ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Scott Frost Pursuing College Football Head Coaching Job

And I’m pursuing Gal Gadot fwiw…

In all seriousness, maybe they’ll hire him. It’s possible I guess 🤷‍♂️
Good Choice!
65e9kx.jpg

16a00ad66464da2c_GettyImages-50904798.jpg

I’d go watch some games and root for AZ.
This is a tough one for me. Frankie worked his butt off. Riley just was a bad hire - great guy - over his head at Neb. Callaghan hung onto friends too long but worked his butt off. Bo wasn’t a head coach.

Frost was 1000% lazy.

He was never in his office in the 6-7 times I was in the football offices (sometimes for 7-8 hours at a time).

And that one for me is a tough one to forgive.

Frost:
Cons:
1. annoyed when he went to stanford
2. annoyed when he lost to asu and texas because of #1
3. annoyed he got LP in trouble.
4. annoyed when he over stated the self evident truth that NU = #1 in 97
5. annoyed with reports of drinking, losing close games, slack recruiting and onside kicks up by 11.

Pros:
1. he did suck it up in 97
2. he did do good at oregon
3. he did good at the ufc

This is a tough one for me. Frankie worked his butt off. Riley just was a bad hire - great guy - over his head at Neb. Callaghan hung onto friends too long but worked his butt off. Bo wasn’t a head coach.

Frost was 1000% lazy.

He was never in his office in the 6-7 times I was in the football offices (sometimes for 7-8 hours at a time).

Frank certainly did not “work his butt off” when it came to recruiting.

• Haha
Reactions: 9and4

Frost was 1000% lazy.

It is going to take me awhile before I can root for Frost again, maybe in a few years again. Solich was just not HC material at a place like Nebraska. Frost was incompetent. I need a lot of time to mourn before forgiving Frost for what happened.

It is going to take me awhile before I can root for Frost again, maybe in a few years again. Solich was just not HC material at a place like Nebraska. Frost was incompetent. I need a lot of time to mourn before forgiving Frost for what happened.
Disagree that Solich wasn’t HC material, but you believe what you want..
He’s the last HC that has won us outright conference title..

Disagree that Solich wasn’t HC material, but you believe what you want..
He’s the last HC that has won us outright conference title..

I don’t dislike Solich, just don’t think he was up to the task for the long haul at NU to follow a legend. Maybe he was starting to turn things around the year he got let go but no way to know that for sure. Solich deserves the HOF.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I heard he just wasn’t good at it. Not lazy. Also, had some asst. coaches that weren’t recruiting hard
Frank certainly was hamstrung by some older assistants who had zero desire to go on the road and recruit.
He (his staff) made some really bad offers to instate kids in his last couple years that were borderline walk ons at best.
Kids who never set foot on the field.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I don’t dislike Solich, just don’t think he was up to the task for the long haul at NU to follow a legend. Maybe he was starting to turn things around the year he got let go but no way to know that for sure. Solich deserves the HOF.
Agree. Look at what Alabama did. Probably the greatest guy in the history of college football gets replaced with a proven winner that just coached his team to the national title game. We turned the reigns of the greatest college football dynasty of the time over to our RB coach. I like Solich and always watched him at OHIO but he was in over his head.

It's possible. IMO Big 12 would allow his older offense to succeed. Would also depend on if he takes coaching more seriously as a full time gig than he did before.
I think he went back to his BMOC days. Maybe the pressure partly, but according to Stai, he was “distracted” very early in his coaching tenure at DONU (the boat deal)

Agree. Look at what Alabama did. Probably the greatest guy in the history of college football gets replaced with a proven winner that just coached his team to the national title game. We turned the reigns of the greatest college football dynasty of the time over to our RB coach. I like Solich and always watched him at OHIO but he was in over his head.
It's crazy to think about now.

Reactions: Power_I_82
Now that you ask it shouldn't really, but as a small-time donor, it is the principle or the thing. Football coaches and obscenely-paid CEOs are the only jobs where getting fired for horrible performance results in huge and undeserved compensation.
Well technically their contract says the payment was deserved. ☹️

Was Tom Landry a good coach? He was fired.
Was Bill Belichick a good coach? He was fired.
Was Jimmy Johnson a good coach? He was fired.
Was Bill Callahan a good coach in the NFL? He was fired.
Was Scott Frost a good coach at Oregon and UCF? He was fired.

Men; any coach has his ups and downs; just like us in life. I sincerely hope Scott Frost gets a head coaching job in Arizona. I hope he does well; real well.

From Zona Zealots:

Arizona Football: Coaching candidates to not touch with a ten-foot pole

1. Scott Frost

Frost is another name who finds himself lumped into the group of names commonly thrown around to take over Arizona's vacant head coaching position. However, this would be a disastrous hire for the Wildcats, considering that Frost's only real success came when leading UCF to an undefeated regular season in 2017.

His most recent stop was a five-season tenure as the head coach at Nebraska where he never won more than five games. He made it three games through the 2022 season and built up a 1-2 record before finally being canned. He finished his Nebraska career with a record of 16-31. Even before that, he had limited success on his resume. He only ever finished with a winning record once in just over six seasons in a head coaching role.

Hiring Frost would be a disaster and would open up the door for a massive group of players to hit the transfer portal.

Arizona Football: Coaching candidates to not touch with a ten-foot pole

Reactions: Truewooper
Trap game. By Sep 16 our team may already be beat up from bruising games with the Miners and Jackrabbits.
Are you saying the Jackrabbits would have not given us a great game this year and probably would have beaten us?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT