ADVERTISEMENT

I know some don't like the Big 10 but it's our best option, this is why

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
V2-Chart.png

Yes. Some homers on here think we should go back to the Big 12, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
I miss the old Big 8. Not the Big 12. Texas controlled everything and were constantly flirting with other conferences. We were proactive. We were smart. That's why we left for greener pastures. Winning solves everything. Once we start winning again nobody will care what conference we are N. Well, except maybe Kong. Laughing

Last edited:
My hatred for the Big Ten far predates Nebraska being a member. It will endure whether Nebraska stays or goes.

Michigan and Ohio State are in the same conference, and they hate each other. Why can't I despise both?*

*+Penn State, +Wisconsin, +Indiana basketball

My hatred for the Big Ten far predates Nebraska being a member. It will endure whether Nebraska stays or goes.

Michigan and Ohio State are in the same conference, and they hate each other. Why can't I despise both?*

*+Penn State, +Wisconsin, +Indiana basketball
Neither of them equals my hatred for the pompous arrogant Texass Shorthorns. Good riddance. They wreck conferences with their greed and arrogance. SWC, Big 8, Big 12.

"Being in the Big Ten Conference with the recent television rights deal ... to have our new multimedia rights deal, and a commitment to renovate our stadium to make it one of the best places in the country – I think we have a lot of positive momentum and opportunity for someone," Alberts said back in September.

It certainly could help with recruiting too.

"I think anytime you have a facility of that magnitude, I think that's great for the university and it's also great for the program. It helps you with your players because everything's in-house. It also helps you with recruiting, because kids want to see nice things,"

Big10 already has a pecking order. It doesn’t matter how much money is added to that pool, it’s not going to change the pecking order. The Big12 is guaranteed a spot(s) at the playoff table. The B12 will still need to establish a pecking order. A couple of perennial playoff contenders are going to emerge from the B12 and those teams are going to be a considered a powerhouse like Miami and VT were in the Big East before they bounced.

As a pretty impartial observer, from a fan perspective, I see more potential for national relevance out of ISU and KSU than I see from Iowa and Nebraska. I just see more potential of those two making the top 2 in the B12 more often than I see UI and NU making it in the B10. If Nebraska was in the B12 they would probably have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs most years like Oklahoma has. In the B10 I’m guessing Nebraska can realistically be there once every ten years if the program builds solid.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Wonder if those figures are taking OU/Texas and USC/UCLA into account. Dollar signs will likely be going up and up for the Big 10 and SEC as the arms race continues. I'm likely in the minority here but I am somewhat glad we're no longer in the sinking ship known as the Big 12

Wonder if those figures are taking OU/Texas and USC/UCLA into account. Dollar signs will likely be going up and up for the Big 10 and SEC as the arms race continues. I'm likely in the minority here but I am somewhat glad we're no longer in the sinking ship known as the Big 12
I think they are factored in. Look at the big jumps in money for the Big 10 and SEC during those years. Big 12 will be at the bottom of the Power 5 payouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRedTed
I think they are factored in. Look at the big jumps in money for the Big 10 and SEC during those years. Big 12 will be at the bottom of the Power 5 payouts.
You're most likely correct - I didn't look at the numbers as closely as I should. Blame it on the hangover LOL. Big 12 is at the bottom yes but surprised the projections still go up albeit slowly

Reactions: HBK4life
Look at 2029. Big 10 average payout will be 44 million more than the Big 12. Big 10 is prosperous and growing. Big 12 is losing its big dogs and dying. That is all. Just win!! GBR!!
I LOL'd at "Just win"

other conferences boast about trophies/championships, ours boasts about money

very funny post, OP!!

My dislike with Ohio St comes from claiming a national title in 1970 when them and texass both couldn’t get the job done in their respected bowl games and lost to Notre Dame who was ranked #6 and #12 ranked Stanford..

Dislike for Michigan because they think there always better than what they end up being..

Ioway having close friends thinking their football program is the third best in the B1G and boast about winning low tier bowl games..

Reactions: king_kong_
My dislike with Ohio St comes from claiming a national title in 1970 when them and texass both couldn’t get the job done in their respected bowl games and lost to Notre Dame who was ranked #6 and #12 ranked Stanford..

Dislike for Michigan because they think there always better than what they end up being..

Ioway having close friends thinking their football program is the third best in the B1G and boast about winning low tier bowl games..
I have less than zero respect for anyone who doesn't hate the B1G & all its members

these are people who absolutely love liberal wokeness and who spit on all America stands for. people like @HBK4life who drool over suits lining their pockets while covering for serial criminals just because a few crumbs come our way.

if there's something more pathetic I haven't seen it

look in the mirror, OP, and try to level your love for the B1G with your proclaimed political stance. it is impossible.

or just deflect and continue putting words in my mouth like you always do. coward.

I have less than zero respect for anyone who doesn't hate the B1G & all its members

these are people who absolutely love liberal wokeness and who spit on all America stands for. people like @HBK4life who drool over suits lining their pockets while covering for serial criminals just because a few crumbs come our way.

look in the mirror, OP, and try to level your love for the B1G with your proclaimed political stance. it is impossible.
Wow. Now that's funny.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Answer my question about the Big 12.
Nebraska is much more closely aligned culturally to the Big 12

well, maybe not you, Mr Woke Almighty Dollar Worshipper

also - you are really reaching to make up an argument I never started

I have never once said anything about going back to the Big 12. I have always said that I hate the B1G. that's it

or just deflect and continue putting words in my mouth like you always do. coward.
This is why you've been banned multiple times. Hahaha. Pussy

This is why you've been banned multiple times. Hahaha. Pussy
why? because soft wokies like you report my posts for hurting their feelings?

Nebraska Values are much more important to me than money

I am not surprised at all that we stopped winning when we sold our Values for money

you would probably fit in better in michigan, where their governor represents your values and beliefs

• Haha
Nebraska is much more closely aligned culturally to the Big 12

well, maybe not you, Mr Woke Almighty Dollar Worshipper

also - you are really reaching to make up an argument I never started

I have never once said anything about going back to the Big 12. I have always said that I hate the B1G. that's it
Ok. So you hate the Big 10 and Big 12? We supposed to go independent like Notre Dame? Lol

why? because soft wokies like you report my posts for hurting their feelings?

Nebraska Values are much more important to me than money

I am not surprised at all that we stopped winning when we sold our Values for money

you would probably fit in better in michigan, where their governor represents your values and beliefs
I don't report anyone. And if you posted on the open board you would know I'm the furthest thing from a woke douchebag. Nice try though.

Ok. So you hate the Big 10 and Big 12? We supposed to go independent like Notre Dame? Lol
why won't you answer my question about how you level your love of the B1G with your alleged hate of the political left - something synonymous with the B1G in every single way

oh, that's right, it's because you're an inarticulate hypocrite too stupid or ashamed to realize/admit it

why won't you answer my question about how you level your love of the B1G with your alleged hate of the political left - something synonymous with the B1G in every single way

oh, that's right, it's because you're an inarticulate hypocrite too stupid or ashamed to realize/admit it
Jesus Christ. Let's drag politics into an argument about the Big 10 where we double the money of the Big 12. Seek help.

Jesus Christ. Let's drag politics into an argument about the Big 10 where we double the money of the Big 12. Seek help.
Keep avoiding it, hypocrite

It’s what cowards do best & it’s right along the B1G company line

What do you plan to spend your cut of the B1G money on? New rape dungeon? Democratic campaign contributions?

Just keep thinking of your next screen name. I'll be right here.
You’re too much of a coward to ever get banned

It takes a backbone - something you clearly lack

I stand up for what I believe while your beliefs are bought with money you’ll never see

Can’t believe you call yourself a man much less a Nebraska fan. I’m embarrassed for you.

“Just win!!” 😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣

You’re too much of a coward to ever get banned

It takes a backbone - something you clearly lack

I stand up for what I believe while your beliefs are bought with money you’ll never see

Can’t believe you call yourself a man much less a Nebraska fan. I’m embarrassed for you.
Maybe some therapy to start the new year? Just a suggestion. Hahaha.

Maybe some therapy to start the new year? Just a suggestion. Hahaha.
When you are able to level your supposed political beliefs - something you’re not shy about sharing - with your outward support of one of the wokest libtard conferences in the country, I would be interested in hearing about it

It’s willful ignorance, intellectual dishonesty or outright hypocrisy - you pick

When you are able to level your supposed political beliefs - something you’re not shy about sharing - with your outward support of one of the wokest libtard conferences in the country, I would be interested in hearing about it

It’s willful ignorance, intellectual dishonesty or outright hypocrisy - you pick
Make sure to tell your therapist your feelings about the Big 10 and your love for Luke Fickell and Deion Sanders.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT