ADVERTISEMENT

How Bad Are We?

What is so evident about the Huskers after watching this game is how bad the whole defense along with the offensive line are for the Huskers. I was quite aware they were bad but compared to the Sooners they are beyond awful. I think most of our skilled offensive players and maybe the punter would be taken pretty quickly in the transfer portal. The rest would have a hard time getting playing time at Northern Colorado University. Maybe UN Kearney would take them. Our D is just abysmal. The linebackers are so slow. The DBs just grab and hold on every pass play and then look like matadors on run plays. There is never a pass rush. How many Husker players would be among the Top 30 players at OU?

I thought Thompson looked pretty defeated and pissed. How many players are going to run? Did not even think about this until Klatt said Garret Nelson was pretty upset about Frost being fired. It will be interesting to see how many good players leave. Mickey has even a tougher job than what we all originally thought.

Brent was nice to us. OU could have scored 70 plus points, today.
Garrett Nelson was the only player upset Frost got fired. He was so upset he didn't play today....again.

I just got back to Denver and was at the game today. I can honestly say this was the worst Nebraska football team I’ve ever seen. If we hadn’t hit bottom before, today was it. Having said that, I feel like there are much better days ahead (not hard to do)—I see a silver lining. We have a few good players but both lines are really, really bad (actually the worst entire defense I’ve ever seen in Lincoln and I’m not bashing them, it’s just a fact). By the way, OU fans around us were very gracious before, during, and after the game. Miss that rivalry! I will never give up on the Huskers. GBR!

After watching today I think we can legitimately ask the question is Nebraska the worst FBS team in the country?

And no knock on Mickey, this isn’t his mess.

I can honestly say that I didn’t see one thing that I can praise the team about today. There’s no need for the what was good and what was bad articles come Monday, it was all bad.

Is this a total rebuild?
Do we just throw everything out the window and start completely over?
Did anyone feel it looked as if some of our guys were playing football for the first time in their lives?
Do we win another game this year???

WTF is going on and where do we go from here?

Really shouldn't do this. Not in my nature. I've been going to ISU games since 1971. Many many NU beat downs. I never ever everthought I could see such terrible NU teams. Hard to figure out given their support.

I went last year for the first time since Bo was coach, I think, and only because I won tickets and figured my daughter should attend a game. At least last year's team was competitive. This looks like a whole different animal this year. No way I would go.

We're as bad as the results. The results are terrible. On defense you have to stop the run first or you will be run over by every team on the schedule.

Any player that wants to leave specifically because of Frost being fired SHOULD LEAVE…STAT.
It could just be the way it happened only 3 games into a season. Players only get a few years to make a difference at this level and don't want to feel like a whole season is wasted. It's hard to blame them too much for feeling that way. At the same time, we need the team to move on and start practicing and playing hard and getting better every week. But yeah, if there's still players clamoring for Frost by the time of our next game, I couldn't care less if they GTFO.

Chin should have been gone last Sunday. His scheme makes NO sense
How someone thinks you can win w/o stopping the run in the Big Ten is insane. I don't think he has an acceptable plan and Mickey should ice him during the bye week. Problem is Scott didn't leave much coaching talent, have to go with whatever we have in the analyst dept.

How someone thinks you can win w/o stopping the run in the Big Ten is insane. I don't think he has an acceptable plan and Mickey should ice him during the bye week. Problem is Scott didn't leave much coaching talent, have to go with whatever we have in the analyst dept.
Only chance Coach Joseph may have is if he ices or cans Chins immediately. Not sure you can fire Duval in middle of season but if it's possible, it would be one of the other things he should do now.

I think if he did these two things, regardless of how this shakes out, it improves his chances of being a HEAD coach down the road. It also improves his chances of staying at NE as an associate HEAD if a new guy comes in. It will be seen as a positive.

Seen the problem, had the conviction to take action.

Total rebuild. This wreck is a total loss. There isn’t any hope that I can see. Start over and hope that in a few years we have something respectable once again. We are the joke of college football. This is as bad as I’ve ever seen it.

IMHO Nebraska needs to do the following
1. Hire an innovative, intense, no nonsense coach ( Urban Meyer, Dave Aranda, Sean Payton)
2. Recruit nationwide, especially California, Texas, Florida and East Coast. Use NIL.
3. recruit Juco players
4. emphasize strength and conditioning again
5. reboot the walk on program hard
6. players amd coaches held accountable. buy in and work or take the train

After watching today I think we can legitimately ask the question is Nebraska the worst FBS team in the country?

I can honestly say that I didn’t see one thing that I can praise the team about today. There’s no need for the what was good and what was bad articles come Monday, it was all bad.

Is this a total rebuild?
Did anyone feel it looked as if some of our guys were playing football for the first time in their lives?

Sadly I think we're going to stay mired at the bottom of the toilet bowl for the rest of this season. Now they're talking about firing more coaches. Not that they don't deserve it but how can you expect a turnaround during the season with such chaos going on. I've said it before and I'll say it again. MAJOR mistake by Trev not to make the change at the end of last season. What chaos this year.

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
Sadly I think we're going to stay mired at the bottom of the toilet bowl for the rest of this season. Now they're talking about firing more coaches. Not that they don't deserve it but how can you expect a turnaround during the season with such chaos going on. I've said it before and I'll say it again. MAJOR mistake by Trev not to make the change at the end of last season. What chaos this year.
Unless he didn’t feel he had the right guy he wanted to change the direction of the program..

Colorado is the worst P5 team in the country and it may not be close. They lost to Air Force 41-10. At least we had a 1 score loss to GS. GS and AF are pretty comparable and in comparable conferences.

We'd look a hell of a lot better if we'd recruit better athletes on the OL & DL.
Then explain how we played this team 1 year ago, with basically the same talent minus a few players? Were the players who left that really big difference makers to put us at a 5 score loss????

Is this a total rebuild?

Total rebuild. Go after the best, proven HC in the country.....with character. Hopefully keep one coach on for continuity.....MJ might be that guy as he is all about relationships.

Why are so many fans bashing MJ already and wanting him gone immediately too? I am seeing posts popping up everywhere. Ridiculous.

Then explain how we played this team 1 year ago, with basically the same talent minus a few players? Were the players who left that really big difference makers to put us at a 5 score loss????
Because we had older, much more experienced players on D last year that maxed out their physical ability. Our OL has sucked for years. We recruit big, tall guys that can't move laterally. Also, the Sooners look much better this year and are taking on the personality of their head coach.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and 54T
Because we had older, much more experienced players on D last year that maxed out their physical ability. Our OL has sucked for years. We recruit big, tall guys that can't move laterally. Also, the Sooners look much better this year and are taking on the personality of their head coach.
I can’t accept that. To me it’s coaching plain and simple.

Reactions: king_kong_

Is this a total rebuild?

From what I hear from "N" fans. We must be the worst since we play in a terrible conf. and the worst division in football.

You also played Oklahoma with Spencer Rattler at QB. If Williams had already been broken in, then last year's game wouldn't have been as close as it was.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
From what I hear from "N" fans. We must be the worst since we play in a terrible conf. and the worst division in football.
this is accurate

based on every objective metric, we have been the worst team in the worst division in power 5 for the last 2 years

that puts us well into the 90s or 100s (out of 130 teams) in terms of overall rank

lines up with what we see on the field every week

You also played Oklahoma with Spencer Rattler at QB. If Williams had already been broken in, then last year's game wouldn't have been as close as it was.
Mr Mackey Mmkay GIF by South Park

Allen looks like the best back. He is looks much quicker than the other backs.
I'm starting to think this way too. Don't get me wrong, I really like Grant, but the last couple of games have really opened my eyes too. There is something about the way he plays that says he is on another level, possibly even higher level than Grant. And he's just a young guy right now.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Is this a total rebuild?

Nah….Colorado is the worst and it’s not even close.

Reactions: Billy Bear
I'm starting to think this way too. Don't get me wrong, I really like Grant, but the last couple of games have really opened my eyes too. There is something about the way he plays that says he is on another level, possibly even higher level than Grant. And he's just a young guy right now.
AJ is really a smooth cat.

We're as bad as the results. The results are terrible. On defense you have to stop the run first or you will be run over by every team on the schedule.

Yep! You can bet the ranch on that. But if our OLine could actually block somebody it would help a lot.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT