ADVERTISEMENT

I usually want to see a close, competitive Super Bowl, but

My dad is a huge Patriots fan and bet my brother on 4 to 1 odds. Hope the Falcons can keep it up!

Love seeing the Pats lose! :)

Yeah letting yourself get pushed out of FG range was unforgiveable. And meanwhile the Falcons' defense has disappeared.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Atl coaching has just much to do with this as
Ryan. This is a once in a life time piss away a game by Atl. Unreal how they have given away this game

Matt Ryan is a professional qb that won the MVP, the coaches have trust in these guys to make the right reads and decisions. This dude has major deer in the headlights.It's quite sad.

Hadn't watched the NFL since last year's Super Bowl, and now I remember why.

Huge comeback by NE. Whether they win or lose, have to give them credit.
Yeah I'll give the Pats credit for an amazing comeback, but I don't understand how a defense can play so well for 3+ quarters and then just completely collapse.

If there is anything good that comes out of this, it will be that they finally get rid of that ridiculous OT rule.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
If there is anything good that comes out of this, it will be that they finally get rid of that ridiculous OT rule.
Yeah-especially in this case since the Falcon's defense was completely gassed the coin toss was all important. A coin toss should not have that much effect on the outcome of a game. Definitely like the college OT rule better.

Yeah-especially in this case since the Falcon's defense was completely gassed the coin toss was all important. A coin toss should not have that much effect on the outcome of a game. Definitely like the college OT rule better.

Exactly! After 17 weeks of football...after 17 weeks of injuries and roster management...the thing that determines the world championship is a coin flip??? GMAB!

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
A lot like the college champ game, one team had way more plays and eventually wore the other team down. They were lucky to have the chance to extend the game but man Brady was flawless down the stretch.

Reactions: bigboxes
Agreed. But i like the NFL OT in 1 aspect, which I wish college would also do.
I like that that they kick off, just like in regulation. Not a fan of placing the ball at the opponents 25?(or whatever it is)

Parella needs to use this for defensive line recruiting right now. Send out a Nebraska Football Super Bowl Tweet ASAP!!! Winking

Brady should have been called for false start on the two point play.
are high-low blocks illegal in the nfl? If so pats got away with a big one on the last drive.
Brady is the greatest of all time. This from a montana fan.
Falcons need their heads examined. If youre gonna throw on that drive, in field goal range, you go max protect.
Great game.

Exactly! After 17 weeks of football...after 17 weeks of injuries and roster management...the thing that determines the world championship is a coin flip??? GMAB!

The coin flip didn't lose the game allowing new England to score 31 in a row is what lost the game. The falcons have no one to blame but themselves for this one.

The coin flip didn't lose the game allowing new England to score 31 in a row is what lost the game. The falcons have no one to blame but themselves for this one.

Wrong! And not just partially wrong, but COMPLETELY wrong!! The final two teams...after a 17 week season...play to a tie...And a coin toss determines the game. It it wasn't so pitiful, it wouldn't be so hilarious. The NFL finally got what they deserved from that rule. And I love it.

Last edited:
Wrong! And not just partially wrong, but COMPLETELY wrong!! The final two teams...after a 17 week season...play to a tie...And a coin toss determines the game. It it wasn't so hilarious, it wouldn't be so pitiful. The NFL finally got what they deserved from that rule. And I love it.
Yeah and Le Kevin Smith is solely to blame for the Texas Tech loss in 2005.

I understand that the sudden death format can be annoying...but I find it a tad bit simple to blame a game on a format. Just as I find it ridiculous to blame a game on an official, a player, or a play. I'm guessing at some point in your life you played football and that is why you are drawn to this board. If that's true, you know football is an ultimate team game, and no single play, call, or particular scenario leads to the ultimate outcome. There can be multiple swings in momentum during a game because one simple play can be overcome. Atlantas play calling (and play making) is what lead to overtime. One more first down on third and 1, or not taking a 10 yard sack, and the outcome could be much much different.

The point of my post isn't to call you in particular out. I just get tired of the idea that one small format (one that has been known in football for years and has never happened in the super bowl) is the reason that someone wants to say a team loses. They didn't lose because of the format. They lost because they made less plays when it mattered. I wanted Atlanta to win too. I love rooting for the underdog. But they found a way to lose, something we as Nebraska fans should be all familiar with over the past decade plus...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT