ADVERTISEMENT

How dumb do you have to be

Huskers_Rule

All-American
Jul 11, 2001
to leave CC off the olympic team? Seriously every person involved should be let go and new blood found. She would be must watch TV, without her I don't give a damn. I might have caught 10 mins of their games in prior years.

to leave CC off the olympic team? Seriously every person involved should be let go and new blood found. She would be must watch TV, without her I don't give a damn. I might have caught 10 mins of their games in prior years.
I know she couldn’t be in the tryouts because she was in the NCAA women’s basketball tournament, which was really unfair to her..

Clark is going to be a very good player but she's not there yet. She's currently at 67 turnovers in 12 games. To put that in perspective, the most turnovers by one player in a season is 137 in 40 games. If she averaged 'only' 3 turnovers a game the rest of the way and played the remaining 28 games, she'd still shatter the individual turnover record.

I get that she brings eyeballs but she's not one of the 12 best eligible players for USA basketball right now. Glad they were smart and chose 4 players from the Aces since they've won back-to-back WNBA titles.

Clark is going to be a very good player but she's not there yet. She's currently at 67 turnovers in 12 games. To put that in perspective, the most turnovers by one player in a season is 137 in 40 games. If she averaged 'only' 3 turnovers a game the rest of the way and played the remaining 28 games, she'd still shatter the individual turnover record.

I get that she brings eyeballs but she's not one of the 12 best eligible players for USA basketball right now. Glad they were smart and chose 4 players from the Aces since they've won back-to-back WNBA titles.
Do you feel gross for knowing this stuff???

Do you feel gross for knowing this stuff???
C'mon. It's ok to follow the ladies sports.

seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
I’m not sure those selecting the athletes to represent the country give two shits about TV ratings in Olympic competition.

Literally did not know there was a womens olympic basketball team.
Do you not watch the Olympics ? You really should, there isn't much going on during the July sports calendar. Love the Olympics and Paris is a pretty cool city to be hosting. To be fair though one can love the Olympics and not care for women's hoops. People like what they like and it doesn't hurt anyone else one way or the other. I actually find beach volleyball incredibly boring and it's extremely popular.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerj12
I tried to give a shit about some women’s basketball team somewhere or something, but I could only muster up enough conviction to post this proclamation of complete disinterest…

Do you not watch the Olympics ? You really should, there isn't much going on during the July sports calendar. Love the Olympics and Paris is a pretty cool city to be hosting. To be fair though one can love the Olympics and not care for women's hoops. People like what they like and it doesn't hurt anyone else one way or the other. I actually find beach volleyball incredibly boring and it's extremely popular.
I catch some of it there and there.

I've just always really liked the Olympics. 84 were the 1st Games I remember but didn't know the politics around those specific Games. Fir the most part NBC does a good job but it can be monotonous with Swimming and Gymnastics

Reactions: huskerj12
One, she’s getting the Isaiah Thomas treatment. Two, part of the mission statement of the US women’s national team is to grow the game. Three she shown that she is a high-quality player that is learning the game at this level and pick it up rather quickly. For, for the people who don’t like her none of those above points matter. Five, for the people that like her four is ignored. Overall, she’s a good player. Her presence will grow the game, but the Olympic committee did what it did. Hearing people talk about her fans want her to be the star instead and all of those things I don’t think that’s the point they’re arguing they’re arguing that she should be part of it to continue to help. Grow the game. everybody’s got their heels in some literally so for those of you that are going to watch the Olympics for the women’s basketball awesome for those of you that are not awesome

While I cannot stand Isiah Thomas, in 1992 he was an established NBA superstar with two championship rings and a Hall-of-Fame resume. At this point Clark is a very promising but turnover-prone rookie on a last-place team.

Not even close to being like the Isaiah Thomas deal. Not sure how that was even remotely considered similar.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT