ADVERTISEMENT

Is MAGA really a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBRhuskers

Junior
Jul 15, 2016
Regardless of the outcome, this is unreal to watch unfold. My personal opinion, the MSM has a lot of egg on their face and has to reform.

Reactions: Bugeater
Moved the retirement savings almost completely out of stocks a few weeks ago. Didn't really see this happening, but thought it was a possibility and wasn't taking any chances.

And yeah, the market will come back. But I'd rather not crawl out of 2008-like hole.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Well at least he'll actually have an opportunity to "MAGA" since the stock market is already crashing at the mere suggestion of a Trump presidency. Worldwipe Republican caused recession number 2 incoming.
The market dropping (right now) just means that investors are rushing to unwind their bets they piled on amid predictions of a Clinton victory. It's not an indicator that the country is going to go to crap because of a Trump presidency.

Moved the retirement savings almost completely out of stocks a few weeks ago. Didn't really see this happening, but thought it was a possibility and wasn't taking any chances.

And yeah, the market will come back. But I'd rather not crawl out of 2008-like hole.
Not going to happen. This is not 2008.

It will be interesting to see if the Republicans can govern as effectively as they can obstruct.

If so, bright days ahead. But that seems unlikely.

Reactions: huskerfan830
Well at least he'll actually have an opportunity to "MAGA" since the stock market is already crashing at the mere suggestion of a Trump presidency. Worldwipe Republican caused recession number 2 incoming.
Trump voters do not care about the stock market. They are not the elites whose wealth rose so greatly in the last eight years.

Regardless of the outcome, this is unreal to watch unfold. My personal opinion, the MSM has a lot of egg on their face and has to reform.
Like him or not, you cannot help but be impressed with what he accomplished. He won despite:
- nearly the entire media reporting negatively on him.
- spending a minuscule amount of money on his campaign.
- having nearly every celebrity and talking head promote him negatively
- all of Wall Street and their cronies going against him and funding his competitor so heavily
- taking nothing from special interests
He had nearly everything going against him and still won. Maybe he will actually run Washington within or even below budget? That would be interesting...

The world wide marker market is poised for collapse. 8 trillion has gone out of world wide stocks in recent months. Over printing of money created a cheap supply that companies cannot pay back. Businesses are going bankrupt at a faster pace than in 2008 and the too big to fail banks are now 25% bigger now than they were in 08. This has been coming for a long time. New taxes are on the table to bail us out called a wealth tax. we will see.

Last edited:
I expect to see a wall built.
I expect ISIS to be defeated.
I expect same sex marriage to be overturned.
I expect women to be punished for having an abortion.
I expect the US to get out of NATO.
I expect American companies to be penalized for sending jobs overseas.
I expect Hillary to be locked up.

I expect to see a wall built.
I expect ISIS to be defeated.
I expect same sex marriage to be overturned.
I expect women to be punished for having an abortion.
I expect the US to get out of NATO.
I expect American companies to be penalized for sending jobs overseas.
I expect Hillary to be locked up.

dc08ca2c1c587c558532fd38ed14492800525d7883e065d763791679a5bb1619.jpg

Reactions: dinglefritz
One thing I learned:

If a woman couldn't win against Donald Trump, there will never...EVER be a woman president.

he won't be the pariah some sjws make him out to be and he won't be the messiah some religiots make him out to be, either.

i am hopeful that he will be a better president than clinton would've been, but I am a little nervous about his ties to putin - hopefully, those are exaggerated.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Yes we do. In the grand scheme of things, this dip will be five minutes of time over the next 4 years. Lots of bargains coming up in the next 2 days and wall street loves a bargain.
For the most part I agree with this. But as I get older those five minutes of time become more critical than they were when the tech bubble burst or the '08 economic crisis hit. That's why I prefer to be on the sidelines until things calm down, which they likely will.

As with any politician, it's not what they say but what they do.

In the short term, I'll be waiting to see who dies a highly conspicuous but "no wrong doing" death first, Hillary's campaign manager, maybe some FBI agents involved with the probe/it's not a probe/it's not an investigation, maybe some DNC folks.

One thing I learned:

If a woman couldn't win against Donald Trump, there will never...EVER be a woman president.
Not sure if serious? If you are - what was there to admire about Hillary (besides her genitals?). Is she the definition of a strong woman? She stood by a man who has been accused of rape, inappropriate advances towards many females (some that have been settled monetarily), and shooting his wad on an intern a fraction his age in the Oval Office? How did she stand up for these women? Called them bimbos and trailer trash. She stuck with him because of the power that man could bring her. Ride his coat tails through his presidency. Then she runs for senate - not in Arkansas where they lived, not in Illinois where she was born - but New York. Why New York? Use the political influence your hubby helped build in a liberal electoral bonanza. Reports consistently have shown that she will do anything for power, has not known what the truth is for quite some time - and people assume it's just because she has a vagina that folks won't vote for her???? Don't worry, the mainstream media is in denial too.

Facebook is going to be fun today. My favorite part so far is "THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN"...."OH, MY KIDS LIVES ARE RUINED!!." Maybe it's just me but I was 11 when Clinton was impeached thanks to getting blowies in the white house and the only thing I got out of it was that it made Saturday Night Live great. Sorry, your three old kid is not going to give a damn...nor remember a thing Trump says.

1. I am disappointed in Rural America. I would really like to know the thought process that goes through your heads? I know there are some of you on here so please fill me in.

If you can tell me anything positive about him, I really need to hear what it is? I need to hear something to keep my sanity! The only things I hear from Trump supporters is Benghazi and the emails, and the fact that she is married to Bill Clinton and it will just be more of the same.

2. I am sickened by how many people vote on Abortion views alone. Do you really think Trump is going to stop it from happening? Seriously people you use your head, he will not make this a focal point. Abortion clinics will not go away.

These same people that vote against Abortion are the same ones that vote Conservative and don't want to help pay for these baby's being born. It is like you guys are pro birth not pro life

3. I know there is a lot of people that voted for Trump to say F*** the establishment. They want change, and more of the same is not good. The man has been ****ing us for years. Do yourself a favor and do a little research before you go out and vote

4. I teach my kid it is not okay to be a bully, and that he needs to respect people for who they are. What do I tell him now? We have President that does those exact things that I teach my son not to do. How sad is that!

5. Trump has in fact proven out of his own mouth that he is Sexist and Racist. It saddens me that over half of America is okay with that?

I could go on and on about how many things are wrong with what happened last night, but it's not going to change anyone's minds. My Presidential choice was John Kasich, but forget about stability. Hillary should not have been the Democratic Candidate either, but I digress

Last edited:
Sexism, homophobia, bigotry, hate, and xenophobia have won out...the man gave a voice to hatred and it got him elected...Hillary was a poor option but this is such a stain on our history. In all reality we elected President Pence last night, the next 4 years will be a mess...also has the media and pollsters ever get something this big this wrong?

Reactions: regionsdoc
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT