ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost speaks!

Article just keeps repeating that Frost wants to coach again and he still thinks he is a good coach. Never says anything about what he learned from his mistakes. He still sounds as clueless as before.

I can’t imagine trying to hire him and asking him about what he learned from his time at Nebraska and that it’s he missed coaching and doesn’t say anything he did wrong.

I read it. Thanks OP for sharing it but it's pretty meh. Nebraska comes off as the bad guy in it imo is what writer insinuates.
Eh, I didn't take it that way. I took it as sort of pointing out the dysfunctionality within NU's administration. I don't think anyone would dispute that.

In hindsight, I agree. He should have never left UCF.

Reactions: huskers360
It isn't what I'd call a "hard hitting" article. More like a brief history lesson. And I don't think it was negative toward Nebraska. The article notes his record at Nebraska, which tells anyone who follows football all he needs to know.

Too bad for SF that Saban has retired -- the GOAT could have whipped him back into coaching shape. With some time and reflection, SF may be able to do it himself.

• Haha
Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I don't think Frost has hit bottom yet. I agree with the others that his quotes generally come off as arrogant and selfish.. his appeal that he would take the job, as if he were owed it or doing someone a favor show a real inability to clearly see the situation that he is in. Nobody is going to hire him with that attitude and outlook. It is quite clear he hasn't done any of the work necessary to rebuild himself during this 'down time'.

Good article, bottom line he failed to be the savior which 95% of us were all in on this hire from the start.

Surprising he has now 3 children. Of course what else does he have better to do.

Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF

How I imagine the interview going.

It’s not? Does it not have a college
In it ? And he said it was the best in Florida. So it would have to beat Miami or Tallahassee.

No, it's not. Do you call Los Angeles a college town because it has USC and UCLA?

A college town is one whose economy is dependent on the college. Orlando is a major city that is dominated by tourism/amusement parks. If UCF disappeared, Orlando wouldn't change at all.

No, it's not. Do you call Los Angeles a college town because it has USC and UCLA?

A college town is one whose economy is dependent on the college. Orlando is a major city that is dominated by tourism/amusement parks. If UCF disappeared, Orlando wouldn't change at all.
Correct. Gainesville is a college town. Miami, Orlando and Tampa are not.

I agree totally...with one caveat. Some college towns as you describe are also the state capitols. So in those towns (Lincoln, Ames, Madison, etc.) state government is also a big part of the economy.

I agree totally...with one caveat. Some college towns as you describe are also the state capitols. So in those towns (Lincoln, Ames, Madison, etc.) state government is also a big part of the economy.

Ames isn't the capital of Iowa, Des Moines is. Ames is definitely a college town, college students make up over half of the population of the town. ISU employees probably make up another 20% of the population.

Why he still thinks of himself as a good coach I can’t fathom. We literally paid him $15mm to NOT coach and go away he was so bad.

Don’t feel sorry for him, especially if the frat house rumors in the football offices are true. Don’t wish ill on him but literally have no interest. Stay away

Reactions: TX Huskr

If you read the whole article I think what he meant was Orlando is a great town to have a college in. And it’s true. If you were a kid and had a choice between Lincoln or Ames and Orlando where would you go?

I don't think Frost has hit bottom yet. I agree with the others that his quotes generally come off as arrogant and selfish.. his appeal that he would take the job, as if he were owed it or doing someone a favor show a real inability to clearly see the situation that he is in. Nobody is going to hire him with that attitude and outlook. It is quite clear he hasn't done any of the work necessary to rebuild himself during this 'down time'.
What is sad is he truely thinks he did all he could to be a great coach at Nebraska. He really thinks that. He did more for UFC in his last year than he did for all of his time coaching at Nebraska. This is what pisses me off.

At some point, he has to admit he truely didn't do enough at Nebraska to be successful here.

Scott Frost needs to smell himself, because that's what the **** is wrong with him.

Frost can go pound sand, I agree with kong he should be booed especially when he’s back in Nebraska for the simple reason he didn’t take the Nebraska job serious and eventually pissed it down his leg

Reactions: leodisflowers

Orlando isn’t a college town strictly speaking, but there are +40k students at UCF. Alexa says an average of 6k per day at Disney world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT