ADVERTISEMENT

In 2018, Kirk Ferentz was the Worst Coach in the Power 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for fux sake Mike, don't go full retard. Nebraska has never gone 4-8 in consecutive seasons with the loserist coach we've ever had. Way to hold your hat on beating our worst teams ever.

Our best teams ever (about 10 different squads) woulda beat your 2015 team by 50.

Oh for fux sake Mike, don't go full retard. Nebraska has never gone 4-8 in consecutive seasons with the loserist coach we've ever had. Way to hold your hat on beating our worst teams ever.

Our best teams ever (about 10 different squads) woulda beat your 2015 team by 50.

I’m not here to tell you that Nebraska won’t be back. I think Frost will lift the program back up again, however Nebraska is not going to have stretches like you guys had from the 70’s through the 90’s losing a game or two a year in the regular season for 20 plus years. I remember this board making fun of Iowa for losing to Northwestern back in the oughts - and then you guys got a front row seat for them kicking your butts a few times. Everybody in this league has gold plated facilities and top paid coaching staffs. Even Wisconsin doesn’t yap like you just did cause in the long run these series even out. Respect your league.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I’m not here to tell you that Nebraska won’t be back. I think Frost will lift the program back up again, however Nebraska is not going to have stretches like you guys had from the 70’s through the 90’s losing a game or two a year in the regular season for 20 plus years. I remember this board making fun of Iowa for losing to Northwestern back in the oughts - and then you guys got a front row seat for them kicking your butts a few times. Everybody in this league has gold plated facilities and top paid coaching staffs. Even Wisconsin doesn’t yap like you just did cause in the long run these series even out. Respect your league.

Mike... You are funny buddy. You make some valid points. Everyone does have great facilities and they will only continue to get better. You are correct. I also agree that NU will not have a run like it did in the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's probably not going to happen, but literally to base everything off of the Mike Riley area is your biggest mistake. You owned Riley congrats, but Bo Pelini owned you 3-1 on the scoreboard, and he is a very mediocre coach. Quit acting like Iowa has been some super power. They haven;t

Mike... You are funny buddy. You make some valid points. Everyone does have great facilities and they will only continue to get better. You are correct. I also agree that NU will not have a run like it did in the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's probably not going to happen, but literally to base everything off of the Mike Riley area is your biggest mistake. You owned Riley congrats, but Bo Pelini owned you 3-1 on the scoreboard, and he is a very mediocre coach. Quit acting like Iowa has been some super power. They haven;t
Iowa fans have very hard time understanding the Mike Riley effect. All they have to do is looking at actual numbers, stats, and data. Throughout history we have owned Iowa, Bo has owned Iowa. Mike Riley comes in and gets blown out 3 years in a row. Scott Frost comes in, the blow outs stop and we lose by 3 in the very first year. Iowa just can't compete with Nebraska as long as we have an average coach at the helm. I am just going to assuming Frost at the very min is Bo level of coach.

Reactions: F5Tornado
Iowa fans have very hard time understanding the Mike Riley effect. All they have to do is looking at actual numbers, stats, and data. Throughout history we have owned Iowa, Bo has owned Iowa. Mike Riley comes in and gets blown out 3 years in a row. Scott Frost comes in, the blow outs stop and we lose by 3 in the very first year. Iowa just can't compete with Nebraska as long as we have an average coach at the helm. I am just going to assuming Frost at the very min is Bo level of coach.

Blown out 2 out 3.. Riley’s first year wasn’t a blow out 28-20 even though TA throwing 6 interceptions and one for a gimme touchdown might have seemed like a blow out..

Blown out 2 out 3.. Riley’s first year wasn’t a blow out 28-20 even though TA throwing 6 interceptions and one for a gimme touchdown might have seemed like a blow out..
Lol probably just listening to Iowa yapping for the last 4 years. My mind just went to blow outs

Yep. Them saying the new TE is their scraps are hilarious as well. They get all of our scraps and lose most recruiting battles to us. TO their credit, they have developed those scraps but yeah. Delusional bunch over there.

Yep. Them saying the new TE is their scraps are hilarious as well. They get all of our scraps and lose most recruiting battles to us. TO their credit, they have developed those scraps but yeah. Delusional bunch over there.
I have a strong feeling they will get a dose of reality this year and for years to come.

Hopefully. Our fans have been flapping our gums a lot. It is for good reason, but it would be miserable if we lose to those idiots.

Last year, in year one...with Martinez being a true freshman and how young our team was, it took Iowa pulling off a last second field goal to win. And it was in Iowa City. This is year two and in Lincoln. I really don’t see us losing this time around. Iowa’s offense won’t be as good and their defense will definitely take a little drop. While our Huskers should take a big step forward in every area. ;)

Last year, in year one...with Martinez being a true freshman and how young our team was, it took Iowa pulling off a last second field goal to win. And it was in Iowa City. This is year two and in Lincoln. I really don’t see us losing this time around. Iowa’s offense won’t be as good and their defense will definitely take a little drop. While our Huskers should take a big step forward in every area. ;)

Hopefully. Our fans have been flapping our gums a lot. It is for good reason, but it would be miserable if we lose to those idiots.

Oh man could you imagine if we did lose. Talk about Doomsday, the Iowa trolls will be out in full force. I agree huskersalts, I just don't see how we possibly lose that game. Im guessing we will be a 7- 10 point fav going in and will be shocked if we win by anything less than 2 TDs. That is barring a Martinez injury. If he gets hurt and doesn't play that could sway things a bit. I still think even if he gets hurt our back ups would still be good enough to pull out a close win.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Oh man could you imagine if we did lose. Talk about Doomsday, the Iowa trolls will be out in full force. I agree huskersalts, I just don't see how we possibly lose that game. Im guessing we will be a 7- 10 point fav going in and will be shocked if we win by anything less than 2 TDs. That is barring a Martinez injury. If he gets hurt and doesn't play that could sway things a bit. I still think even if he gets hurt our back ups would still be good enough to pull out a close win.
It won't matter if we beat them by 4 or by 40, Iowa fans will just call it a quality loss and claim that their loss is more impressive than our win over them. And I'm not even kidding, that actually will happen.

It won't matter if we beat them by 4 or by 40, Iowa fans will just call it a quality loss and claim that their loss is more impressive than our win over them. And I'm not even kidding, that actually will happen.
Oh I know. We will have 10 years of blowouts on them and I guarantee they would still try to spin these last 4 years as proof they are the better program. lol They really are a delusional group.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8

Exactly my point. Iowa’s team last season will be better then this years 2019 Iowa team...definitely on offense. And our Husker team should take a collective jump forward in all areas. And last year it took a Iowa last second FG to beat us in Iowa City. We should NOT lose. But if some how, some way we do lose...the Iowa dips will be even more obsessed with our Huskers and this board then they already are. Only way the Huskers lose is if Martinez doesn’t play...that’s my honest opinion. If Iowa thought Martinez was good last year...just wait till he plays them this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
I think it’s absolutely funny how many Iowa fans are so worried what us Husker fans think on this board that this topic its self has gone on for what...6-7 pages now? Huskers are truly living rent free right now....this topic alone shows that.

I have buddies that played for Iowa and they know - Nebraska’s time is coming. When you sit down and have good conversations with Iowa fans - yes it is possible - they are very scared of Frost’s potential. They know it’s been a good 4 years of beating Nebraska, and it’s about over.

It’s odd. Iowa’s staff is obviously good at developing players, but they don’t seem to get a lot of results out of it. Very good at one aspect of coaching, but clearly missing something.
is it really that hard to understand? when you develop players, it's gonna take more than a few months to see their peak.

Did stanley play like a 1st round pick last year? LOL. or even 3rd round? no
Did jackson play anything like a 1st rounder? Other than AJE, the answer is the same for all the 2020 guys.

Am I saying he is a perfect coach........nope. Just don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. Oh wait.........nm :)

I have buddies that played for Iowa and they know - Nebraska’s time is coming. When you sit down and have good conversations with Iowa fans - yes it is possible - they are very scared of Frost’s potential. They know it’s been a good 4 years of beating Nebraska, and it’s about over.
He's gonna need to work something out with the lincoln pd before anyone is gonna worry about him ;)

Last year Huskers lost to Iowa because of decisions made by our defensive coordinator. We still have that same coordinator. I sure hope that somehow a better job is done by the def staff now that they have better talent and a little more depth most everywhere!

I know a couple Iowa fans who can see the writing on the wall. Most I know are just as arrogant, delusional, and idiotic as these msg board posters. I have talked to a few that have actually admitted these last 4 years were a fluke and that Frost will probably get the better of them most years.

is it really that hard to understand? when you develop players, it's gonna take more than a few months to see their peak.

Wait, wait, wait. Then why is every Iowa douche clown over here claiming "last years lost had nothing to do with Riley " Like somehow 3 years of no S&C can somehow be fixed by Frost in 9 months.

I think it’s absolutely funny how many Iowa fans are so worried what us Husker fans think on this board that this topic its self has gone on for what...6-7 pages now? Huskers are truly living rent free right now....this topic alone shows that.
They have to get their yapping in now, because they know deep down they won't be able to talk after this year.

I know plenty of former Iowa players and they snicker when they hear this talk about Nebby being the next Alabama. Back to back 4 win seasons doesn’t cause fear in anyone. Saying something and actually doing it is hard for many of you to understand.

I know plenty of former Iowa players and they snicker when they hear this talk about Nebby being the next Alabama. Back to back 4 win seasons doesn’t cause fear in anyone. Saying something and actually doing it is hard for many of you to understand.
Mike Riley is hard for most Iowa fans to understand. Yes I know, "but Frost was the coach last year" As one of your own fans stated. " Do you think it might take more than a few months to develop, train, and condition players"

2612....No...Hawk fans get it.

I realize your offense can score. The Big Ten is not the AAC you wont be able to outscore everyone in the Big Ten.

In 2018 Nebraska finished #95 in total defense...your twin sister UCF finished #96. That’s a trend... So with your development, training and conditioning should we expect this # to sky rocket to #80 this year? Asking for a friend. Thanks

I realize your offense can score. The Big Ten is not the AAC you wont be able to outscore everyone in the Big Ten.

In 2018 Nebraska finished #95 in total defense...your twin sister UCF finished #96. That’s a trend... So with your development, training and conditioning should we expect this # to sky rocket to #80 this year? Asking for a friend. Thanks

Here is another trend.

Ferentz has won one division title in 8 years. And most Iowa fans feel he’s the best they can do.

That says a lot.

Did stanley play like a 1st round pick last year? LOL. or even 3rd round? no
Did jackson play anything like a 1st rounder? Other than AJE, the answer is the same for all the 2020 guys.

Am I saying he is a perfect coach........nope. Just don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. Oh wait.........nm :)
What you are saying makes no sense. But whatever makes you feel better.

What UCF did on D last year has nothing to do with what Nebraska did this year. Zero. Now if you want to compare what UCF did on D when Frost was there, that would at least be somewhat comparable. Although not a great representation because they have completely different players. Anyways the 2 years Frost was at UCF their D was rank 40th and 51st. With our offense and if we can get a top 30- 50 D at the min, that will be more than enough to smoke Iowa more often than not. Probably take the West most years. Get a BIG10 title here and there. If we can get a top 10-20 D combined with our offense, ball game. We now replace Ohio St as the King in the BIG10.

It seems you don’t understand what a trend is.

Getting your ass kicked on defense is a trend. It’s been a while since your boys tackled anybody with a pulse. I will refrain from inserting Bethune Cookman into this statistical debate.
2018 UCF are our boys? Interesting.

What UCF did on D last year has nothing to do with what Nebraska did this year. Zero. Now if you want to compare what UCF did on D when Frost was there, that would at least be somewhat comparable. Although not a great representation because they have completely different players. Anyways the 2 years Frost was at UCF their D was rank 40th and 51st. With our offense and if we can get a top 30- 50 D at the min, that will be more than enough to smoke Iowa more often than not. Probably take the West most years. Get a BIG10 title here and there. If we can get a top 10-20 D combined with our offense, ball game. We now replace Ohio St as the King in the BIG10.

Back to back 4-8 seasons to replacing OSU .... seems legit. Maybe people will take you seriously if you actually qualify for a bowl game anytime soon, before talking so much garbage. And not the 5 wins you got in last time due to not enough teams qualifying. All the talk about you guys dominating Iowa from here on out is really going to bite you if you lose this year again. Can't wait until Thanksgiving

Back to back 4-8 seasons to replacing OSU .... seems legit. Maybe people will take you seriously if you actually qualify for a bowl game anytime soon, before talking so much garbage. And not the 5 wins you got in last time due to not enough teams qualifying. All the talk about you guys dominating Iowa from here on out is really going to bite you if you lose this year again. Can't wait until Thanksgiving

^^^^Will Really miss Mike Riley^^^^

Mike Riley is gone sunshine. He is the ONLY reason you beat Nebraska. After this year Nebraska won't even give Iowa 2nd thought. We will glance at the schedule, pencil in a W and move on. For the millionth time. BO freaking Pelini owned Iowa. If you guys could have gotten a winning record vs Bo and vs Riley I would say ok Iowa will be a struggle for Neb. If you can't beat Bo there is no way you can consistently beat Frost. Thank Riley for the last 4 years, cherish it , and accept the fact its over. Focus on Iowa St, you should at least still be able to beat them most years going forward.

Mike Riley is gone sunshine. He is the ONLY reason you beat Nebraska. After this year Nebraska won't even give Iowa 2nd thought. We will glance at the schedule, pencil in a W and move on. For the millionth time. BO freaking Pelini owned Iowa. If you guys could have gotten a winning record vs Bo and vs Riley I would say ok Iowa will be a struggle for Neb. If you can't beat Bo there is no way you can consistently beat Frost. Thank Riley for the last 4 years, cherish it , and accept the fact its over. Focus on Iowa St, you should at least still be able to beat them most years going forward.

You make a LOT of claims about how Frost is going to change everything, yet there is no proof of that. So far the only proof he's shown is 4-8. If he becomes as good as you think he will, good for you guys. I'll believe it when i see it though, not really into taking your word for it.

Ironically we heard the same things when Riley took over, and you guys were so happy when you "took" coach Kaz from us, even when we warned you he was a psychopath. It will be interesting to see who is right this time

Football season can't start soon enough, see you on Black Friday

You guys can try to denigrate Iowa all you want. But Iowa State, Colorado, and Kansas State haven’t ever in any era given Nebraska this kind of rub-your-noses in it type of consecutive beatdowns that Iowa has delivered these past few years. This ain’t the Big 12 north. I think you guys need to rethink your respect game. This series is never going to have 30 game win streaks like you were used to in the Big 8.

Iowa is a peer school to you in revenue, fan support, facilities, coaches, etc. Schools like ISU and KSU are 3rd tier nobodies that will be headed downhill again once Oklahoma and Texas decide not to share TV revenue equally anymore as Big 12 revenue continues to slip. It might be easier to deal with the losses if you understand what you are dealing with.

You might want to get moving. The fries are done.

hqdefault.jpg

You make a LOT of claims about how Frost is going to change everything, yet there is no proof of that. So far the only proof he's shown is 4-8. If he becomes as good as you think he will, good for you guys. I'll believe it when i see it though, not really into taking your word for it.

Ironically we heard the same things when Riley took over, and you guys were so happy when you "took" coach Kaz from us, even when we warned you he was a psychopath. It will be interesting to see who is right this time

Football season can't start soon enough, see you on Black Friday
Not sure where you were seeing it, but I and many knew Riley was the Titanic just waiting to hit that iceberg. The guy was an average coach most of his career. I knew nothing was going to change. You are right BF can't come soon enough. Put up or shut up time fore both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT