ADVERTISEMENT

IMG Academy

anderson_dc

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 14, 2002
Swimtown, USA
Anyone taken a look at the senior class at IMG Academy in FL next year? Wow...
glasses.r191677.gif

https://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results;_ylt=AsMIZLxEqppNTHGiyOA82CJfs5B4?sport=football&year=2016&highschool_text=IMG+Academy&highschools=23016&state=Florida

IMG is an interesting school. You aren't going there to get an education. It's purely performance based.

Looking at those rankings. Savion Smith came from Tampa, Henry from California, Nauta from Georgia, Rahshaun Smith from Maryland. It's basically an all star team and will continue to be that way.

This post was edited on 2/25 4:42 PM by Metalfan

Isn't that a prep school? Not surprising. Prep schools are huge in basketball/baseball recruiting, so it makes sense that there would be a few for football as well.

Originally posted by Limeincoke:
Isn't that a prep school? Not surprising. Prep schools are huge in basketball/baseball recruiting, so it makes sense that there would be a few for football as well.
Yea it's basically a prep school. Independent school in FL. Can't play for championships, etc. But that's what it does. Kids from around the country transfer down there for their facilities and training.

Yeah, well if you're going to pay $60,000 per year to major in a sport in High School, it better be WOW.

Originally posted by RedSea:
Yeah, well if you're going to pay $60,000 per year to major in a sport in High School, it better be WOW.
Is that the cost of that place now?

I'm curious what school would even schedule these guys? Unless they have to schedule them, I'd take one look at the caller ID and find something else to do, and fast.

2015 Tuition for a boarding student in football is $68,500, or if you just want the day program, $54,000. Why anyone would spend that much for a high school football program is beyond me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT