ADVERTISEMENT

Hello fellow B1G friends,..think you can beat us this year?

Even in your fantasy Nebraksa isn't as good as Wisconsin.

I think since the 2 new coaches have taken over their respective teams, I would say that Nebraska and Wisconsin have been about as equal as they could possibly be. Last 2nd FG wins it in Lincoln 2 years ago, and we went into OT last year at Camp Randall.

I would hope that now that Riley has a QB that he views as a much better fit for his system, that we start seeing the results in beating them this season. We had better beat them at home this year or there are going to be a lot of pissed people.

I think since the 2 new coaches have taken over their respective teams, I would say that Nebraska and Wisconsin have been about as equal as they could possibly be. Last 2nd FG wins it in Lincoln 2 years ago, and we went into OT last year at Camp Randall.

I would hope that now that Riley has a QB that he views as a much better fit for his system, that we start seeing the results in beating them this season. We had better beat them at home this year or there are going to be a lot of pissed people.

Hate to say it but Riley better not lose both games against Wisconsin and Iowa this year for Eichorst sake.

Hate to say it but Riley better not lose both games against Wisconsin and Iowa this year for Eichorst sake.
Yes, MR and Eichorst have very little margin of error moving forward after the disaster that was 2015 and the blowouts against a good tOSU and Tenn in addition to the embarrassing loss to an Iowa team that was horrid on offense most of 2016.

Huskers need to get over the hump against Wisconsin and get back to the business of owning Iowa circa 2011 and 2012. Iowa had the stars aligned in 2015 and couldn't take advantage that happens for Iowa about once every thirty years.

Yes, MR and Eichorst have very little margin of error moving forward after the disaster that was 2015 and the blowouts against a good tOSU and Tenn in addition to the embarrassing loss to an Iowa team that was horrid on offense most of 2016.

Huskers need to get over the hump against Wisconsin and get back to the business of owning Iowa circa 2011 and 2012. Iowa had the stars aligned in 2015 and couldn't take advantage that happens for Iowa about once every thirty years.

Objectivity isn't a strength of yours.

Iowa has been in the national conversation at least 3 times since 2000, and in the T10 5 times since 2000. Nebraska has been in the national conversation 2 times since 2000, and I believe in the T10 2 times since 2000.

My post isn't intended to be critical towards Nebraska, or it's long history, but it is firmly directed towards your post's lack of connection with reality.

Nebraska and Iowa really haven't played any meaningful games when both programs have been elite. It would be great if at some point in the future this would change.

Iowa has been in the national conversation at least 3 times since 2000, and in the T10 5 times since 2000. Nebraska has been in the national conversation 2 times since 2000, and I believe in the T10 2 times since 2000.

My post isn't intended to be critical towards Nebraska, or it's long history, but it is firmly directed towards your post's lack of connection with reality.

Nebraska and Iowa really haven't played any meaningful games when both programs have been elite. It would be great if at some point in the future this would change.
Anyway, my post was objective and noted my opinion of the huskers short comings as of late.
Iowa has never been elite for any stretch of time. Iowa has an occasional good season and has taken advantage of coaching changes at Nebraska and Wisconsin. I respect the Iowa game, but cannot stand the vast majority of Iowa fans.
You took offense to my opinion that Nebraska owns Iowa in football and the facts are on my side, i.e the overall record.
Don't like my opinion, don't read it and kindly move along.

Hello TigerHawkLogo. Looks like you came in peace, but if you didn't pick up on it, some of your fellow fans have only come here and successfully been banned.

Defense - I would expect you to know about Diaco and our switch to a 3-4. Of course we should expect some growing pains, and hope that any bugs are worked out before OhSU. I don't know what kind of quality depth we have on the DLine. Our ILB's should be pretty good. The OLB's are still a question mark. We lost arguably our top rated player, DB Chris Jones, to injury. But we have some experienced DB's returning and some young talent, so I still see us in good shape in the backfield.

Offense - Our OC wants an inside running game and an equal dose of high probability passes. Tanner Lee, a transfer from Tulane, has already been named the QB. There's a lot of hype surrounding TLee but lackluster stats from his Tulane days. We will be seeing new TE's this year. The last I heard was walk-on TE's for our two-deep, but that could be old/wrong news. Quite a few young guys will have a chance to show their stuff at WR. Stanley Morgan and Pierson-El are returning producers at WR. RB is a question mark for us at this point. We want an all-purpose back that is also capable of running inside. My guess will be more running back by committee this year. If pressed to pick one, I would pick Tre Bryant as the RB that emerges as the go to guy. Our OL should be better than last year. Our OL coach claims players can get better on the scout team, so there's no reason to list starts or appearances. Which ever 5 OLineman the OL coach picks will be the guys until they are so injured that we either play with 10, or are forced to play a replacement OLineman.

Special teams - probably the area with the highest level of consistency in the Mike Riley era. Unfortunately, consistently bad. We jettisoned our special teams coordinator (yes, coordinator), so I'm expecting some improvement this year. Pierson-El was a freshman all american his first year as a returner, but he has racked up a couple injuries since then. We all hope he returns to form this year.

NU vs Iowa - too many question marks for me still, and since it's the last game of the regular season, I don't have a prediction for ya.

Percy are you guys going to make rings again for your team going 10-0 again.. 11-0 12-0??? Honestly never heard of a team that makes up rings for having such mediocre accomplishments.. I mean a 2 game losing streak to finish that season and gets absolutely hammered by a mediocre Stanford team is beyond me.I ask cause I just don't see the university filling up that trophy room with anything else.. in reality you tout your team but have in fact played for just as many big championships in football as the huskers have in the short time that we have joined... my guess and bet is that we both see NU in more championship games in football than ia......now take your big mouth back home. Your like the rest of iowa fans I know... just shut it

Reactions: SOHusker11
There might be valid reasons for any or all of that - Tulane things - but "very good plus a good back up" is waaay out over the front of skis at this point.[/QUOTE said:
I've heard that's the way you win - at least in ski jumps.

WTF does "national consideration" even mean? Sounds pretty subjective to me. You're using that phrase to lump teams that looked like contenders at some point with teams that actually WERE contenders at season's end as well.

Why is this even a thread? Iowa has not and will never be relevant. You can tell the little brother mentality when they care so much about beating us. I could give two shits about beating Iowa, winning our matchup is a minimal accomplishment for a team that's never won anything. I guess when you've never won anything of relevance beating a mediocre Nebraska team with an immobile qb is an accomplishment. Or almost winning a big ten title and being boatraced by Stanford is worth bragging about. I don't care about Iowa, I don't care about beating Iowa. I care about winning titles and Iowa has inarguably been closer as of late. But we've both won the same amount of titles that matter since we joined the conference so I will continue to not care about Iowa.

OK, a different approach here. Nebraska is seeking to gain the glory of days gone by and has a long ways to go in my opinion. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it appears brighter to those looking through the red lenses.

Make no mistake, Husker fans would love nothing more than to beat you each and every year and not just win but win big. The reality is we have not done that and it getting under our skin.

Iowa is well coached and seems to get the most out of their teams. Consistency seems to be there and a physical type of play with few mistakes are your hallmark which were formerly ours.

We come into the year with a ton of question marks. I shake my head when I read comments that do comparisons and at almost every position we are going to be better. The reality is we have unproven talent all around at LB's, QB and WR and on top of that a totally new D with new several new coaches. We hail them as great recruiters with high intensity but the reality is we do not know what we will get for a finished product just yet. Time will tell us as the product shows up on the field. Tanner Lee is the darling of the Husker fans right now. He has all of the tools from a visual perspective but has yet to get it done on the field. I am not ready to crown him the savior of the program but it should be a major change to have someone with his skill set back there for a change. It could be that we get off to a very quick start until teams get a better read on Lee and exploit his/teams weaknesses. We long for a pounding running game and it may be time for that to show up this year which has the potential of happening.

Too early to predict the Iowa outcome at this time, our team has so many question marks, the national services are not even certain what to make of things. The reality is, and I will speak for myself, we don't know exactly what we have yet in all areas of coaching and players although the consensus is we have upgraded - but have we upgraded enough, can we avoid major injuries and those inevitable let down games. We already have lost a major cog in the D with the loss of our best D back so we have some work to do there.

Given all of this I would say "I" expect a close game between the two antagonists come November and it would be nice to have something to play for besides the right to brag about the glory days gone by and who has the best trophy case.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

when was iowa considered "elite" ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT