ADVERTISEMENT

Frost on Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Bo was/is a good coach, he just wasn't a good head coach, if that makes sense. Really not a fit here IMO.

I just don't think Bo Pelini is a very bright man. Trotting out a match up zone against the likes of Wisconsin, with the size they put on the field, and he deserved to get his ass handed to him.

Reactions: spinner4
Ya know...I was just thinking of how good I felt Bo was, as Wisconsin was kicking the extra point, to make it 70-24 in the conference Championship game. How very proud I was that day to have him coaching our team.

This is the one bad loss I actually don't blame him for.

That game was all about the external circumstances. Due to the top two teams in their division being inelligable and the bottom three teams winning a combined five games all season, Wisconsin had effectively three months to prepare for that one game. Nebraska who had to hold off Michigan till the last week of the season had eight days.

70% of the things Wisconsin did in that game they had never done before and have never done since.

I don't care who coaches that game, it was going to be a blowout. Tom Osborne gets destroyed in that game too, every coach does.

I sense the Tradition Coalition here. Frost is loyal to TO, who hired Bo, who is a stain on TO's legacy. Frost easily erases the stain. Moos is obviously tied to Frost. All is now well in TC land. Resurrection complete! GBR

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Can’t argue against that
All the more reason to jump on the Riley was the worst Nebraska coach in 50 plus years
Riley barely won 4 games last year

What I care about most
Win games
Play well
Be physical
Be mentally strong
Run clean program
Represent the university well

Being nice and winning the media and offseason propaganda not really care about at all
You mean like the propaganda being pumped out daily, and you eating it up?

Reactions: SOHusker11
I just don't think Bo Pelini is a very bright man. Trotting out a match up zone against the likes of Wisconsin, with the size they put on the field, and he deserved to get his ass handed to him.

Do you not remember who we had to play DT against Wisky that game....A 265 DT.

A pick 6 on the first play started off.

The game was a dumpster fire before it began. Would have rather played Michigan St or somebody that game.

I think that Bo was/is a good coach, he just wasn't a good head coach, if that makes sense. Really not a fit here IMO.
You got it right. Bo can, and probably will, Coach D for a bigger program. But he lacks the temperament, vision and self-awareness to be a head coach. By contrast, in the way he answered the question about Bo, showed that Frost does possess those skills.

You got it right. Bo can, and probably will, Coach D for a bigger program. But he lacks the temperament, vision and self-awareness to be a head coach. By contrast, in the way he answered the question about Bo, showed that Frost does possess those skills.

Bo is a trip. Not sure if he will ever find his niche. I'm a card carrying Tradition Coalition Lifetime Husker Power Club Member who thinks I should probably drop the BoBot. GBR

Ya know...I was just thinking of how good I felt Bo was, as Wisconsin was kicking the extra point, to make it 70-24 in the conference Championship game. How very proud I was that day to have him coaching our team.

I was thinking the same on the drive home at HALF TIME.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Do you not remember who we had to play DT against Wisky that game....A 265 DT.

A pick 6 on the first play started off.

The game was a dumpster fire before it began. Would have rather played Michigan St or somebody that game.

You're certainly not making excuses for Bo, are you? Because I would have to remind you that he had been here for 5 years, and the roster was ALL he and his staff's doing.

Reactions: HuskerO
This is the one bad loss I actually don't blame him for.

That game was all about the external circumstances. Due to the top two teams in their division being inelligable and the bottom three teams winning a combined five games all season, Wisconsin had effectively three months to prepare for that one game. Nebraska who had to hold off Michigan till the last week of the season had eight days.

70% of the things Wisconsin did in that game they had never done before and have never done since.

I don't care who coaches that game, it was going to be a blowout. Tom Osborne gets destroyed in that game too, every coach does.

You've got to be kidding me, right? It was Bo's 5th year at Nebraska. It was completely his responsibility to have his team prepared, and he failed miserably.

Can’t argue against that
All the more reason to jump on the Riley was the worst Nebraska coach in 50 plus years
Riley barely won 4 games last year

What I care about most
Win games
Play well
Be physical
Be mentally strong
Run clean program
Represent the university well

Being nice and winning the media and offseason propaganda not really care about at all
Ok, I’m confused... why do I need to get on the Riley sucks bandwagon?

Isn’t it enough to get on the Frost will return us to glory bandwagon?

Honestly, I think Bo is/was such a bad recruiter, he made up his persona to try and hide it.

Think about that one for awhile...GBR
Do you guys think if you repeat this 'falsehood' often enough, that will make it true?

Bo & Riley recruiting was statistically equivalent and I've shown the stats for that at least twice! Not doing it again.

If you don't like BO, fine. Don't make $hit up. Apparently BO was on record saying he didn't like recruiting. Big deal. Is there any aspect of your job you don't like? Doesn't matter. You do it, and try to do it well, because it's part of your job.

Bo is one of the better coaches in his current conference. Maybe he can move up a level and coach Ohio University someday when Solich retires.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Do you guys think if you repeat this 'falsehood' often enough, that will make it true?

Bo & Riley recruiting was statistically equivalent and I've shown the stats for that at least twice! Not doing it again.

If you don't like BO, fine. Don't make $hit up. Apparently BO was on record saying he didn't like recruiting. Big deal. Is there any aspect of your job you don't like? Doesn't matter. You do it, and try to do it well, because it's part of your job.

I dunno.

Bo won 9 games a year.

Riley sucked. 50% and going into the Toilet Bowl. Pure unabated disaster.

Tradition Coalition Rules!!!!!!!

GBR

Exactly. 100% on the money.

The MR apologists have to endlessly blame everything on Bo. It's the only pathetic excuse they have left now.....

Bo and Riley are gone, in the past, done. It’s not really helpful (though I know it’s fun in this boring period), to debate who was worse. Bo had a better record, Riley was a nicer human being. But, neither met our expectations. That’s how I look at it. The early evidence suggests Frost is far different, and far more focused than either of these guys.

After Riley was fired and Frost was hired it seemed like everybody was happy and the fanbase would be united again.

Then a certain someone and his merry band of Bo-Zos emerge from exile and go nuts in every thread, exacting revenge for the way their idol's era at NU came to an end.

Damn the facts! Bo Uber alles!

And Eichorst too— pair those together and you have a pair of aces; has Eichorst got a job yet?
Can you please point me in the direction of Eichorst lovers? Seriously, who is an Eichorst lover? They need to be banned permanently.

After Riley was fired and Frost was hired it seemed like everybody was happy and the fanbase would be united again.

Then a certain someone and his merry band of Bo-Zos emerge from exile and go nuts in every thread, exacting revenge for the way their idol's era at NU came to an end.

Damn the facts! Bo Uber alles!
They're just trying to setup the narrative and control the message that it'll all be Riley's fault if Frost isn't successful. Not sure why they're so worried though. Even Riley-lovers believe Frost will be very successful even if it takes a few years.

Or if Frost does accomplish a lot in his first year or two the message will be how Frost overcame big bad Riley.

I feel pretty confident in saying that most, if not all Riley-lovers are to give Frost 4-5 years to at least win the division. But I believe he gets it done well before that. Shoot he may get it done this season.

You watch. If Frost is successful we'll still be hearing about Riley from the same posters (davecisar, bshirt73) and not from the "Riley-lovers".

They're just trying to setup the narrative and control the message that it'll all be Riley's fault if Frost isn't successful. Not sure why they're so worried though. Even Riley-lovers believe Frost will be very successful even if it takes a few years.

Or if Frost does accomplish a lot in his first year or two the message will be how Frost overcame big bad Riley.

I feel pretty confident in saying that most, if not all Riley-lovers are to give Frost 4-5 years to at least win the division. But I believe he gets it done well before that. Shoot he may get it done this season.

You watch. If Frost is successful we'll still be hearing about Riley from the same posters (davecisar, bshirt73) and not from the "Riley-lovers".
Well its better to hear from them than to hear from the Riley lovers for 3 years on why everything was Bo's fault. At least they would be accurate.

HuskerO, you are right BUT I will say that I think making fun of any and all coaches is always fair game. I can't wait to be able to say

"Oh man, Bo would have EXPLODED on that call"
or "Man, that is a game that Riley would have lost FOR SURE"

Reactions: timnsun
TC is the Gospel according to TO. Defend his disciples. Perlman and all other ADs not named Moos is the Devil/demons. Frost is the Chosen One, brought back to resurrect the glory of the TC. GBR
I think the "TC" term was coined on one of the message boards. It might have been on Big Red Board. Basically if you were a "TCer" it meant you wanted things linked back to the "good ole days"...I remember it starting when Callahan was hired.

Well its better to hear from them than to hear from the Riley lovers for 3 years on why everything was Bo's fault. At least they would be accurate.

A lot of the issues were Bo's fault. That being said, I don't think Riley would've been successful even if he had taken over from someone who wasn't intent on doing the university and the football program harm.

HuskerO, you are right BUT I will say that I think making fun of any and all coaches is always fair game. I can't wait to be able to say

"Oh man, Bo would have EXPLODED on that call"
or "Man, that is a game that Riley would have lost FOR SURE"
Your posts are fun. You're fair and make fun of both coaches due to their faults.

Riley had his faults and needed to go. But to say that none/few of his players respected him or to say the crap Pelini left didn't hurt Riley's attempt to become successful here (ultimately it falls on Riley) is being dishonest.

Okay, throw Huskercigar on that list too I guess.

Not everything was Bo's fault. No one was ever saying that.

Like I said, you won't hear from Riley-lovers if Frost isn't successful. But we'll still here from Riley-haters even if (when) Frost is successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT