ADVERTISEMENT

Is our D salty again next year?

I would say we take a step or two back from this year. But you never know because we don't get to see a lot of the under classmen since were never winning comfortable. But we will lose a lot.

Main returners on line and lb aside from 1 guy each (we'll see if snacks tries to go pro). Ctb gone, but 8 really think Clark has a break out year is he stays healthy and a more seasoned Newsome. Safeties are trickier, although Farmer has ajay's flashed signs of potential greatness. Not sure about Pola Gates tough at this point... My main question mark over all.

Do we have a defense this year that should = a winning season? Yes.

For the 2021 season, the defense ranks 22nd in stop rate, which is behind only 13 other P5 schools.

Can we still be good on defense next year? Yes. And I bet we will be.

We aren't losing any first-round talent or game-changing defender. JoJo is pretty good, but can be replaced.

Cam will enter the NFL draft. That is already known and he has said as much.

We would return the entire linebacker room.

Seems like Stille hasn't had a great season. Daniels would be the guy among the DL that we need to replace if he goes pro, but that can be done.

I suspect we will be about where we are this year for next year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
DE- Thomas
NT- Danniels
DE- Robinson
OLB- Nelson
ILB- Heinrich
ILB- Reimer
OLB- Tannor
CB- Clark
S- Farmer
S- NPG
CB- Newsome

Looks good to me
Riley and Polar Bear backing up at NT, Rogers backing up at DE. Gifford and Wright will compete for Jojo's snaps. There will be good competition at corner. Who backs up Farmer and possible NPG at safety?

I think we will still be decent, but not as good as this year. Jojo has been making a lot of plays himself, as has CTB, and I think CTB will declare.
If DD declares, we will be middle of the pack.
Add: we will be mid pack anyway, but having MSU and OSU replaced with Ind and Rutgers will help.

Last edited:
Defense has shown player development and cohesiveness across the board. They will be solid -- most every team graduates players every season. Also, they play for each other and there seems to be accountability on that side of the ball coming from somewhere.

Basically, the polar opposite of everything that's happened on offense for the last 4 seasons.

Defense has shown player development and cohesiveness across the board. They will be solid -- most every team graduates players every season. Also, they play for each other and there seems to be accountability on that side of the ball coming from somewhere.

Basically, the polar opposite of everything that's happened on offense for the last 4 seasons.
Mostly true, but remember NU has about a half dozen Super Seniors who wouldn't be here under normal circumstances. And they were all major contributors to the defense.

But I did like the improvement we seen with Nelson, Tannor, Luke and mostly all the underclassmen that played a lot of snaps on defense.

Stille may not have numbers in terms of sacks and TFL, but he has had a very solid season and is a reason we are tough against the run. The dude is a tank.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT