ADVERTISEMENT

Home schooling...

Absolutely! You’re recognizing them wanting to compete, but not sabotaging boys and girls sports. Girls specifically…
Or we can just limit girls basketball to biological females, and all other "genders" can compete on the boys team.
This and only this…
The transgender would never be good enough to compete with real men..

Nature vs. nuture. Weird kids are weirder if they are homeschooled.

Guilting people into attending public school? Yeah right. That's a old homeschool wife's tale that only exists on homeschool blogs.

Good kids from good families who get them out of the house frequently. Sure that will work OK. But it does impact a lot of kids. I know of a top athlete who is homeschooled but emerges from isolation to play club and HS sports. This kid fits in fine, shy and quiet, but this kid nothing like the parents who are out going, extroverts and school educated. Is this difference caused by the fact that this kid hasn't been around kids much? Maybe, maybe not.
Your first point was the most idiotic thing I’ve read all week.. well done.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Don’t know bout that… bigger schools they’re everywhere. Gender confused kids @ smaller schools, if they really wanted to play sports could transfer to a larger program that has that there. Same thing happens all the time with male and female kids wanting better opportunities competing. HCSF attended three high schools in NE showcasing his talents.

I mean school admins everywhere are BENDING OVER BACKWARDS to highlight these kids, to paint this as ‘normal’ behavior and even encourage it… doesn’t seem like much of a stretch that these same administrators could put the same effort into creating a platform for these kids to compete that doesn’t significantly impact boys or girls who actually recognize the (literally) BINARY nature of their respective sexes.

It’s a clown-show otherwise. Always has been, always will be. And it’s gonna get worse until something is done about it.
Here's the thing. I agree that boys should play sports against boys and girls against girls. In fact the vast majority of educators and coaches feel the same way. Where you've gone off the rocker is the notion that every school everywhere is trying to convert boys to girls and girls to boys. Didn't we just have this conversation about your sweeping generalizations. Your initials wouldn't happen to be MTG would they?

Reactions: huskerj12
Here's the thing. I agree that boys should play sports against boys and girls against girls. In fact the vast majority of educators and coaches feel the same way. Where you've gone off the rocker is the notion that every school everywhere is trying to convert boys to girls and girls to boys. Didn't we just have this conversation about your sweeping generalizations. Your initials wouldn't happen to be MTG would they?
Don’t worry.. you’ll all fall in line soon. Educators have the weakest back bones..

Everywhere? I don't know of any in Nebraska. Who? If people want change and put a stop to this then people need to stand up in mass instead of bitch but not be bothered to interupt the game on tv.
I don’t how many are demanding recognition playing sports in Nebraska specifically, but there are apparently 5x the number of gender-confused kids now compared to even 10-15 years ago within LPS. I mean this did not even EXIST when I was JH/HS (LPS). There were kids that came out as gay later, but not this insanity.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I defended using generalizations because they’re ‘generally’ correct. Just not always. The disclaimer of ‘generalization’ was specifically recognizing you, your school. It’s not all. It’s just most.

Don’t know bout that… bigger schools they’re everywhere. Gender confused kids @ smaller schools, if they really wanted to play sports could transfer to a larger program that has that there. Same thing happens all the time with male and female kids wanting better opportunities competing. HCSF attended three high schools in NE showcasing his talents.

I mean school admins everywhere are BENDING OVER BACKWARDS to highlight these kids, to paint this as ‘normal’ behavior and even encourage it… doesn’t seem like much of a stretch that these same administrators could put the same effort into creating a platform for these kids to compete that doesn’t significantly impact boys or girls who actually recognize the (literally) BINARY nature of their respective sexes.

It’s a clown-show otherwise. Always has been, always will be. And it’s gonna get worse until something is done about it.

Most transgender teens are not athletes, in fact nowadays most of them are overweight girls with body dysmorphia, and many are on the autism spectrum. There may be a small handful that enjoy sports, but probably not enough to field their own sports teams.

People are overcomplicating this too much. It's fine if a kid wants to dress like the opposite gender and be called by a different name, but there are certain things where biology still matters, and sports is one of them.

Most transgender teens are not athletes, in fact nowadays most of them are overweight girls with body dysmorphia, and many are on the autism spectrum. There may be a small handful that enjoy sports, but probably not enough to field their own sports teams.

People are overcomplicating this too much. It's fine if a kid wants to dress like the opposite gender and be called by a different name, but there are certain things where biology still matters, and sports is one of them.
100% with the link to body dysmorphia, Spectrum, ADHD (etc…), they’re kids that’ve been lacking in attention, for sure. Parents are to blame here, mostly. Schools are just enabling it.

Doesn’t change the fact this is causing major problems with specifically girls sports. They very simply should ban it state by state. Obviously not all will, and parents so hell-bent on forcing their child into opposite sex sports 100% can do so in a different (blue) state. Again this is NOT a foreign concept, parents changing jurisdictions to facilitate things for their kids.

Entire school districts shouldn’t need to change things upside down and inconvenience 99+% to accommodate their gender confusion, IMHO. Same as pronouns. People shouldn’t be demonized for refusing to embrace a concept having zero basis in basic cellular biology and genetics. It’s beyond stupid. It’s completely nonsensical.

I’ve never seen a group of people act like literal martyrs more than teachers. One thing is for certain, never expect them to take accountability for anything. They are a hive mentality like the media.

Reactions: Tetonia
I’ve never seen a group of people act like literal martyrs more than teachers. One thing is for certain, never expect them to take accountability for anything. They are a hive mentality like the media.
This is a joke but all of it, is 100% true and I have personally gone through it.

My personal opinion.

Elementary (female) teachers are the biggest "martyrs
Then firemen (who basically do nothing 99% of their careers but still demand hero worship)

They need to be fire-able, subject to performance, like any other non-Gubmint entity.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I just got an email yesterday from Lincoln public schools, which told me the god awful news that Standing Bear High School will not be taking juniors and seniors.

This means that my daughter would still have to go all the way to southwest. That is just way too far from my home, standing Bear is basically my backyard.

Anyway, due to this development, I will be homeschooling my daughter instead. Any suggestions for the best way to home school? I'm not trying to do the church thing or any of that.
Oh, I was a homeschooled student for a year due to some health issues, and it was not the best experience for me. I know that sometimes that's the only option, but I still think that it's important for kids to be at school, among other kids. And the same with the university. When you are a student, live, or just study on campus, you get more life-needed skills. And for me, it's just better to be on campus, and I'm more motivated to study. I still face problems from time to time, but thanks to https://edubirdie.com/essay-writers-for-hire I manage to send all writing tasks on time. Sometimes, I lack motivation, and I remember when I was studying at home, I didn't have it at all. So I believe it was just now the best format for me.

Last edited:
Oh, I was a homeschooled student for a year due to some health issues, and it was not the best experience for me. I know that sometimes that's the only option, but I still think that it's important for kids to be at school, among other kids.

Similarly, I was homeschooled for a few months due to a medical incident. I loved it. But everyone has different preferences.

My child is home schooled. He loves it.

He plays on an AAU team for basketball and to be around other kids.

I just got an email yesterday from Lincoln public schools, which told me the god awful news that Standing Bear High School will not be taking juniors and seniors.

This means that my daughter would still have to go all the way to southwest. That is just way too far from my home, standing Bear is basically my backyard.

Anyway, due to this development, I will be homeschooling my daughter instead. Any suggestions for the best way to home school? I'm not trying to do the church thing or any of that.
I applaud your commitment but you’re probably not able to adequately able to teach high school math, chemistry etc. You might check out online options but in my case independent study didn’t work. I needed the teacher cracking a whip,SPORTS and the social aspect to keep me going

Reactions: Jaemekon
Theres different ways to homeschool. If you recluse, it's not healthy. If you're super involved with co-ops and constantly involved with other family's and groups it's amazing. It's really dependent on the homeschool community in your area and what you make of it.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Theres different ways to homeschool. If you recluse, it's not healthy. If you're super involved with co-ops and constantly involved with other family's and groups it's amazing. It's really dependent on the homeschool community in your area and what you make of it.
Homeschooling is ALWAYS a good plan for your kids, if Public Schools are not. And they’re usually NOT. Teach them how to field-dress an animal.

• Love
School choice doesn't mean a binary choice. Charter, private, and specialty schools provide alternatives for students that may not fit in a public school or whose parents don't have the means to home school.

You are going to need a support group (not RSS) to help you through the process. We home schooled and went through many combinations always with a support group. The church (thing) worked best. Both boys are doing great one is a Senior instructor at the Navy Nuclear School and the other is a LTJG on a Navy sub working on the nuclear side. Start looking for groups that are already doing home schooling. Not easy, but very rewarding. May God be with you..

Ehhhh, one year of homeschooling will probably not "ruin". your kids math and science career, for the most part 90% of us never really "use" the math and science we are taught. in our jobs, so I would not worry about it all that much.

I have a semi-retired friend who just got a job with the local school district. He's now fulfilling a long-time dream of driving around neighborhoods and picking up kids in his van - without getting arrested. This has absolutely nothing to do with home schooling, I just felt like sharing - carry on.
This is a very underrated post!

Reactions: aNUstart
whoever put the roundabouts all the way up Yankee Hill needs to be subjected to some sort of medieval Chinese torture method. It's just ridiculous.

Used to live there. Once had a patient who was a traffic engineer for the city (seriously), and I asked him why Lincoln traffic is so legitimately retarded (I can say that word here, because it accurately describes Lincoln, NE traffic patterns without it being derogatory to the mentally challenged)... he basically said that when streets and lights were being designed, the system was Purposefully engineered for gridlock, specifically to keep folks from driving fast. I used to drive around town on gravel as much as possible when we lived there, just to avoid the damned lights. Rush hour anywhere near the center of town there is enough to make ANYONE homicidal.
For us older drivers the roundabout goes against what the drivers manual said your supposed to yield to the driver to your right, I hate them for that reason

Ehhhh, one year of homeschooling will probably not "ruin". your kids math and science career, for the most part 90% of us never really "use" the math and science we are taught. in our jobs, so I would not worry about it all that much.

Good points. My kids already have established relationships and friendships. I don't think having them school from home will suddenly ruin their lives. Especially considering it's only for a couple of years

I also want to maximize this time with them. Before they move out.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Good points. My kids already have established relationships and friendships. I don't think having them school from home will suddenly ruin their lives. Especially considering it's only for a couple of years

LPS isn’t doing your kids any favors. Insert any McDonalds employee and they’re gonna yield similar results.

If you set up good curriculum, you'll love homeschooling. If I were to show you my 9 and 5 year olds homeschooling schedule, you would be envious.

Not to say these little ones have the same type curriculum as your advanced grade kids have, but the model can work at any grade level.

Are you going to have anything that is their "passion" built right into the curriculum? If not, you should consider it Jaemekon.

If you set up good curriculum, you'll love homeschooling. If I were to show you my 9 and 5 year olds homeschooling schedule, you would be envious.

Not to say these little ones have the same type curriculum as your advanced grade kids have, but the model can work at any grade level.

Are you going to have anything that is their "passion" built right into the curriculum? If not, you should consider it Jaemekon.
Let me give you an example of how a child's passion spills over into other areas of curriculum.

My grandson is 9, he loves the keyboard. His best friend is Brian McKnight III, the grandson of the famous music artist Brian McKnight.

I gave my grandson a lesson in English/Reading/Reading Comprehension class and asked that he write a 4 line rhyme that has to do with music.

At the end of the 40 minute class, he comes up with this:

From Marvin to Freddy,
Elton, Axel and Teddy.
Their songs I will sing
as soon as I'm ready.

Not bad for a 9 year old.

Last edited:
Let me give you an example of how a child's passion spills over into other areas of curriculum.

My grandson is 9, he loves the keyboard. His best friend is Brian McKnight III, the grandson of the famous music artist Brian McKnight.

I gave my grandson a lesson in English/Reading/Reading Comprehension class and asked that he write a 4 line rhyme that has to do with music.

At the end of the 40 minute class, he comes up with this:

From Marvin to Freddy,
Elton,
Axel and Teddy.
Their songs I will sing
as soon as I'm ready.

Not bad for a 9 year old.
Sounds like you are pushing an agenda!

I am kidding. But you know some posters here will freak out.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Sounds like you are pushing an agenda!

I am kidding. But you know some posters here will freak out.
They'll get over it.

The only agenda I'm pushing is having my grandsons avoid the slimy institution known as public non-education.

If public education would quit the bullshit classes like Chemistry, Calculus, etc and let kids come to school and learn things that will help them in their lifetime, school wouldn't be such a waste of time.

If a kid enjoys Chemistry, and wants to pursue that, more power to them. Same with Calculus if they want to teach Math or be a college professor.

Hell, a lot of high school grads can't balance a checkbook or make change. (Those that take Calculus can).

Most kids have no use for Chemistry once they leave school.

Public education needs to find out, at an early age, what each child has an aptitude and a desire to learn and then teach them.

Lot of kids want to be auto mechanics, plumbers, construction workers and the like. Noble professions and they can also make a good living doing so. The world needs people that have certain skills.

Requiring bullshit classes that these kids hate is a good way to kill the drive to be who they want to become.

My auto mechanic retired recently after 50 years. Dude could fix anything mechanical. So, what does he do now in his retirement? He tinkers with cars. The guy lived the dream, his dream, and made a damn good living doing it.
(He wasn't worth a shit in Chemistry class though).

These are only my opinions and I'm sure some will disagree. It's all good.

They'll get over it.

The only agenda I'm pushing is having my grandsons avoid the slimy institution known as public non-education.

If public education would quit the bullshit classes like Chemistry, Calculus, etc and let kids come to school and learn things that will help them in their lifetime, school wouldn't be such a waste of time.

If a kid enjoys Chemistry, and wants to pursue that, more power to them. Same with Calculus if they want to teach Math or be a college professor.

Hell, a lot of high school grads can't balance a checkbook or make change. (Those that take Calculus can).

Most kids have no use for Chemistry once they leave school.

Public education needs to find out, at an early age, what each child has an aptitude and a desire to learn and then teach them.

Lot of kids want to be auto mechanics, plumbers, construction workers and the like. Noble professions and they can also make a good living doing so. The world needs people that have certain skills.

Requiring bullshit classes that these kids hate is a good way to kill the drive to be who they want to become.

My auto mechanic retired recently after 50 years. Dude could fix anything mechanical. So, what does he do now in his retirement? He tinkers with cars. The guy lived the dream, his dream, and made a damn good living doing it.
(He wasn't worth a shit in Chemistry class though).

These are only my opinions and I'm sure some will disagree. It's all good.

Public education should offer opportunities but not "find out" what a kid should do, that should be something a kid learns while exploring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT