ADVERTISEMENT

Jacory Barney

He was. I assume Barney wasn't ready or he would be back there with how explosive he is. I thought IGC looked good.
They say IGC has looked the best he has in practice since he came to Lincoln. That said, there may be some "earn it" component to who starts as punt returner. I would like to see Barney get some pass catches. Get him in space and he'll take it to the house.

I thought IGC was back there with punts. I’d rather see Barney

Was thinking the same thing. But IGC made good decisions and seems to be sure handed. Not nearly as explosive as Barney, but he’s not looking to fair catch and got positive yards on every return. I guess I’ll trust the coaches until I see definitive reason to question the decision.

Kid is gonna do great things. Shadouche, Travis Hunter and coach clown show will be the talk all week. After the game it will be about Raiola, Banks, Barney and Neyor.
I think you’re right. Keep Hunter locked down and they don’t really have anyone else. We have way more threats to spread the ball around to.

Reactions: scarletred
I think you’re right. Keep Hunter locked down and they don’t really have anyone else. We have way more threats to spread the ball around to.

Horne is really good too. But he’s smaller and you can get physical with him if your front 7 can get pressure. If you can’t get pressure on Sanders, somebody will come open and he’ll get you. But I think we will get enough pressure, but if we don’t and Sanders gets us a few times, (not ideal) their defense is “prime” to give up 600 yds and 30-40 pts.

Reactions: 10Trvln
Horne is really good too. But he’s smaller and you can get physical with him if your front 7 can get pressure. If you can’t get pressure on Sanders, somebody will come open and he’ll get you. But I think we will get enough pressure, but if we don’t and Sanders gets us a few times, (not ideal) their defense is “prime” to give up 600 yds and 30-40 pts.
Have to be uber physical with their WR. However you also have to have the horses to run with them if you get beat in a jam. Do we? SS won't throw into windows. If the guy isn't named Hunter and he isnt WIDE OPEN then SS will not throw it. This is our advantage on Def. That and their entire coaching staff has VERY little experience vs 3-3-5. It's just not something they run much at all in the NFL. They will use Def film vs us feom last year. They have almost 0 offensive film on us. These things should give us an advantage. I almost wish we would have just run last years zone read rpo offense in the 2nd half. Give them more to look at on film.

Have to be uber physical with their WR. However you also have to have the horses to run with them if you get beat in a jam. Do we? SS won't throw into windows. If the guy isn't named Hunter and he isnt WIDE OPEN then SS will not throw it. This is our advantage on Def. That and their entire coaching staff has VERY little experience vs 3-3-5. It's just not something they run much at all in the NFL. They will use Def film vs us feom last year. They have almost 0 offensive film on us. These things should give us an advantage. I almost wish we would have just run last years zone read rpo offense in the 2nd half. Give them more to look at on film.

If we can take away Hunter, BIG IF, that offense becomes very hamstrung. They really have no running game to speak of and their passing game is kinda backyard football. Shaduer will hold the ball and look for Hunter and Horne. Take away the better of the two (Hunter) and I think they’ll really struggle. 🤞🏻

Reactions: BleedRed78
They have more than just Hunter. Gonna be a really tough test for the secondary. Thankfully they don't seem much improved up front and that’s the strength of the Husker D. Knocking sanders around and forcing quick throws will help the back end a lot.

Love what Barney brings to the table and hope they are working him into the punt return plans. But catching punts in traffic is way different than fielding kickoffs. Could be that he needs some work there.

In the meantime IGC seemed to do pretty well.

Expanding on this a little, Stat and Rhule kept the game plan simple and vanilla. sCUm is going to have to deal with a more sophisticated scheme next week while trying to figure out a way to keep Shithead vertical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT