ADVERTISEMENT

Gone - Frost fired

Hated to see this happen.
He was one of your own.
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Hopefully better things. It really can’t get much worse????right????
It really can’t get much worse. This season has started badly and more losses are likely to come.

Hopefully the weight of all this is off the players and they play loose and maybe win some games. If I were a player on the team I’d make it fun and go out and try to ruin the season of every team I play.

Humm. Maybe Trev takes the spot of the extra coach now needed and hits the road recruiting. Or....I wonder if Trev knows defense...lol

Making the move at this point is about saving the brand and the passion of our fan base, which are much more valuable than $7.5M.

The level of apathy from our fan base for these next two home games would have been a huge embarrassment with Frost here.

Also, by keeping Frost here for the next two games, you are essentially telling the players that $7.5M is worth more than their season is. How can you expect those kids to continue to play hard?

Alberts just sent a strong message that Nebraska values competitive excellence over $7.5M. Great move imo

You think our shitty team and their shitty level of play is going to improve, like flipping a switch?

Making the move at this point is about saving the brand and the passion of our fan base, which are much more valuable than $7.5M.

The level of apathy from our fan base for these next two home games would have been a huge embarrassment with Frost here.

Also, by keeping Frost here for the next two games, you are essentially telling the players that $7.5M is worth more than their season is. How can you expect those kids to continue to play hard?

Alberts just sent a strong message that Nebraska values competitive excellence over $7.5M. Great move imo
Lol we heard all off-season about how important the $7.5 million was, and the narrative flips just like that huh? Trev is a complete ****ing idiot for keeping Frost around another year knowing this would be the inevitable outcome.

Get Chinander out of the building too
Kind of off the subject but who was the guy standing next to Frost last night in the second half? A Nebraska friend who lives in Denver asked me. He thought it was Chins, but I know it was not him. Was it another assistant coach? He was a young guy. He seemed like the only guy Scott was talking to.

You think our shitty team and their shitty level of play is going to improve, like flipping a switch?
Half of the losses the past 4 years could have been wins with just basic game management (not good, just not idiotic), attention to detail (like having your team not make 3 mistakes in the first 7 seconds of the game like last night), and instilling belief/putting your players in a position to succeed. I don’t expect a miracle, but it will be interesting to see what the team does mentally without the ‘Frost piano’ on their backs…

I also truly believe we should be the odds-on favorite to win the B1G West right now

the rest of the teams in this division suck just as bad as we do & they have worse players
NE should worry about just winning another game this year, not the West. The white flag is officially waving in Lincoln.

Kind of off the subject but who was the guy standing next to Frost last night in the second half? A Nebraska friend who lives in Denver asked me. He thought it was Chins, but I know it was not him. Was it another assistant coach? He was a young guy. He seemed like the only guy Scott was talking to.
Yeah I noticed that too. Didn't seem like a very pleasant interaction, but I have no idea who he is.

I didn’t say we would flip a switch, I’m expecting 3 wins total this year.

Just play out these next 3 weeks with Frost here. 2 guaranteed losses and the certainty of firing the head coach. That would have been toxic for head coach, players, fans, etc.

By doing it now, there will be a renewed vigor and interest in the program, starting at 3 pm. Does that mean we are going bowling? No, very likely we will not. But, Trev is giving us a chance to salvage the season by doing this and I commend him for it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT