ADVERTISEMENT

I like Stephan A Smith, but…

You mean Ohtani? I dislike Stephen A. Smith. He's got a big mouth. I just mute him or I'd waste time listening to nonsense. Being loud doesn't make you right. It just makes you obnoxious. These guys have to keep people listening/watching so they just keep on talking about whatever inane crap that comes into their head. That's what we have here. He just kept rambling until this comes out of his head. Now, he apologizes and hopes his career isn't over.

He was telling the truth.

People don't give a damn about a dude who cant speak English. They dont relate to that.

Has nothing to do with Stephen A being black.

Hes talking about you who are bringing up Steohen A being black dumbasses.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Stephen A is literally saying respect our culture and yall want to bring up hes black.

Garbage opinions.

Last edited:
i rarely watch these sportstalk opinion shows anymore, but how many fair opinions can anyone really have in regards to anyone or anything?
far be it from a tv personality to just say, ‘no comment’ or ‘who gives a sh1t?’, but the people that watch these shows want to hear something - ridiculous or otherwise.
id probably burn a few along the way, too.
he spoke out of turn and he apologized, so give it a few days…

That dude is a clown. Nothing more. He shows up on ESPN UFC events and obviously has no clue what he is talking about. It is rare he appears on them shows where an actual UFC fighter doing commentary with him doesn't look over at him like they want to punch him in the face. His Ohtani comment was pretty stupid. Many years ago, Sammy Sosa was a much darker shade of foreigner who barely spoke a word of English, and he and very white Mark McGwire were the two most popular players in baseball. Fans love a great story like Ohtani. Steven A. Smith only wants to generate division.

Ummm, what? Do you guys really think this is terrible? What exactly was so awful? Kinda seems like you guys are looking for reasons to be offended. Dont become the snowflake.
I don’t think what he said was terrible at all… I DO think what he said in our newer climate would have gotten some people fired or reassigned

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Yeah hes saying the dude needs to learn English.

No one wants to listen to a interpreter

That's why no one gives a sht about the epic stats hes putting up. You cant relate
Seriously? Because I love the guy....and if THAT'S his take, where has Stephen A been before?

I mean, is he wrong? Ichiro, Yao Ming, & others would have been icons when here had they been able to speak better English more for marketability.

Who cares if they can speak English well or not? Sure, they'd be more marketable in the US, but I'm sure they have plenty of money. Their ability to speak English doesn't diminish their legacies as athletes.

Reactions: HuskerO
Was listening to Lebatard yesterday and he said this is also a product of SAS being stretched so thin. From UFC to NBA finals to USA basketball. Man is paid to have an opinion on everything and it's not always the most informed opinion. This is a result of that. I personally can't stand the faux debate shows but you have to fill the air with something so this is what we get. I completely missed the Rachel Nichols - Maria Taylor news from last week. Next week will be something new.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT