ADVERTISEMENT

In 2018, Kirk Ferentz was the Worst Coach in the Power 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your idiot media and fan base were expecting a Bowl game. Little did they know Colorado and Troy would get in the way in Lincoln. Your a mental midget that’s your title.
Lol Mental midget, does your mom call you that? Iowa is an after thought in the football world. You can try any way you want to minimize Nebraska and pump up Iowa. Fact of the matter is Nebraska will always be thought of as a better program. Nebraska will always get more respect, Nebraska will always have more accomplishments. 4 years of beating Nebraska does not change that and automatically make you some juggernaut program worthy of our respect or national respect. Everyone but Iowa knows Nebraska is still the better program. From here on out if Iowa can beat us once every 4 or 5 years consider that success. Face the facts, Iowa just isn't that good.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Sorry but I’m no fan of Kirk Ferentz. In 20 plus years he’s won the Capital One bowl ONCE and Orange Bowl ONCE. His best run was 2002-2004 (and in that run he went 3-3 in bowl games with wins in the Alamo bowl, Outback bowl and Capital One bowl, while losing in Orange Bowl, Alamo bowl and Outback bowl...and that was his best run) and then it was basically mediocre from then on.

But forgive me, I won’t claim Ferentz as good Head Coach when he averages 7-8 wins a year while playing nothing but cupcakes every season. With their schedules...good to great head coaches would average 9-10 games a year. On any blue blood team or any of the big boy football teams...Kirk Ferentz would have been fired by now and never made 20 plus years, only at Iowa does he last 20 plus years... Ferentz is average to just below average at best...Bo Pelini is a better Head Coach...Ferentz needs to just retire.

Last edited:
I’ll be fair...Iowa has a good to great S&C program. They have for years now. That’s what keeps them competitive now. I’m glad our Huskers got Duvall and our Dietitian. We will now be just as good, if not better in S&C. Iowa’s down fall is their coaching staff is garbage. IF Iowa would clean house and fire Kirk and the staff and then spend the big boy money on a big time Head Coach...Iowa could be on the rise too...just like their big brothers Nebraska and ISU.

Big Ten fans I present..... Husker 2612 another delusional Husker fan. Hard to take you seriously when your can’t miss head coach has not delivered a road win yet. Get back to me when you at least collect a road win champ and have a two game win streak.

And your going to talk and say anything when Kirk Ferentz himself went 1-10 his first year and then went 3-9 In year two??? So what, Frost had a down first year...plenty of Head Coaches have and do. Your obviously to stupid to look past the black and white and the final record and see the progress made from Mike Riley’s team his final year till Frosts final 6 games last season...it’s fine...next season is about here...don’t come crying about Huskers and Frost running it up on your DBag team...because it’s going to happen.

Last edited:
Dude, Iowa has run at will against us for 4 years. Theres no shame in admitting that. We've pretty much sucked for the better part of the last 4 years. Things are changing, but the guy is right.
I don't think many Neb disagree that Iowa has owned us the previous 3 years. They were able to do what they wanted against us. Even last years game you could see that they were the stronger more physical team. Where most Iowa fans and Neb fans disagree is why they got those blow out wins and if it will continue. Facts are facts previous to Mike Riley Neb was 3-1 vs Iowa since joining the BIG10. 29-14 all time. Mike Riley comes in and the rails fall off. Scott Frost comes in and the very first year the blow outs stop. Nebraska is instantly a more competitive team. Now factor in our S&C getting at the very min equal to Iowa. We out recruit Iowa every single year and it isn't even close most years. With all things being equal eventually that talent level gap is going to start to show. Im not saying Iowa is never going to beat Nebraska. Im saying the last 4 years were a fluke. Nebraska will win 60-75% of the time.
I know Iowa come back already. "Well Michigan out recruits us too and we beat them" Yes correct. They have also been in a similar coaching carousel as Neb the last 20 years. Programs need stability and competent coaching to go with their recruiting. As Michigan and Nebraska have proven, better recruiting doesn't mean guaranteed wins. It is a combination of everything. We Neb fans believe we have everything now to take advantage of the recruiting talent.

Last edited:
I don't think many Neb disagree that Iowa has owned us the previous 3 years. They were able to do what they wanted against us. Even last years game you could see that they were the stronger more physical team. Where most Iowa fans and Neb fans disagree is why they got those blow out wins and if it will continue. Facts are facts previous to Mike Riley Neb was 3-1 vs Iowa since joining the BIG10. 29-14 all time. Mike Riley comes in and the rails fall off. Scott Frost comes in and the very first year the blow outs stop. Nebraska is instantly a more competitive team. Now factor in our S&C getting at the very min equal to Iowa. We out recruit Iowa every single year and it isn't even close most years. With all things being equal eventually that talent level gap is going to start to show. Im not saying Iowa is never going to beat Nebraska. Im saying the last 4 years were a fluke. Nebraska will 60-75% of the time.
Agreed right up until you said 60% of the time. Iowa should feel fortunate if they win 2 out of every 10 and that would only be in their best years if we happen to have injuries or young skill position players. Iowa at its best still won't be as good as Kstate was in the 90s and we only lost 1 game to the kitties in that span. Like you said, Iowa was 1-3 against us under Bo and by all accounts he was only a mediocre coach. They recently have just reaped the benefits of us being no more than a shell of what the program should and can be.

Reactions: husker2612
Agreed right up until you said 60% of the time. Iowa should feel fortunate if they win 2 out of every 10 and that would only be in their best years if we happen to have injuries or young skill position players. Iowa at its best still won't be as good as Kstate was in the 90s and we only lost 1 game to the kitties in that span. Like you said, Iowa was 1-3 against us under Bo and by all accounts he was only a mediocre coach. They recently have just reaped the benefits of us being no more than a shell of what the program should and can be.
I debated going that low. Figured for argument sake/ bare min, I would give them at least 60%

I debated going that low. Figured for argument sake/ bare min, I would give them at least 60%
Yeah, theres just no way. That would be splitting games and taking 1 away from them. I could go there with PSU or OSU and feel like that is doing pretty good, but its frigging Iowa we are talking about. Just seems to me that even a 2 game losing streak against them would be a massive underachievement. I view them more like Iowa St, who would come out of nowhere to upset us every now and again but were never close to being our peer.

Yeah, theres just no way. That would be splitting games and taking 1 away from them. I could go there with PSU or OSU and feel like that is doing pretty good, but its frigging Iowa we are talking about. Just seems to me that even a 2 game losing streak against them would be a massive underachievement. I view them more like Iowa St, who would come out of nowhere to upset us every now and again but were never close to being our peer.
I agree, I made a comment awhile back. Iowa is to us like Iowa St is to Iowa. Iowa St had a 4 or 5 year win streak on Iowa in the early 2000s. Like Iowas win streak on us these last 4 years, it was just a weird, stars align, type of deal. Most years Iowa owns Iowa St. Most year we will own Iowa as well.

You guys are a trip. Re-watch the game film when Iowa runs the ball and count the dead bodies Nebraska has laying on the ground. Big brothers Nebraska and Iowa State? Big brothers are each 0 for the last 4 which means a combined 0-8. Hard to take you guys serious.

You guys are a trip. Re-watch the game film when Iowa runs the ball and count the dead bodies Nebraska has laying on the ground. Big brothers Nebraska and Iowa State? Big brothers are each 0 for the last 4 which means a combined 0-8. Hard to take you guys serious.
Iowa St is not a big brother to Iowa and nobody should even try to make that case. Every Iowa fan I know has these delusions of grandeur about how their team is elite because every now and then they put everything together against somebody that isnt expecting it, but that absolutely does not mean Iowa is anything more than what they are: an above average program.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
You aren't the brightest crayon in the box. Yes, we all understand what happened these last 4 years, we get, we saw it. You do realize Frost was not the coach for those 3 blow out losses right? You do realize he only had 9 months in the program before taking Iowa to a last second field goal right? You do realize 75% of the team was not even around for those 3 blow out losses right? I just don't understand this argument from Iowa fans. It makes zero logical sense. This is a completely different team. So using the previous 3 or 4 years as a gauge for what the future is going to be like is like saying. "Well it rained for 4 days straight, that means it is going to rain forever"

I don’t know anything about the weather 2612 but Mike Ditka could be standing on your sideline and if you continue to defend the run the way you do.....well you know the rest .....I don’t want to have to use one of my crayons to diagram what over 200 yards rushing looks like.

I don’t know anything about the weather 2612 but Mike Ditka could be standing on your sideline and if you continue to defend the run the way you do.....well you know the rest .....I don’t want to have to use one of my crayons to diagram what over 200 yards rushing looks like.
Again you keep using the past data and stats. What proof do you have that Iowa can beat Neb going forward?

I’m talking about last year 270 yards rushing 2018 Not Mike Riley....Frost was on the sideline the guy with a red N on his hat. After the game he made mention of the physicality of Iowa and the lack there of what he put on the field. I don’t care about Mike Riley I do what your fan base does....pretend “it” didn’t happen

I’ll be fair...Iowa has a good to great S&C program. They have for years now. That’s what keeps them competitive now. I’m glad our Huskers got Duvall and our Dietitian. We will now be just as good, if not better in S&C. Iowa’s down fall is their coaching staff is garbage. IF Iowa would clean house and fire Kirk and the staff and then spend the big boy money on a big time Head Coach...Iowa could be on the rise too...just like their big brothers Nebraska and ISU.
Now you’re just trying too hard. Unfortunately, it will still work.

He's calling you stupid. Slow on the draw. A few cards short of a deck. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. An insult to stupid people.

Yeah, i get what he's saying, and you are defending. Again making fun of mentally handicapped children. You want to call Iowa fans dumb, go ahead, leave the special needs kids out of it. Not even one of your own fan base called you out on it even, what a bunch of knuckle dragging heathens

The truth of the matter is that Iowa could become the next Oregon or Clemson, but after 20 years worth of evidence its pretty obvious that it isnt going to happen under Kirk. He's basically just like RC Slocum when he was at TAMU. Pretty good coach at a 2nd level school but never really broke through. I have nothing against him, but what they are right now is what they will continue to be until a change is made, but even then there are no guarantees. And quite honestly, keeping him around isnt exactly a hard decision. That's what separates OSU, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, Bama, etc from teams like Iowa. We don't settle for above average. It isnt unrealistic expectations either, its the fact that at some schools excellence is possible for extended periods of time, while it isnt at others. No big deal, its just how life works.

The same proof you have that we can't.
Long term data is more accurate than short. Long term data suggest Nebraska is more of successful program not only in general but also against Iowa. Is it 100% guarantee, nope. Long term success and data suggests Nebraska will have better success than Iowa going forward. Add in the better recruiting, and Frost history of success with other programs. It points to Nebraska being the better team more often than not.

I get it now.... So the Hawks should strive for 4-8 correct? Or is it back to back 4-8? It’s just how life works right? I’m done here...you guys are nuts.

The truth of the matter is that Iowa could become the next Oregon or Clemson, but after 20 years worth of evidence its pretty obvious that it isnt going to happen under Kirk. He's basically just like RC Slocum when he was at TAMU. Pretty good coach at a 2nd level school but never really broke through. I have nothing against him, but what they are right now is what they will continue to be until a change is made, but even then there are no guarantees. And quite honestly, keeping him around isnt exactly a hard decision. That's what separates OSU, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, Bama, etc from teams like Iowa. We don't settle for above average. It isnt unrealistic expectations either, its the fact that at some schools excellence is possible for extended periods of time, while it isnt at others. No big deal, its just how life works.
Agree 100% different programs have different ideas of what success should be. They have different levels of expectations. The teams you mentioned expect more than what Iowa expects. It isn't right or wrong, it is what it is. Iowa is completely happy getting their 7-9 wins a year, making their bowl game, and beating Iowa st. Nothing wrong with that. Nebraska isn't happy with that. If we were Bo would still be the coach, if he was we probably wouldn't have had these last 4 years. Would probably be 8-1 or 7-2 vs Iowa. We weren't happy with getting just 9 wins a year. We took a gamble to get more, the gamble horribly backfired. Point is Nebraska would rather taking those shots and miss horribly, with a chance to get a guy like Frost vs being Iowa football for the next 20 years.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I get it now.... So the Hawks should strive for 4-8 correct? Or is it back to back 4-8? It’s just how life works right? I’m done here...you guys are nuts.
No. The question that needs to be answered quite honestly is what DO you guys strive for? No offense, but it has always amazed me how much a fanbase can brag about quality losses in football and then take some weird level of satisfaction in saying "we're the best 3 loss team in the country".

I personally don’t brag about a loss. However, ironically I have read enough over here the last few days to be convinced your the most dangerous back to back 8 loss team in the country going into 2019.

I personally don’t brag about a loss. However, ironically I have read enough over here the last few days to be convinced your the most dangerous back to back 8 loss team in the country going into 2019.

Go buy some football magazines this summer and see what they are saying about Nebraska in 2019.

That way you don’t have to come over here and read it on our board..

The difference is Nebraska fans aren't the only ones saying that. Many experts also agree.

Go buy some football magazines this summer and see what they are saying about Nebraska in 2019.

That way you don’t have to come over here and read it on our board..

Wow! A football magazine written 3 months ago by someone who has never set foot on campus is the gospel regarding what is going to happen this fall?

Only in Nebraska could you read that.

Wow! A football magazine written 3 months ago by someone who has never set foot on campus is the gospel regarding what is going to happen this fall?

Only in Nebraska could you read that.

Buy Phi Steele it’s coming out in a week or two you moron..

Or better yet check out who Vegas has winning the B1G West.. Mr Derp..

Besides SWiowahawks we have to be getting some of the most dense posters from the state of Iowa over here...o_O

As you type Scarlet your team keeps adding players to the Big Ten all-drug team. I’m guessing your plug for Phil Steele’s magazine will include guys in rehab this fall and not on the field. Good Lord someone’s in charge there right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT