ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford MBB gonna fired their coach...

This guy thinks OU is going to have a harder time winning in the SEC than in the Big 12? Why would that be? He's thinking of the wrong sport.
yeah, i noted that. have no clue who he is, maybe sec dude? i think the sec is like 1-11 v. the b12 this year.

yeah, i noted that. have no clue who he is, maybe sec dude? i think the sec is like 1-11 v. the b12 this year.
DePaul seems to be enlisting the help of social media talking heads to try to punch outside of their weight class in this coaching search.

If DePaul really had the heft to pull Porter Moser away from Oklahoma, or even Bobby Hurley away from Arizona State, would their last three hires have been Jerry Wainwright, Oliver Purnell and Tony Stubblefield?

DePaul seems to be enlisting the help of social media talking heads to try to punch outside of their weight class in this coaching search.

If DePaul really had the heft to pull Porter Moser away from Oklahoma, or even Bobby Hurley away from Arizona State, would their last three hires have been Jerry Wainwright, Oliver Purnell and Tony Stubblefield?
But you have to remember Porter WANTS to leave OU and Hurley is almost fired.

They could have had Porter before he took over Loyola.

DePaul used to be a power basketball school. Ray Meyer had them playing in tournaments yearly decades ago. Once he left and his kid took over it’s never been the same. They’re so bad now you wonder how the Big East even keeps them. I wouldn’t be shocked if they were eventually asked to leave. There are college rec teams that could probably beat them.
It's been so long that his "kid" is also dead

In all seriousness, I think Stanford is fooked in both Football and Basketball due to the onset of NIL and no-sit transfer rules.

Their Alums have some of the "deepest pockets" in the World, but their alums also don't care about paying student athletes. So while a lot of talented players are initially choosing Stanford out of high school for academic reasons, many of their star players are realizing they can transfer out and earn a lot more money before going pro.

While a Stanford degree is incredibly valuable, its almost cancelled out when you go earn a million bucks before you turn 23 and still earn a degree somewhere else.
They would rather give money to soccer than football. It's sooooooboooooirish. Even their band

They would rather give money to soccer than football. It's sooooooboooooirish. Even their band
It doesn't help that they have tons of out of state kids and their students are not on campus for the first 3-4 weeks.

What Jim did there was really amazing. They will never be good again

Reactions: huskerfan66

Porter gonna go back to OU...
Next year is going to be nasty for them. He hates it there, tried to leave, the buyout stopped it.

So funny!

They could have had Porter before he took over Loyola.
When he was an assistant at Saint Louis who had recently been fired by Illinois State? Yes, that resume screams "DePaul's next head coach."

Current HC at Oklahoma does not. I get that Moser probably wants out of OU, but DePaul might be the worst major conference job in the country.

When he was an assistant at Saint Louis who had recently been fired by Illinois State? Yes, that resume screams "DePaul's next head coach."

Current HC at Oklahoma does not. I get that Moser probably wants out of OU, but DePaul might be the worst major conference job in the country.
There are going to be plenty more openings. He might get another chance: but if his buyout is an issue it might not matter.

Moser is not going to DePaul. I don't care how much he hates Oklahoma and loves Chicago, it would be career suicide.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69

I agree but clearly he is talking to people about it. It is not like this is all made up.

The funny thing about all these coaches always say “I Have not spoken to anyone “ about these jobs. Of course not but someone who represents you probably has.
Right?

It is all back channeling. Shit, these guys all know each other OR they know someone that knows the guy that you want to chat with.

It is not like Porter got on his OU computer and send a friendship request to the DePaul AD.

Just like with "normal" people, you ask around. My buddy texted me a few months ago letting me know about a possible opening at his place. It happens.

bruce weber is in chicagoland as well. bruce is a rock solid coach who might fill in nicely there. experienced, seasoned, quirky and clean might suit the venetian catholics.

Mark Madsen gets a 2-yr extension from Cal. He probably wasn’t going to bolt after one year anyway, but the situation at Stanford gave him added leverage. Never cared for Madsen as a player, but he was a good hire for Cal. Stanford missed the boat.

Mike Hopkins is the first PAC-12 coach to get shown the door.

Could Washington make a run at WSU’s Kyle Smith?

Chris Holtman to DePaul??
I could see that. Holtmann surely got a golden parachute from Ohio State, so it probably wouldn't take a big haul to hire him. And he probably has a big enough ego to think he's the guy to get DePaul back to the glory days.

Demons showed some life last night. Should have knocked off Villanova.

I could see that. Holtmann surely got a golden parachute from Ohio State, so it probably wouldn't take a big haul to hire him. And he probably has a big enough ego to think he's the guy to get DePaul back to the glory days.

Demons showed some life last night. Should have knocked off Villanova.
Holtman has never seemed like a big ego guy to me. He has always seemed really classy and nice.

Ville is all in on Scott Drew right now.

With Mick Cronin the second choice but he has a crazy buyout. But they might be looking to get that changed since UCLA moved conferences.

drew's not leaving a top ten program to rebuild 'the ville.' maybe his brother, bryce.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT