ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers open up 8 1/2 underdogs on the road against Northwestern

You guys might sneak into the championship game I think Wisconsin loses to Michigan and penn st
Iowa has to go to Penn State as well. If we don’t get healthy in the back seven on defense, we lose to Indiana. To stick with the theme of the thread, Iowa favored by 4.5 in Bloomington.

Michigan is a 8 point favorite over Wisconsin..

I feel this is a game we can win even more so than the Purdue game..

Thorson could have a big game and I'm still not sold on the offense's ability to keep us in games. Northwestern by ten sounds about right.

Be careful what you say. Some people get mighty upset about that kind of disrespectful talk.

If Purdue started Blough in the first place they would be 2-0 in the West..they’re better than NW..

I’ll just add we will have as many fans in Evanston as NW fans..

Reactions: CatColumbia
You guys might sneak into the championship game I think Wisconsin loses to Michigan and penn st

tOSU would love this, they would want too put a woodshed beating on them in a neutral environment after last years embarrassing loss in Iowa City..

Thorson could have a big game and I'm still not sold on the offense's ability to keep us in games. Northwestern by ten sounds about right.

If our scoring offense was better I’d feel a bit better here but we’re chewing up some yards and have little to show for it.

You had no rationale basis for feeling that way about Purdue and even less so against a team that true.. lost Larkin to retirement, but did beat Purdue and lost to Michigan by only three before beating MSU.

So, see.. let me say that again. They lost to a team that looked like the super bowl champs against you by 3, before beating MSU in their place. Only arrogance could lead you people to think this is winnable.

Their defense is far more veteran laden and stout than Purdue with last years big ten sack leader at defensive end. Ozigbo got physical with Purdue.. you think he’s gonna do that against paddy Mullen?

Their QB has more NFL talent than David Blough, by a lot.

So again, unless the 94 huskers find a time machine, it ain’t happening man. But please.. have you meathead coach spout off on Fitzgerald too. I’d really love to see how Northwestern comes out then.

Your backs and Martinez are gonna have a lot harder time with Nate hall and paddy Mullen than Purdue

You had no rationale basis for feeling that way about Purdue and even less so against a team that true.. lost Larkin to retirement, but did beat Purdue and lost to Michigan by only three before beating MSU.

So, see.. let me say that again. They lost to a team that looked like the super bowl champs against you by 3, before beating MSU in their place. Only arrogance could lead you people to think this is winnable.

Their defense is far more veteran laden and stout than Purdue with last years big ten sack leader at defensive end. Ozigbo got physical with Purdue.. you think he’s gonna do that against paddy Mullen?

So again, unless the 94 huskers find a time machine, it ain’t happening man. But please.. have you meathead coach spout off on Fitzgerald too. I’d really love to see how Northwestern comes out then.

Your backs and Martinez are gonna have a lot harder time with Nate hall and paddy Mullen than Purdue

Paddy Mullen has got to be one of the worst football names ever.

Nebraska 27
Northwestern 38

In a game where you guys are down 31-13 at the end of the third and then start thinking you dominated cause you got lots of yards and big points when their D was in “let’s get to dinner cause this one is over” mode. Again

Martinez hobbles off in the 4th and frost gives a meathead warriors speech where he looks like he has less x and o substance than PJ Fleck.

“There’s a lot of warriors on this team and we just made mistakes ... like the slant that Rondale Moore caught where he looks like Reggie Bush at usc or Jonathan Taylor going tony dorsett on our defense. #mistakes”

Reactions: sltldowney

Northwestern hasn't committed more than 3 penalties since week 1. That could really magnify Husker penalty issues. I'm impressed how they responded to a tough loss to Mich by beating MSU on the road.

Reactions: scarletred
Since we always have a good amount of fans travel to Evanston, we should rush the field and tear down the goalposts if we win. That would be amazing!
God, could you imagine all of the holding calls the officials would throw on us for holding on to the goalposts and tearing them down.

Reactions: SC_'sker

Your writing style is odd. Why to you randomly capitalize some first names and some last names but not all? Also not sure who Frost has spouted off to, but I won't ask because I don't want to come off as a meathead and get your panties in a bunch. Anyway, thanks for stopping by with the dose of 'reality".

Thornton may have more talent than Blough, but If Blough starts the NW game and plays the whole game Purdue wins that game.

Purdue also has a more difficult offense to defend compared to NW and they are in the top 25 in total offense and NW is in the bottom 35 in total offense..

NW no question has the better defense but you’re not world beaters in this area as well your streath is a very good QB and Fitz has a very discipline football team..

All hinges on how Martinez plays IMO. His inability to handle a blitz is a lot of the reason NU hasn't been able to finish drives. Opposing DCs by now can watch film and go, "Oh ok so when we need an out in a passing situation just heat him up off the edge and he won't know what to do? Got it."

Gotta have more early than just empty yardage and drives that leave you feeling cautiously optimistic about the future but zero points on the board.

If Purdue started Blough in the first place they would be 2-0 in the West..they’re better than NW..

I’ll just add we will have as many fans in Evanston as NW fans..
NW is exponentially better than Purdue on Defense. This will be the second best D we've played to date...yes, even better than wisky.

On O they look like they do every year they don't have a good running back. It's death by a thousand cuts - short passes- that act as runs. They still will milk clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT