ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers open up 8 1/2 underdogs on the road against Northwestern

NW is exponentially better than Purdue on Defense. This will be the second best D we've played to date...yes, even better than wisky.

On O they look like they do every year they don't have a good running back. It's death by a thousand cuts - short passes- that act as runs. They still will milk clock.

I agree. Wisconsin just isn't that good on D this year, and we could have exposed them more. The funny thing too with their O is we know they are going to run, but in their pass game Hornibrook is only good over the middle, and most of them go to the TE's, yet none of our coaches can figure this out.

With NW, you hit it on the head. Small plays all over the field, and they will try to use their "superback" to get good match ups. It also seems that they are always able to empty the middle of the field and their QB's run wild on pass plays. Hopefully we can get it right and get one.

Nebraska 27
Northwestern 38

In a game where you guys are down 31-13 at the end of the third and then start thinking you dominated cause you got lots of yards and big points when their D was in “let’s get to dinner cause this one is over” mode. Again

Martinez hobbles off in the 4th and frost gives a meathead warriors speech where he looks like he has less x and o substance than PJ Fleck.

“There’s a lot of warriors on this team and we just made mistakes ... like the slant that Rondale Moore caught where he looks like Reggie Bush at usc or Jonathan Taylor going tony dorsett on our defense. #mistakes”

Well I wasnt expecting to get a rival today...but here we are...
Go away loser back to your red dirt lover board

Getting smack talk from Northwestern fans. Does that team even have a winning record? So I guess we now know one of the two NW fans that actually attend NW games based on how many fans are usually seen in the stands on game day. I think Iowa calls it Kinnick East since they always outnumber their fans. We'll see if this Mildcat fan appears on this board after Nebraska gets their first win of the year on Saturday. That also oughta to keep the Minnesota trolls at bay for next week.

You had no rationale basis for feeling that way about Purdue and even less so against a team that true.. lost Larkin to retirement, but did beat Purdue and lost to Michigan by only three before beating MSU.

So, see.. let me say that again. They lost to a team that looked like the super bowl champs against you by 3, before beating MSU in their place. Only arrogance could lead you people to think this is winnable.

Their defense is far more veteran laden and stout than Purdue with last years big ten sack leader at defensive end. Ozigbo got physical with Purdue.. you think he’s gonna do that against paddy Mullen?

Their QB has more NFL talent than David Blough, by a lot.

So again, unless the 94 huskers find a time machine, it ain’t happening man. But please.. have you meathead coach spout off on Fitzgerald too. I’d really love to see how Northwestern comes out then.

Your backs and Martinez are gonna have a lot harder time with Nate hall and paddy Mullen than Purdue
Yes, the juggernaut of Northwestern.

Maybe we can be as good as Akron for a day, and beat the Alabama of the North.

I like Nebraska in this one. The team is making progress - baby steps, but progress just the same. I’m sure Northwestern wishes Nebraska had a win by now. They don’t want to be the first domino to fall.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Yes, the juggernaut of Northwestern.

Maybe we can be as good as Akron for a day, and beat the Alabama of the North.
They did just beat a ranked Michigan State team on the road. But I wouldn’t even bother responding to that “reality”, he’s obviously just a troll.

Last edited:
and went toe-to-toe with a team that treated us like a sock-puppet

Difference is Harbaugh and Michigan had a big hard on for us with a lot testosterone we don’t share no national title with NW and they play better away from Evanston...

Open the door for what? Your Bethune cookman win won’t count
Another UCF fan bad mouthing Bethune-Cookman. Look, you beat us pretty good when you had Perriman, but that was 2014. Next year we changed our head coach and won the conference, while you went 0-12. You could have scheduled us instead of South Carolina State, but didn't want none of the new improved BCC team. If you want a cupcake try us again, might not be so tasty next time. Frost better coach this team up before he gets frosted by BCC.

Difference is Harbaugh and Michigan had a big hard on for us with a lot testosterone we don’t share no national title with NW and they play better away from Evanston...

46 point difference? I don’t think so. Not an apples to apples comparison exactly, but the two teams were drastically different in their games against the same team

They did just beat a ranked Michigan State team on the road. But I wouldn’t even bother responding to that “reality”, he’s obviously just a troll.
It's true that Akron beat NW. So it won't be a quality win, right. You won't have to worry about the win part. NW will smoke your under coached culture killers.

Getting smack talk from Northwestern fans. Does that team even have a winning record? So I guess we now know one of the two NW fans that actually attend NW games based on how many fans are usually seen in the stands on game day. I think Iowa calls it Kinnick East since they always outnumber their fans. We'll see if this Mildcat fan appears on this board after Nebraska gets their first win of the year on Saturday. That also oughta to keep the Minnesota trolls at bay for next week.
Easy does it. Look at the guys handle, he is not a Northwestern troll.

You had no rationale basis for feeling that way about Purdue and even less so against a team that true.. lost Larkin to retirement, but did beat Purdue and lost to Michigan by only three before beating MSU.

So, see.. let me say that again. They lost to a team that looked like the super bowl champs against you by 3, before beating MSU in their place. Only arrogance could lead you people to think this is winnable.

Their defense is far more veteran laden and stout than Purdue with last years big ten sack leader at defensive end. Ozigbo got physical with Purdue.. you think he’s gonna do that against paddy Mullen?

Their QB has more NFL talent than David Blough, by a lot.

So again, unless the 94 huskers find a time machine, it ain’t happening man. But please.. have you meathead coach spout off on Fitzgerald too. I’d really love to see how Northwestern comes out then.

Your backs and Martinez are gonna have a lot harder time with Nate hall and paddy Mullen than Purdue

Someone's mad.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT