ADVERTISEMENT

Get in or get out speech

Add in how less physical each game is and how much more beat up a team is in most of the power five conf which probably changes another 1 or 2 of those close games. There is no comparison...

You believe a blowout loss from 2 years ago is really an issue for any games this year? Are guys 2 years from now going to be effected by this years Minnesota or Ohio St blowout loss?
The point was that the defeatist attitude that was on that team that rolled over for the Gophers 2 years ago may still be here. Guys like Farniok are so far removed from a winning season in high school that they don't remember what it's like or what it takes. Our juniors and seniors have played on TWO 4-8 teams and that last team of Riley's most definitely mailed in the last month of the year.

The point was that the defeatist attitude that was on that team that rolled over for the Gophers 2 years ago may still be here. Guys like Farniok are so far removed from a winning season in high school that they don't remember what it's like or what it takes. Our juniors and seniors have played on TWO 4-8 teams and that last team of Riley's most definitely mailed in the last month of the year.
I guess I just don't believe Minnesota game from 2 years ago is the reason why we're struggling this year or why we played like crap against them this year.

I guess I just don't believe Minnesota game from 2 years ago is the reason why we're struggling this year or why we played like crap against them this year.
I didn't say it was the reason. I'm saying that there appears to still be a defeatist attitude with some of the team. It appears to me that there's still a couple of starters left over from that team that quit again. Not going to name names any more.

I didn't say it was the reason. I'm saying that there appears to still be a defeatist attitude with some of the team. It appears to me that there's still a couple of starters left over from that team that quit again. Not going to name names any more.
Maybe you have, but have you named players recently?

I've never liked the "there are players who have quit, defeatest attitude, bad apples, etc but I won't name them" stance.

I completely disagree with this. Iowa was about 20 seconds away from playing for a Nat Title just a few years ago.

And 2 years ago Wis was a 4tht quarter away from playing far a Nat Title.

Both of those programs have not only had way more consistent success than us, they’ve both been within an eyelash of making the playoff in the last 4 years.

I’m not so sure that Wis isn’t the best team in the country right now. Barring injuries I fully expect them to go into Columbus & win.

I look for both programs to put a nice beatdown on us in Lincoln as well. Business as usual.

perhaps they should beat Illinois first.

I think this is the year that will test the doing more with less. Wisky looks like the real deal this year. I would say this year is now or never for them to break through the conference championship ceiling and make a playoff push.

It will be interesting to see if they choke a game away on the way to the championship game or if they can beat Ohio State in the championship stay unbeaten and see if they get selected for the playoff.

nice foresight on the choking a game away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT