ADVERTISEMENT

Holy freakin' Hawkeyes!

Proves my point. If a mediocre coach like Ferentz can get occasional 9 win seasons and win once or twice a decade vs. OSU then it shows just how bad Riley is
Maybe the moniker of mediocre should be shed. Top 5 All time in B1G wins(yes longevity). Gonna be in the HOF. Great win for Iowa

Iowa made them quit. We haven’t beaten anyone into submission, sans a div II team, since, well, quite a while. Let alone, a top-ranked team.

We just lost to an unranked Northwestern team.
That NW team did beat Iowa somehow, try to figure that one out.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Fair warning. This is reminiscent of 2008 against Penn St. A young team that beats a top ranked team in Kinnick and wins out. Then went 10-0 in 2009 until Stanzi got hurt. Went to OT in Columbus for the big ten title and won a BCS bowl.

Tough games to go in Madison and Nebraska is playing better so I'm not overly confident there. But, Iowa is gonna be good next year with a half way relaxed schedule compared to this year.

That whole next year bullcrap makes me angry. Why is it always next year with King Midas?!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BC Hawk
Congrats on the win Hawkeye fans!

Thanx. Classy. I apologize for . . .

1200px-Parteiadler_der_Nationalsozialistische_Deutsche_Arbeiterpartei_%281933%E2%80%931945%29.svg.png

^^^^^^^^^^ these type of Hawks infesting your board.
Your program will be back.

That NW team did beat Iowa somehow, try to figure that one out.
They also beat MSU who just knocked off Penn State. It's a crazy game, man. I watched a bit of the Nebraska game when I could and I think Nebraska is getting better to be honest.

Ohio State didn't quit - they had not played anybody after the OU loss. Then they won vs PSU by 1 point with heroics. I thought they out played PSU - but still 1 point game. The media acted like they played SOOOOO awesome. Nah. Let down game on the road and got punked. And yes I could see a game like this causing Urban to retire - he can't handle the stress of more than 1 loss a year.

Proves my point. If a mediocre coach like Ferentz can get occasional 9 win seasons and win once or twice a decade vs. OSU then it shows just how bad Riley is

Mediocre?

Ferentz has been Big 10 Coach of the Year four times.

During his time at Iowa, the Hawkeyes have finished in the final Top 10 in 4 different seasons.

Can Nebraska say anything close to that over the past 19 years?

All players in the last 20 years to have 5+ passing touchdowns and 0 interceptions vs Ohio State: Nate Stanley That's it. That's the list.

Mediocre?

During his time at Iowa, the Hawkeyes have finished in the final Top 10 in 4 different seasons.

Actually 5 times in the top 10. 03-05, 09 and 2015

Yeah, they decided getting into the cfp wasn't worth trying to beat iowa ;).
That's what happened....

Yeah, you're right...after losing to Northwestern, Iowa is 31 points better than Ohio State. Sigh..

Young Hawkeyes grow up in historic rout of Ohio State

A lot of the credit must go to Brian Ferentz .

Brian was brilliant.

He called a fantastic game, unleashing tight ends Noah Fant and T.J. Hockenson (two touchdowns each) and continually keeping Ohio State on its heels. A defense that came into Saturday with an incredible 71 tackles for loss this season registered just three for five yards.

The best thing Iowa did Saturday was continue to attack.

The Hawkeyes led 31-17 at halftime. In past years, they might have tried to nurse their way to the finish line with a two-touchdown lead.

Saturday, they were relentless.

Iowa sophomore Nate Stanley was the better quarterback on this night, his strong right arm firing five touchdowns, with no interceptions. Give credit to his offensive line, which played with two freshman tackles in Alaric Jackson and Tristan Wirfs against one of the nation's best defensive lines.

Young Hawkeyes grow up in historic rout of Ohio State

A lot of the credit must go to Brian Ferentz .

Brian was brilliant.

He called a fantastic game, unleashing tight ends Noah Fant and T.J. Hockenson (two touchdowns each) and continually keeping Ohio State on its heels. A defense that came into Saturday with an incredible 71 tackles for loss this season registered just three for five yards.

The best thing Iowa did Saturday was continue to attack.

The Hawkeyes led 31-17 at halftime. In past years, they might have tried to nurse their way to the finish line with a two-touchdown lead.

Saturday, they were relentless.

Iowa sophomore Nate Stanley was the better quarterback on this night, his strong right arm firing five touchdowns, with no interceptions. Give credit to his offensive line, which played with two freshman tackles in Alaric Jackson and Tristan Wirfs against one of the nation's best defensive lines.

So now we're posting articles on other team's boards? What are you, 10 years old?

Reactions: SOHusker11
Wow I hope they run it up on Urban. Please go for 60 points, Ferentz.
A Buckeyes team that had put up 50 or more points on four opponents, 49 points on another and were averaging a nation-leading 46.2 points per game managed just 24 points and 371 yards of total offense.

A Buckeyes team that had given up 302.5 yards and 18.2 points per game on defense saw the Hawkeyes put up 487 yards and 55 points — the most in the history of the series, and 20 more than Iowa had ever scored against Ohio State.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Limit your mistakes, take advantage of the other teams mistakes. That can win you football games.

Nice game for Iowa.

Reactions: Arbitr8
Thanks guys. I thought you had the kitties. I hate Pat. I will say Brian F seems to be getting us into a higher gear and a different level of offense. The best part was there were ALOT of solid recruits at the game. PLEASE piss pound MN. PJ Flake needs all the butt whoopings he can get.

Through the years Coach Ferentz has done a great job of doing more with less than any coach I can think of, he knows he can’t recruit toe to toe with the elite programs, it’s easy to pass him off as an “ok” coach, I think he is one of the better coaches around. Iowa is not or won’t be OSU or Alabama, geography, population and demographics make that a reality. It’s no coincidence to me that Nick Saban was a good not great coach at MSU, he became a great coach when he moved to some of the best recruiting territory in the country at LSU and Alabama.
I really like that the Hawks really invest in their players and their development, seems to me that at places like OSU, Alabama, etc, they don’t have to invest as fully, they just recruit more 4 and 5 star talent.

You do know the thread was about the beatdown Iowa put on Ohio State don't you?

I don't give a crap what the thread is about. Articles about Iowa belong on the Iowa board. This board isn't your Sunday newspaper.

Mediocre?

Since you just want to go back 19 years, NU has had 3 top 10 finishes in that time. If you want to add 5 years more to that add 4 more plus 3 NC's.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT