ADVERTISEMENT

Frost on Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't horrible. So that's definitely something.

At least we got to play on Championship Saturday a few times.

Seriously, who is a worse HC anywhere than Riley. Damon Benning...maybe?
With open enrollment no one is ever going to win at northwest

He got numbers up
But being a head coach at a place like that drains you
Playing social worker more than coach
Omaha north gets any talent at all from that area
He knows the game inside and out
Great position coach
Great guy always willing to help
Loves kids
Loves Nebraska

Ya know...I was just thinking of how good I felt Bo was, as Wisconsin was kicking the extra point, to make it 70-24 in the conference Championship game. How very proud I was that day to have him coaching our team.
Yeah, but what was that Wisconsin team rankedWinking?

With open enrollment no one is ever going to win at northwest

He got numbers up
But being a head coach at a place like that drains you
Playing social worker more than coach
Omaha north gets any talent at all from that area
He knows the game inside and out
Great position coach
Great guy always willing to help
Loves kids
Loves Nebraska

Lots of issues, sadly.

Ya know...I was just thinking of how good I felt Bo was, as Wisconsin was kicking the extra point, to make it 70-24 in the conference Championship game. How very proud I was that day to have him coaching our team.

I'm 10,000 times more proud of MR! With his awesome Beaver coaching ability, we never had to worry about being in a conference Championship game.

Progress!!

Reactions: davecisar
Compared to the coaches who came before him and after him, Bo did a good job. But that isn't saying much. Frost is just being nice because Tom was the one who hired Bo.
Agree, what is suppose to say? Of course he is gong to say nice things. Looking back Bo wasn't as bad as we thought, but that is also comparing him to Billy C and Smilin Mike. Arguable 2 of the top 5 worst coaches in Nebraska history. Bo was never going to get a championship. He did just enough to be slightly above average, nothing more.

Seriously, who is a worse HC anywhere than Riley. Damon Benning...maybe?
Hmmm... Riley won 50% of his games at a program that had won a minimum of 9 games pretty much every year for decades. A program where 9 wins each season gets you fired.

Benning had a bad record at a school that has had bad records every year for decades. Having 0 win seasons and 1 win seasons are common. They recycle HC’s there every couple of years. The narrative of Benning being a bad HC at Northwest is just as bad as Tim Miles ruining the Husker basketball program.

Get a clue!!!

I mean what is SF going to say? Bo was an asshole and a shitty coach? Of course not. He'd probably say the same about Riley Callahan and Solich.
Exactly, coaches never bad mouth former coaches.

Bo was mediocre and it's OK to admit it. The constant beatdowns, perineal 4-loss seasons and allowing 400 yards rushing to one player proves it.
Agree, I think with the West being overall weak. There really is no reason a coach shouldn't be able to get 8 or 9 wins every year. Bo did not get fired for his W-L record, It was the 1,000 other things he sucked at.

Can’t argue against that
All the more reason to jump on the Riley was the worst Nebraska coach in 50 plus years
Riley barely won 4 games last year

What I care about most
Win games
Play well
Be physical
Be mentally strong
Run clean program
Represent the university well

Being nice and winning the media and offseason propaganda not really care about at all

Scott showing his coaching chops there. Very smart move. Throw out the compliment and don't cause any unnecessary drama. Whether he was being 100% honest or not if he says anything negative the press and fans will run with it however say something positive and it will be put to rest. It's a no win situation for Scott and he handled it perfect. Lets face it, look where our last 4 head coaches are coaching:
Asst Coach Oregon St
Head Coach Youngstown St
Offensive Line Coach NFL
Head Coach Ohio University

None of those scream I was a great Power 5 Conference Head Coach.

I'm 10,000 times more proud of MR! With his awesome Beaver coaching ability, we never had to worry about being in a conference Championship game.

Progress!!

Oh yes, because I've suggested that I loved Riley?? Riley sucked...period. And Bo sucked in important games. Bo got blown out on the national stage more times than I care to remember.

Oh yes, because I've suggested that I loved Riley?? Riley sucked...period. And Bo sucked in important games. Bo got blown out on the national stage more times than I care to remember.

Agree except for the 2009 B1G 12 CG. Still think we were robbed in that game,Nebraska wins that game and Pelini is looked at a hole lot different despite the way he left walking out the door for which he gets his bad reputation.

On paper he did a good job. Him not winning a conference title in '09 and '10 really put pressure on him later in his career and he was never able to capitalize. Off the field, he wasn't a good representative for the football team and the state of Nebraska in general.

In comparison to Riley, Bo is night and day better.

I think that Bo was/is a good coach, he just wasn't a good head coach, if that makes sense. Really not a fit here IMO.

Ding Ding Ding, we have Winner.

Never could handle himself as a good PR man handling the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT