ADVERTISEMENT

How Bad Are We?

OAHU-SKER

Walk On
Jun 21, 2018
After watching today I think we can legitimately ask the question is Nebraska the worst FBS team in the country?

And no knock on Mickey, this isn’t his mess.

I can honestly say that I didn’t see one thing that I can praise the team about today. There’s no need for the what was good and what was bad articles come Monday, it was all bad.

Is this a total rebuild?
Do we just throw everything out the window and start completely over?
Did anyone feel it looked as if some of our guys were playing football for the first time in their lives?
Do we win another game this year???

WTF is going on and where do we go from here?

After watching today I think we can legitimately ask the question is Nebraska the worst FBS team in the country?

I can honestly say that I didn’t see one thing that I can praise the team about today. There’s no need for the what was good and what was bad articles come Monday, it was all bad.

Is this a total rebuild?
Did anyone feel it looked as if some of our guys were playing football for the first time in their lives?

Last week didn’t make you ask that question???

Reactions: headcard and kdoogg
Current state of Nebraska Football

futurama-future-stock.gif

Is this a total rebuild?

Step back from the ledge. We have a bye and then Indiana. Chins may be gone by tomorrow also. OU is a good team. We beat Indiana we have hope. We lose then jump.

Anthony Grant, Trey Palmer, Ajay Allen and Gabe Ervin Jr are all guys I really like. I think Thompson's a good player when he has more than a half a second to throw but he was getting lit up today.

Outside of the those guys, I don't think there are any difference makers that are playing on the entire rest of the team. When your offensive line sucks in pass protection, the QB has no chance without a great running game. When they do try to run, the running backs have to make 2 guys miss just to get to the line of scrimmage.

Defense is as bad as any defensive unit in the history of the school. I'd argue it's the worst I've ever seen.

I will forever be disappointed that Nebraska finally got a playmaker like Palmer but the offensive line is so bad that they can't fully take advantage of his skills.

Is this a total rebuild?

Mickey is in an impossible spot and I feel sorry for the guy. He can't wave awand and undue the lack of athletes on the lines and the poor coaching that led to them being overmatched. The defense is just a nightmare and firing Chins just means he's got to figure out who to replace him with 4 games into a lame duck season. Nobody externally or internally would want that job because it's going to look bad for them no matter what.
Mickey is a hero right now because he's trying to hold together what he can knowing he is very unlikely to get the job.

It’s nothing new. Only 4 power 5 teams had worse records since Frost took over. Ginger Jesus really burned it down.

Let's be honest here. We are a terrible football team. Let's take 1 step back and ill make this statement. From the AD to the coaches and to the players... Of Everyone involved in the football program we don't have just 1 elite anything. We haven't even hit rock bottom, but I assure you it's coming.

We are horrible in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Just not talented enough for this level of play, low football IQ and want to. Don’t like to say it but I did.

Have some quality playmakers in the skill positions on Offense and only a couple of playmakers on D. So if rank us somewhere below the 125th best team mark in FBS. Dead last program in the Power 5. We are pathetic due to lack of recruiting and development and being a program that doesn’t win games.

This is not MJs fault but he has his work cut out for him.

I don't see another win. No O or D line and that's where it all begins in this game. Frost should be ashamed of himself for this lack of talent. He was too caught up in the offense. We are a total rebuild in the mold to fit the Big 10.

Is this a total rebuild?

What is so evident about the Huskers after watching this game is how bad the whole defense along with the offensive line are for the Huskers. I was quite aware they were bad but compared to the Sooners they are beyond awful. I think most of our skilled offensive players and maybe the punter would be taken pretty quickly in the transfer portal. The rest would have a hard time getting playing time at Northern Colorado University. Maybe UN Kearney would take them. Our D is just abysmal. The linebackers are so slow. The DBs just grab and hold on every pass play and then look like matadors on run plays. There is never a pass rush. How many Husker players would be among the Top 30 players at OU?

I thought Thompson looked pretty defeated and pissed. How many players are going to run? Did not even think about this until Klatt said Garret Nelson was pretty upset about Frost being fired. It will be interesting to see how many good players leave. Mickey has even a tougher job than what we all originally thought.

Brent was nice to us. OU could have scored 70 plus points, today.

What is so evident about the Huskers after watching this game is how bad the whole defense along with the offensive line are for the Huskers. I was quite aware they were bad but compared to the Sooners they are beyond awful. I think most of our skilled offensive players and maybe the punter would be taken pretty quickly in the transfer portal. The rest would have a hard time getting playing time at Northern Colorado University. Maybe UN Kearney would take them. Our D is just abysmal. The linebackers are so slow. The DBs just grab and hold on every pass play and then look like matadors on run plays. There is never a pass rush. How many Husker players would be among the Top 30 players at OU?

I thought Thompson looked pretty defeated and pissed. How many players are going to run? Did not even think about this until Klatt said Garret Nelson was pretty upset about Frost being fired. It will be interesting to see how many good players leave. Mickey has even a tougher job than what we all originally thought.

Brent was nice to us. OU could have scored 70 plus points, today.
Any player that wants to leave specifically because of Frost being fired SHOULD LEAVE…STAT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT