ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2 decided by officials

The officiating is horrible this year in most Bowl games

cant disagree there but if you’re talking about the refs screwing Wisconsin...that i disagree with. Wisconsin killed themselves with penalties and turnovers. Wisconsin is so used to getting away with murder that you bring in a fair group of refs...Wisconsin suddenly gets creamed with penalties. Funny how that works out.

I can’t feel sorry for Wisconsin from the stand point of poor officiating simply because they get away with holding with their offensive line and their defensive backs and it’s blatant.
This is an article from 2018. It deals with holding calls on passes more than runs, but it addresses how the B1G conference officials generally don't call many holds, and not just in games involving Wisconsin. And, as much as I hate to say it, our beloved Huskers have gotten away with some doozies as well.

Two things stand out from the article:

1) It is considered the duty of the defensive player to show that he's getting held...not just stand there and be held.

2) If the refs called every holding you saw on TV, games would last about 16 hours.

https://www.cornnation.com/2018/10/17/17982078/big-ten-football-no-holding-calls-anywhere

This is an article from 2018. It deals with holding calls on passes more than runs, but it addresses how the B1G conference officials generally don't call many holds, and not just in games involving Wisconsin. And, as much as I hate to say it, our beloved Huskers have gotten away with some doozies as well.

Two things stand out from the article:

1) It is considered the duty of the defensive player to show that he's getting held...not just stand there and be held.

2) If the refs called every holding you saw on TV, games would last about 16 hours.

https://www.cornnation.com/2018/10/17/17982078/big-ten-football-no-holding-calls-anywhere
Actually then the big 10 needs to change that because in bowl games you don’t know what officiating crew you’ll get

Reactions: scarletred
cant disagree there but if you’re talking about the refs screwing Wisconsin...that i disagree with. Wisconsin killed themselves with penalties and turnovers. Wisconsin is so used to getting away with murder that you bring in a fair group of refs...Wisconsin suddenly gets creamed with penalties. Funny how that works out.
Yep. What goes around comes around.

Reactions: Baxter48
One of the reasons I find bowl season so fascinating is neutral officiating or third party officiating. I think more often than not, it shows that fans are going to bitch about officiating regardless of which conference officials are doing it.

Anyone recognize the name of the Oregon D back involved in the play? i believe it was down to the huskers and ducks.

The on-air 'official' explainer guy stated that this was a foul on Wisconsin because the Oregon player legally stepped in front of the Wisconsin player and instead going around, doing swim move or whatever to get past the Oregon player, the Wisconsin player tried to "go thru" the Oregon player. The "going thru" was the foul.

The on-air 'official' explainer guy stated that this was a foul on Wisconsin because the Oregon player legally stepped in front of the Wisconsin player and instead going around, doing swim move or whatever to get past the Oregon player, the Wisconsin player tried to "go thru" the Oregon player. The "going thru" was the foul.
That is not what I see there, at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT