ADVERTISEMENT

Holy freakin' Hawkeyes!

Iowa fans are just like Nebraska fans...minus the trophies. I used to go to Iowa City monthly for my job, and it's a nice little berg. The music scene isn't overwhelmingly great, but it's an OK place. Des Moines, on the other hand, is like an oversized outlet mall. Nothing much of value, but there's a lot of it.

I REALLY like the new tradition of saying "hello" to the peds cancer patients. Has very quickly become the best tradition in college football.

BTW, I just noticed...That's Max Fischer!! One of my favorite movies of all time.

Hey! Iowa did do you a favor last weekend. I know you guys won't believe this...Nebraska DOES have a punter on their roster. You're welcome.

Very disappointed in the happenings there almost but not quite as bad as the old market area.

Open your eyes!! Lincoln is 4 times the size of Iowa City. Omaha is probably 13 or 14 times the size of Iowa City. With more population comes more crime. It's been proven over and over.

Yes, but this isn't the B12 or Big8 anymore. You're not Ohio State, you don't have the money or influence advantages you once had anymore. Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa are all money makers in the top 20. Everyone of us are bigger schools, with bigger Alumni, etc, etc. We all have actual good other sports programs also. I mean, you just need to wake up and realize you don't have the advantages you used to have. You don't play Iowa State yearly now, you play us. We're a different beast, as you may have now realized.

Money is more abundant now than it ever was. This is about coaching...period. If we were to bring in the quality of coaching staff we had in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, we would win the West nearly every year, and would win a large share of B1G Championships. This isn't rocket science. Good coaching + good recruiting = wins.

BTW, Iowa State was the worst team in the North, and aren't they something like 10-9 against Iowa since Ferentz took over? And that's with multiple coaches.

Money is more abundant now than it ever was. This is about coaching...period. If we were to bring in the quality of coaching staff we had in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, we would win the West nearly every year, and would win a large share of B1G Championships. This isn't rocket science. Good coaching + good recruiting = wins.

BTW, Iowa State was the worst team in the North, and aren't they something like 10-9 against Iowa since Ferentz took over? And that's with multiple coaches.
They are, see they're also a bigger school than you. They're quietly growing their program, because we live in a state big enough to handle two of us. You only have to compete with yourself, which makes your fall from grace strange.

I do recall them giving you some losses during the final years in the B12, and almost always giving you a tough game. Face it, you're with the B1G boys now. History has shown you can't hang with us just yet.

False

Reactions: BucksDominate

I noticed you didn't provide the record. Did it have anything to do with the fact that it was 9-10 and not 10-9? Boy you really got me there. One win off. Yes, 9-10 is dramatically worse than 10-9. :Cool:

Wrestling and baseball are revenue sports??LOL! Good lord, you're poorly informed.

Our AD made a bad hire. When we get rid of Riley and get a good coach in here, which we will, then we'll own you in football again and things will be back to normal. We'll have the edge in football and you'll have the edge in basketball. Just like it's always been.

Your first problem is thinking you are going to get a coach with a pulse to take that job. , Anyone with half a brain wont touch that Fusker job, knowing full well you will most likely get fired for winning 9 games. Talk about career suicide. I know you guys like to stand on your history and tell you what I've got an old Atari you can have if you want it. 18-19 year olds don't care about your past. They live in the present and presently you're being lapped by most of the B1G. I know its hard for you to accept but the rest of the college world has passed you up, including your neighbors in IC. Funny thing is we are what we are. Mediocre. Up and down. But its miles ahead of where you are. Whats that tell you??
But you go ahead and keep believing you are on the comeback trail.....

Your first problem is thinking you are going to get a coach with a pulse to take that job. , Anyone with half a brain wont touch that Fusker job, knowing full well you will most likely get fired for winning 9 games. Talk about career suicide. I know you guys like to stand on your history and tell you what I've got an old Atari you can have if you want it. 18-19 year olds don't care about your past. They live in the present and presently you're being lapped by most of the B1G. I know its hard for you to accept but the rest of the college world has passed you up, including your neighbors in IC. Funny thing is we are what we are. Mediocre. Up and down. But its miles ahead of where you are. Whats that tell you??
But you go ahead and keep believing you are on the comeback trail.....
Jimmies....... Rustled?

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!

I noticed you didn't provide the record. Did it have anything to do with the fact that it was 9-10 and not 10-9? Boy you really got me there. One win off. Yes, 9-10 is dramatically worse than 10-9. :Cool:
No, I just figured I would let a genius like yourself figure it out.

Iowa fans need to stop propagating this thread. If you want to enjoy Husker misery there are a dozen other dumpster fire threads that need no help in fueling. Just sit back and watch. No need to kick while they’re down.

Reactions: VodkaSam
No, I just figured I would let a genius like yourself figure it out.

So...Ferentz is 10-9 vs Iowa State during his Iowa tenure? Just wanted to post that for you to see (snicker snicker).

ADVERTISEMENT