ADVERTISEMENT

In 2018, Kirk Ferentz was the Worst Coach in the Power 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate has 48 TDs and 15 int the last two seasons he just needs to be more consistent in crunch time. You probably do feel he isn't that good because vs Nebraska we are usually running the ball at will and don't ask him to do much.
311, give me breakdown on what teams he got those stats on. I saw Iowa a few times over the last couple years, and I didn't see it..

Nate has 48 TDs and 15 int the last two seasons he just needs to be more consistent in crunch time. You probably do feel he isn't that good because vs Nebraska we are usually running the ball at will and don't ask him to do much.

But still is the 3rd best QB in the B1G behind Patterson and 2AM without seeing what 5* Hunter Johnson does for Northwestern..

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
The Iowa fan base places more relevance on a 4 year span than any other fan base I can think of, scratch that.....Iowa is the KSU of the B1G. 1900 - -2001 Nebraska vastly better than Iowa, no debate. 2002-2014 Nebraska essentially equal to Iowa while owning the head to head 3 outta 4. 2015-2018, Iowa has been a little better than Nebraska and owns the head to head 4 outta 4. Congrats Iowa fan on your 4 years of relevance in the series.

tenor.gif

Ok. I give up. After reading this thread....The Huskers are now officially the most dangerous back to back 4 win team ever in the storied history of College Football.
Never a more true statement said. Neb is going to be very dangerous this year. If Iowa can keep it to within 2 Td loss at Neb, they should consider that success.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You guys should be ready it is your Super Bowl.
You are saying Iowa is our Super Bowl? lol What??? you aren't serious right? Nebraska only really cares about this years win, just to shut up the arrogant Iowa fans. After that, Iowa will be an after thought most year. I team we pencil in as a W most years. Going forward Iowa will be as important to Nebraska and Iowa St is to Iowa. Iowas last 4 years was similar to Iowa st beating Iowa 98-2002. Was just a fluke deal. It will be a curb stomp game most years. Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland and Iowa will be in the same column when it comes to concern level.

Big Ten fans I present..... Husker 2612 another delusional Husker fan. Hard to take you seriously when your can’t miss head coach has not delivered a road win yet. Get back to me when you at least collect a road win champ and have a two game win streak.

Big Ten fans I present..... Husker 2612 another delusional Husker fan. Hard to take you seriously when your can’t miss head coach has not delivered a road win yet. Get back to me when you at least collect a road win champ and have a two game win streak.
Thanks for confirming you're a dumbshit. 1 year in and Frost is a miss-hire, huh? Jirk went 4-19 in his first 2 years, why didn't you fire him? No, I think we'll wait 21 years to see if he's mediocre.

Reactions: husker2612

Top Senior QBs for 2020 NFL Draft
per NFLDraftScout.com (Lindy's Big Ten Sports Annuals)
  1. no surprise QB Justin Herbert, Oregon
  2. Nate Stanley, Iowa
  3. Shea Patterson, Michigan (not surprising, Patterson is rated higher than Stanley as a college QB)
  4. Steven Montez, Colorado (Week 2 should be a good test for him)
  5. Jake Bentley, South Carolina
At least one of these QBs will have a solid senior season, like Northwestern's Clayton Thorson, last year, leading his team to a division title.

The Iowa fan base places more relevance on a 4 year span than any other fan base I can think of, scratch that.....Iowa is the KSU of the B1G. 1900 - -2001 Nebraska vastly better than Iowa, no debate. 2002-2014 Nebraska essentially equal to Iowa while owning the head to head 3 outta 4. 2015-2018, Iowa has been a little better than Nebraska and owns the head to head 4 outta 4. Congrats Iowa fan on your 4 years of relevance in the series.
2002-2014 I must have missed the part when Nebraska won 2 B1G Championships, 2 BCS Orange Bowls and 4 top 8 finishes. Other than that yes essentially equal.

You are saying Iowa is our Super Bowl? lol What??? you aren't serious right? Nebraska only really cares about this years win, just to shut up the arrogant Iowa fans. After that, Iowa will be an after thought most year. I team we pencil in as a W most years. Going forward Iowa will be as important to Nebraska and Iowa St is to Iowa. Iowas last 4 years was similar to Iowa st beating Iowa 98-2002. Was just a fluke deal. It will be a curb stomp game most years. Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland and Iowa will be in the same column when it comes to concern level.
Even your coaches know Iowa is never going to be an easy game. Defense, play in the trenches, time of year and the fact Kirk Ferentz hates so called bluebloods will make this game a dogfight every year.

2002-2014 I must have missed the part when Nebraska won 2 B1G Championships, 2 BCS Orange Bowls and 4 top 8 finishes. Other than that yes essentially equal.
RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Iowa “shared” and was “given” those B1G championships they didn’t win 2 B1G championships, Nebraska actually had to earn a conference championship by playing a championship game and played in 3 of those championship games in that span. So, like I said, Nebraska and Iowa were essentially equal with Nebraska owning the head to head in that span. The only thing I regret about my post is insulting KSU fans by comparing them to Iowa fans, that was uncalled for. Smokin

Iowa has had success with two coaches in the modern era. Bill Snyder, left Iowa, to give K-State a pulse. Came back, since they flat lined basically without him.

In the modern era, it has only been Bill Snyder. That may change with Chris Klieman?

We shall see.

Iowa ended the Big 2 dominance in the Big Ten in 1981. Beat Nebraska in opener, then UCLA, and won first Big Ten title under Hayden Fry, with Bill Snyder as OC.

The Big Ten has 4 historic blue bloods.
  • Michigan, Nebraska 1997 - none of these kids were alive to remember
  • 2002, 2014 Ohio State national titles
  • As noted, in 2004, college freshmen were 5 last time Michigan won a share of the Big Ten
  • Penn State and the Joe Pa era is a long, long time ago, but Penn State did win B1G in 2016
Michigan State is struggling at late. They won B1G in 2015 and had sole opportunity in CFP, but were shutout, literally.

Look elsewhere for a Big Ten team in the 2019 CFP?

Iowa has had success with two coaches in the modern era. Bill Snyder, left Iowa, to give K-State a pulse. Came back, since they flat lined basically without him.

In the modern era, it has only been Bill Snyder. That may change with Chris Klieman?

We shall see.

Iowa ended the Big 2 dominance in the Big Ten in 1981. Beat Nebraska in opener, then UCLA, and won first Big Ten title under Hayden Fry, with Bill Snyder as OC.

The Big Ten has 4 historic blue bloods.
  • Michigan, Nebraska 1997 - none of these kids were alive to remember
  • 2002, 2014 Ohio State national titles
  • As noted, in 2004, college freshmen were 5 last time Michigan won a share of the Big Ten
  • Penn State and the Joe Pa era is a long, long time ago, but Penn State did win B1G in 2016
Michigan State is struggling at late. They won B1G in 2015 and had sole opportunity in CFP, but were shutout, literally.

Look elsewhere for a Big Ten team in the 2019 CFP?
“Ended Big 2 dominance” in 1981, no. Iowa shows flashes and that’s it. Most Nebraska fans think of Iowa in the same terms most Iowa fans think of ISU. The numbers support our opinion.

Iowa 8-4 lost that year to Iowa State and shared the B1G with tOSU 9-3..

The reason why Iowa went to the Rose Bowl was because they hadn’t been there since 1960 and tOSU was there in 79.

And Michigan State ended the 2 team dominance in 1978 before Iowa did in 1981.Winking

Last edited:
I also find it odd that in 1981 Iowa and Ohio St didn’t play one another and both had 3 non conference games and the rest of the Big 10 played 9 conference games and only 2 non conference..

Was this a blunder by Jim Delany..

Iowa 8-4 lost that year to Iowa State and shared the B1G with tOSU 9-3..

The reason why Iowa went to the Rose Bowl was because they hadn’t been there since 1960 and tOSU was there in 79.

And Michigan State ended the 2 team dominance in 1978 before Iowa did in 1981.Winking

And, Illinois carried the momentum with a 9-0 season in 1983. Iowa also took Ohio State down in 1983, to end the long drought between the Big 2.

Iowa State is seeking its first conference title, since 1912. Could 2019 be the season for Matt Campbell and his Cyclones?

I believe back in the old MVC, that both Iowa and Nebraska used to play in at one time, aa well.

311, give me breakdown on what teams he got those stats on. I saw Iowa a few times over the last couple years, and I didn't see it..
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nathan-stanley-2/gamelog/2017/

2017 he had 5 TDS against ISU and OSU. He also had 0 TDS @MSU and @Wisconsin. Wisconsin was the week after OSU and this where the consistency notion comes in. 226 yards and 5 TDS against OSU, 41 yards passing and zero TDS with a pick against Wisconsin.

2018 started a little slower. But threw for 4 against Minnesota and then 6 against Indiana. Maryland was the next game and he only threw 1. (Extremely high winds). Then the PSU game where it was the second worst QB performance I’ve witness in my young career as a Hawk fan. Missed a for sure TD and had the worst late game throw you could imagine at the 2 yard line.

Finished strong though with 10 TDS and 2 picks the last 5 games. 3 TDS against Miss State with literally a negative rushing attack. Threw one dumb pick and had another one dropped by a DB however.

We are hoping he can build upon his 59.3% completion percentage to become more consistent each game.

And, Illinois carried the momentum with a 9-0 season in 1983. Iowa also took Ohio State down in 1983, to end the long drought between the Big 2.

Iowa State is seeking its first conference title, since 1912. Could 2019 be the season for Matt Campbell and his Cyclones?

I believe back in the old MVC, that both Iowa and Nebraska used to play in at one time, aa well.

In 1983 Michigan finished 2nd not Ohio St..
tOSU lost to Michigan and Illinois too...

I feel if Wisconsin and Iowa were swapped on the schedule the past four seasons the games probably are a little different.

Iowa greatly benefitted by playing teams with nothing to play for who had essentially quit. In 2017 Nebraska hung with Wisconsin for three quarters before Wisky's physicality took it's toll and they dominated the fourth. In 2016 they were in the game till the end with a chance to win but couldn't make the plays in OT..

If Nu would have put forth that kind of effort against Iowa those two years I think they have a chance to win and definitely don't get blown out. In 2015 Nu lost the game just as much as Iowa won it, essentially a gift by Armstrong (four interceptions and pick ,6) and idiot Nu penalties on Iowa touchdown drives.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nathan-stanley-2/gamelog/2017/

2017 he had 5 TDS against ISU and OSU. He also had 0 TDS @MSU and @Wisconsin. Wisconsin was the week after OSU and this where the consistency notion comes in. 226 yards and 5 TDS against OSU, 41 yards passing and zero TDS with a pick against Wisconsin.

2018 started a little slower. But threw for 4 against Minnesota and then 6 against Indiana. Maryland was the next game and he only threw 1. (Extremely high winds). Then the PSU game where it was the second worst QB performance I’ve witness in my young career as a Hawk fan. Missed a for sure TD and had the worst late game throw you could imagine at the 2 yard line.

Finished strong though with 10 TDS and 2 picks the last 5 games. 3 TDS against Miss State with literally a negative rushing attack. Threw one dumb pick and had another one dropped by a DB however.

We are hoping he can build upon his 59.3% completion percentage to become more consistent each game.
Appreciate brother

Reactions: SWIowahawks
From a development standpoint, Nebraska was at least 2 years behind Iowa in 2018. That was the difference in the game and it was only a 3 point difference. Ferentz is an OK coach and seems to be one of the genuinely good guys in college football so I really cant say much bad about him, but objectively looking at things you have to see that Nebraska is going to pass Iowa in a very short period of time.

I just look at it this way: on a national level, is it more likely that Nebraska or Iowa becomes the next Alabama? That's a pretty easy question to answer.
Put down the crack pipe bro, Nebraska never has been nor ever will be the next Alabama.

Reactions: Hawk Writer
Put down the crack pipe bro, Nebraska never has been nor ever will be the next Alabama.
Cool story. Iowa is the next KSU. It’ll take Iowa a minimum of 30 years of 8-9 win seasons along with numerous conference championships and national championships with Nebraska having 4-6 win seasons for Iowa to even sniff being equal to Nebraska in football and by that time I won’t be around. Iowa is to Nebraska what ISU is to Iowa. Simple.

Sorry, Frost didn't get @ Indiana @ Minnesota @ Illinois like Iowa got last year. He got @ Wisc @ Ohio St and @ Michigan. He already has a 2 game win streak FYI. Just when I am sure Iowa fans can't get more stupid, another one comes along. Congrats you now retain the title of most stupid Iowa fan. Don't get too excited you won't hold that title for long.

Sorry, Frost didn't get @ Indiana @ Minnesota @ Illinois like Iowa got last year. He got @ Wisc @ Ohio St and @ Michigan. He already has a 2 game win streak FYI. Just when I am sure Iowa fans can't get more stupid, another one comes along. Congrats you now retain the title of most stupid Iowa fan. Don't get too excited you won't hold that title for long.

Your idiot media and fan base were expecting a Bowl game. Little did they know Colorado and Troy would get in the way in Lincoln. Your a mental midget that’s your title.

Your idiot media and fan base were expecting a Bowl game. Little did they know Colorado and Troy would get in the way in Lincoln. Your a mental midget that’s your title.

Since you’re here, please give us a breakdown of Iowa football compared to Iowa State football and tell us your opinion of how you feel about ISU fans? TIA.

Last edited:
Cool story. Iowa is the next KSU. It’ll take Iowa a minimum of 30 years of 8-9 win seasons along with numerous conference championships and national championships with Nebraska having 4-6 win seasons for Iowa to even sniff being equal to Nebraska in football and by that time I won’t be around. Iowa is to Nebraska what ISU is to Iowa. Simple.
I agree that Jay hit a homerun with that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT