ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question for the "B1G refs are rigging games against us" folks...

I don’t believe the B1G refs are bias against NU. But what I will say with confidence is they protect Bilema like I’ve never seen. When he was at Wiscy they rarely got a holding call…and they ran 80% of the time. I was actually speaking with an Iowa fan about it and they said they’ve been noticing it for years. It’s been very similar since he’s been back at Illinois. They were replays where our guys were flat out being held, and no flags being thrown. This is making me wanna go and check and see how many penalties were called on him at Arkansas.
His stripper wife must be handing out lap dances in the officials room

One obvious thing to me was that they weren't going to throw a flag for O line holding in OT. Our O line should have been tackling guys on our OT possession. I said right away we needed to run the ball on first down to try to keep them honest and we either called a pass as the primary play or audibled in to it. I think Illinois's DC abused Raiola and their stalling techniques when we subbed left him with less than 5 seconds prior to the snap to look at their defense and try to audible the whole game. I kept saying on our last regulation drive to "leave the damned personnel the same and run a play". The constant subbing played right in to their hands.

they need to do something about the let's take 25 seconds to sub bullshit. You should get 10 seconds to get your fat ass off the field.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don’t believe the B1G refs are bias against NU. But what I will say with confidence is they protect Bilema like I’ve never seen. When he was at Wiscy they rarely got a holding call…and they ran 80% of the time. I was actually speaking with an Iowa fan about it and they said they’ve been noticing it for years. It’s been very similar since he’s been back at Illinois. They were replays where our guys were flat out being held, and no flags being thrown. This is making me wanna go and check and see how many penalties were called on him at Arkansas.

I don't see how anyone can say that they aren't biased against us. Remember when our opponents weren't called for a hold in conference games for almost three years? Perfectly normal and fine.

Side note: with the technology available today there should never be a missed or wrong call. It can be as simple as an official watching the same damn feed the TV audience is. That would fix 90% of it. What a joke this sport is.

Reactions: king_kong_
Side note: with the technology available today there should never be a missed or wrong call. It can be as simple as an official watching the same damn feed the TV audience is. That would fix 90% of it. What a joke this sport is.
NFL instituted this this year and the officiating has been much better so far

Still there are misses, but by and large they’re getting it right

Reactions: 8990
I don't want to be labelled as racist or sexist but she missed some calls.
She was throwing flag on about every fourth play in the first half. Somebody had a talk with her at halftime because I don't think it ever left her pants in the second half. It had to be her first game. That PI she called was AWFUL.

Reactions: headcard
This is probably the way. Coaches can’t even talk about bad officiating without being fined, and schools can only send in a tape. The more fans put them on blast for blatant no-calls like these, the more pressure to get rid of incompetent refs.

Counterpoint: didn’t help get rid of Angel Hernandez any faster, but still…

Hopefully. The USC fans aren't used to, and apparently, they don't think they just deserve it, (unlike some of our fans) so they are still pissed.

46 rush attempts without a hold does sound bad, but nothing like the 21 games we went.

Does anyone have a email address to the big ten conference head of the officials? It’s time we start sending emails, yes I know it won’t do any good but several thousand emails can’t hurt. Be polite no cussing. I already emailed fox sports about their terrible announcers, I highly Doubt if I get a reply but they know I wasn’t pleased
That's a problem with more games being televised. Less A team people available

She was throwing flag on about every fourth play in the first half. Somebody had a talk with her at halftime because I don't think it ever left her pants in the second half. It had to be her first game. That PI she called was AWFUL.
One flag in the first half she did show she has a pretty good arm cause that thing came from far away. I think 2 of hers got overruled in their conference on the field

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT