ADVERTISEMENT

If we lose to Maryland

this very well could happen. The team hasn’t cashed it in and they are still fighting hard. We all know Scott Frost and this staff is bustling their collective asses off trying to get something figured out. I could definitely see a team with some big time fire coming out of this by week. But Adrain Martinez has got to get something going or two: Frost has got to consider letting McCaffrey roll at QB.
Agree, Frost has tried the, lets stay the course and get him to work through things. If Martinez hasn't worked through things by now he probably is going to at least this year. This team drastically needs to finish strong. Marinez has not proven he can get it done and in many cases has hurt the team more than helped. Not saying McCaffrey or Vedral would do that much better, but it sure can't make things worse.

Agree, Frost has tried the, lets stay the course and get him to work through things. If Martinez hasn't worked through things by now he probably is going to at least this year. This team drastically needs to finish strong. Marinez has not proven he can get it done and in many cases has hurt the team more than helped. Not saying McCaffrey or Vedral would do that much better, but it sure can't make things worse.

I'd at least give McCaffrey a real chance to show why he's better.

I'd at least give McCaffrey a real chance to show why he's better.

me too, I completely agree. Luke McCaffrey is a legit baller. His dad and his brothers all where and so is Luke. The little he might off with his arm, he’d more then make it up with those legs of his. He’s lightening fast.

We will see how bad Frosts wants to fix this vs how bad he wants to be right.

I’m not so sure it’s about being right or not. He recruited both McCaffrey and Martinez. They are both his guys. Both Frost and Coach V both have said McCaffrey has came along faster then any other QB they had. That says something in itself. We all know Frost isn’t stupid, he’s got to see how badly Martinez has been off this year and how good McCaffrey looked his lone game he got a shot. I get it, he wants to save Luke’s RS and as do I, but there has to be something else we can do.

I’m not so sure it’s about being right or not. He recruited both McCaffrey and Martinez. They are both his guys. Both Frost and Coach V both have said McCaffrey has came along faster then any other QB they had. That says something in itself. We all know Frost isn’t stupid, he’s got to see how badly Martinez has been off this year and how good McCaffrey looked his lone game he got a shot. I get it, he wants to save Luke’s RS and as do I, but there has to be something else we can do.
McCaffrey has what 2 games left, after the coaches stupidly burned 1 game with 1 play. I would start him vs Wisc and Iowa. Let Martinez or Vedral play vs Maryland.

McCaffrey has what 2 games left, after the coaches stupidly burned 1 game with 1 play. I would start him vs Wisc and Iowa. Let Martinez or Vedral play vs Maryland.

that’s exactly what I’m thinking or close to it. Or flip one game around. But definitely play McCaffrey against Iowa, we seen what his brother did to them when he played against Iowa ;)

I think we must win at least 1 vs wisc or Iowa at all costs. Everyone needs a least a little bit of morale boost. Even if we lose the other 2 it would help.

that’s kind of where I’m at for the moment. I really feel we will beat Maryland (they are not a very good team and worse then us on defense and their QB is only throwing 49%) and we go 1-1 vs Iowa and Wisconsin (lose one and win one)...I’m hoping for the best here...GBR

EDITED: and if not and we beat Maryland and lose to both Iowa and Wisconsin...maybe we will get lucky enough to still get to a bowl game at 5-7 like that one year with Mike Riley.

Reactions: husker2612
ESPN score predictor has us as underdogs to Maryland :(

Its actually now 50.7 Maryland and 49.3 Huskers. It’s about dead even as you’d normally see for the ESPN indicator. It was 57 Maryland and 43 Huskers. I think the only reason is has Maryland with an ever so slight lead is because it’s played at Maryland. If it’s at Nebraska, I bet you the Huskers would be favored instead.

The 1 play doesn't matter. When else was he going to get meaningful snaps? He didn't even travel to Purdue. Only way he gets any snaps the rest of the year is if AM gets hurt or we're getting blown out.

No way we lose to Maryland coming off a bye week — it’s bad — but this staff isn’t going to lose to Maryland.

I wouldn’t say Justin Jackson has a pulse. He’s not all that good. But you’re right, dude has some legs on him but He’s only throwing for 49% completions this year so far.
We recruited him in Frost's transition class, right?

I honestly believe Fleck would have gotten Nebraska to bowl games years 1 & 2 if he were our coach instead of Frost. At the same time I also believe Frost has a higher ceiling than Fleck.
Fleck got blown out by us last year. He didn't have Minnesota playing good football until about a month ago.

At this point, do we really care that much about a loss to Maryland? We suck, whether or not a win comes out of it. I suppose it keeps the slimmest of hopes alive for a bowl game, but we still suck. We seemingly lack a bunch of talent and what we do have isn’t (reportedly) doing what they need to do to succeed. I’m guessing Frost just rides with these guys for the rest of the year. I’ll be cheering for a win, but we are a bottom BIG team no matter the outcome.

Reactions: SW Lincoln Sker
At this point, do we really care that much about a loss to Maryland? We suck, whether or not a win comes out of it. I suppose it keeps the slimmest of hopes alive for a bowl game, but we still suck. We seemingly lack a bunch of talent and what we do have isn’t (reportedly) doing what they need to do to succeed. I’m guessing Frost just rides with these guys for the rest of the year. I’ll be cheering for a win, but we are a bottom BIG team no matter the outcome.
It’s true the Huskers aren’t where we want them to be but any win is a good thing.

me too, I completely agree. Luke McCaffrey is a legit baller. His dad and his brothers all where and so is Luke. The little he might off with his arm, he’d more then make it up with those legs of his. He’s lightening fast.

Yes he is....almost TMart insane acceleration. Maybe he won't always run for the sidelines which would be terrific. But then, with our inept OLine he very well may get banged up quickly.

Reactions: huskerssalts
They also beat Purdue and Wisconsin while we lost.
OK.... And they gave up 55 points to Illinois. Like I said Fleck struggled at Minnesota for over two years before he had them playing decent football.

OK.... And they gave up 55 points to Illinois. Like I said Fleck struggled at Minnesota for over two years before he had them playing decent football.

I like that.....it gives hope for us. Our OLine has nowhere to go but up. Forget the endless, worthless horizontal passes and instead do whatever it takes to get the big, mean uglies. The more......the better.

If/when we ever get a vicious OLine again we'll be able to go head to head with the big boys like we did with Devaney & TO.

true but maryland is a different level bad. maryland beat rutgers in the other 6 b10 games they have played they have outscored 296- 73
For as bad as Maryland is, I still see this being a close competitive game. On the road and we seem to get in out way almost every time we are about to score. Purdue should have been blown out of the water mid way through the 2nd quarter but our offense is the opponent's best defense at times.

Reactions: studed
Yet Fleck still got Minnesota to a bowl game prior to them playing decent football.

Like I said, I believe Fleck would have had Nebraska bowling in 2018 & definitely in 2019.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
Yet Fleck still got Minnesota to a bowl game prior to them playing decent football.

Like I said, I believe Fleck would have had Nebraska bowling in 2018 & definitely in 2019.

Based on what? He would have had us bowling last year? Even though his team, in year two, were destroyed by us?

Based on what? He would have had us bowling last year? Even though his team, in year two, were destroyed by us?
Why are you so stuck on 1 game? They were destroyed by us in 2018 & yet still made a bowl game while we didn't. The 1 game you're so wrapped up about really doesn't matter.

There's literally no way for either of us to prove this hypothetical so agree to disagree.

Why are you so stuck on 1 game? They were destroyed by us in 2018 & yet still made a bowl game while we didn't. The 1 game you're so wrapped up about really doesn't matter.

There's literally no way for either of us to prove this hypothetical so agree to disagree.

I'm not stuck on one game and I'm not using some hypothetical, you are. I have shown that he took over a program in better shape and still struggled for 2+ years before turning it around. You said that he would have had us bowling last year and this year, with no sane reason to say so. You created this scenario, which makes no sense, not me.

I'm not stuck on one game and I'm not using some hypothetical, you are. I have shown that he took over a program in better shape and still struggled for 2+ years before turning it around. You said that he would have had us bowling last year and this year, with no sane reason to say so. You created this scenario, which makes no sense, not me.
You're giving an opinion on a hypothetical which makes you now a part of it.

My reasoning; Fleck does more with less. We had enough talent to go bowling last year & this year. Doesn't matter if he started in a better situation than Frost.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
You're giving an opinion on a hypothetical which makes you now a part of it.

My reasoning; Fleck does more with less. We had enough talent to go bowling last year & this year. Doesn't matter if he started in a better situation than Frost.
yes, all those NFL draft picks on the roster really drive this point home!

o wait

You don't need a roster full of NFL draft picks to beat Troy or Colorado. Or to not blow a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left against NW.

Troy was last year anyways during year one and we played them when we didn’t have A. Martinez early on. Now I’m tired of hearing about this Troy game like it should be a give me game. They beat LSU and came with in 5-6 points of knocking of Clemson....again that’s CLEMSON...and both of those teams are full of NFL talent and Troy either beat them or came really close to beating them. Its amazing how everyone forgets that just because the name is Troy. It’s not easy to beat those guys, let alone year one of a rebuild with a walk on QB because our starting true freshman QB got purposely hurt by a Colorado douche bag. Now Colorado, I get it...our guys backed off thinking they had the game wrapped up and won and blew it. The players screwed that game up badly and we shouldn’t have lost that game. But stop with the Troy BS. They are no push overs...period.

Last edited:
Troy was last year anyways during year one and we played them when we didn’t have A. Martinez early on. Now I’m tired of hearing about this Troy game like it should be a give me game. They beat LSU and came with in 5-6 points of knocking of Clemson....again that’s CLEMSON...and both of those teams are full of NFL talent and Troy either beat them or came really close to beating them. Its amazing how everyone forgets that just because the name is Troy. It’s not easy to beat those guys, let alone year one of a rebuild with a walk on QB because our starting true freshman QB got purposely hurt by a Colorado douche bag. Now Colorado, I get it...our guys backed off thinking they had the game wrapped up and won and blew it. The players screwed that game up badly and we shouldn’t have lost that game. But stop with the Troy BS. They are no push overs...period.
I can't wait until we're good again so we can stop pretending like it's no surprise when an inferior team beats us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT