ADVERTISEMENT

I like Stephan A Smith, but…

I mean, is he wrong? Ichiro, Yao Ming, & others would have been icons when here had they been able to speak better English more for marketability.
To me the debate isn't whether what SAS said was wrong or not (it wasn't), but rather if his words had been said by a white male (possibly even a white female) would that person have been "canceled".

Reactions: baseball31ne
LOL, they're making it a story themselves that isn't even there.
It is what the media and their cohorts do. 75% of "news" is feaux outrage and hysteria promulgated by people with an agenda and who need the drama. Problem is too many people excitinlgy lap that shit up, as if any of it means anything at all.

… how does he get away with dismissive remarks about Orani? People have been fired for less…
not only that but on the same show he pokes fun at Sammy Sosa, me speaka no english in a demeaning tone. How he gets away with it is unbelievable.

Ohtani is an absolute revelation for MLB. I’ll find a way to see him live this year.
Smiths take was oddly timed and seemed like a take just to have a take. Glad he was forced to apologize…..if only just to make him look like an ass. Jeff P. is a fantastic, unbiased baseball mind. Glad he jumped in to take a dump on SaS.

I rode on airport shuttle busses on two occasions with Steven A. before he became famous.

What an arrogant POS he was. He yelled at other people on the bus for speaking too loud as he was trying to speak on his phone. He used foul language demanding quiet and demanded a seated passenger to give him his seat.

Once upon arrival at the car-rental facility he demanded he be served first no matter other people were already in line. His demands were ignored and that didn’t sit well with him.

I’m sure he’s better behaved now that he’s famous. But deep down inside I’m sure he’s the same arrogant person he was then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT