ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Scott Frost Pursuing College Football Head Coaching Job

IF he has his alcohol issue under control he might do okay. Hopefully he would be smart enough to hire a better DC than Chinander. I would have several behavior clauses in his contract if I were an AD hiring him.
Believe it or not, the Head Coach at Boise got the axe, and the new coach promoted Chinander from LB coach to Defensive Coordinator.

No joke, thats what Erik told my son. Erik is a great guy and not so much as a Coordinator...

My son's two young boys have play dates with Erik's kids in Boise.
My son says Erik lives in about a $ 1M pad in Boise. By the way, Frank Solich lives in Boise also.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, the Head Coach at Boise got the axe, and the new coach promoted Chinander from LB coach to Defensive Coordinator.

No joke, thats what Erik told my son. Erik is a great guy and not so much as a Coordinator...

My son's two young boys have play dates with Erik's kids in Boise.
My son says Erik lives in about a $ 1M pad in Boise. By the way, Frank Solich lives in Boise also.
That is what many have said, that he is a great guy. Maybe not enough of a hard ass to be an effective DC?

Reactions: Truewooper
Now that you ask it shouldn't really, but as a small-time donor, it is the principle or the thing. Football coaches and obscenely-paid CEOs are the only jobs where getting fired for horrible performance results in huge and undeserved compensation.
Your first instinct was correct. The world we live in is 100% broken. It is better to live in a meritocracy than a kleptocracy. Now even if you don't agree with that (and you probably don't), you're first post is still correct because money is a finite (despite what most people think) resource. So being frugal with it pays dividends as organizations pursue their goals.

Behavior clauses for a guy that has never been in trouble with the law and not one piece of evidence that shows he has ever done anything wrong?

Interesting. I am guessing that is what references are for?

"Hi, Trev, this is Timmy, the AD from Zona...so we know on your message boards there were a lot of posters that said Scott was a drunk, a cheater and never practiced, can you tell me more about this message board posts?"

Behavior clauses for a guy that has never been in trouble with the law and not one piece of evidence that shows he has ever done anything wrong?

"Hi, Trev, this is Timmy, the AD from Zona...so we know on your message boards there were a lot of posters that said Scott was a drunk, a cheater and never practiced, can you tell me more about this message board posts?"
Don't be dense. Of course the Arizona AD or any other potential employer is doing their homework on him. You think the Frost dipshittery information originated on message boards? I know a woman who has zero interest in Nebraska football (or football in general) who personally witnessed him in action at LCC. He had alcohol issues, fact.
you mean like Sarkisian and Freeze?
Life isn't fair, I know you are aware there are different standards for successful people. I'm sure Frost will get back into coaching but I'd be very surprised if his first job back is as a head coach.

Reactions: dinglefritz
1. I hope Lil' Scotty gets a HC position so we don't have to pay him the remainder of the money he is stealing from us.
2. I hope he fails miserably.
3. After we lost to NW last year in Ireland, I said "We can't let this guy back inside the walls of Memorial Stadium" and I meant it.

1. I hope Lil' Scotty gets a HC position so we don't have to pay him the remainder of the money he is stealing from us.
2. I hope he fails miserably.
3. After we lost to NW last year in Ireland, I said "We can't let this guy back inside the walls of Memorial Stadium" and I meant it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he already paid off completely?

Frost:
Cons:
1. annoyed when he went to stanford
2. annoyed when he lost to asu and texas because of #1
3. annoyed he got LP in trouble.
4. annoyed when he over stated the self evident truth that NU = #1 in 97
5. annoyed with reports of drinking, losing close games, slack recruiting and onside kicks up by 11.

Pros:
1. he did suck it up in 97
2. he did do good at oregon
3. he did good at the ufc
I guess I would say that his success at UCF had much to do with his quarterback, Mckenzie Milton. His decision making and accuracy were elite!

That said, a good QB makes any coach more successful.

Don't be dense. Of course the Arizona AD or any other potential employer is doing their homework on him. You think the Frost dipshittery information originated on message boards? I know a woman who has zero interest in Nebraska football (or football in general) who personally witnessed him in action at LCC. He had alcohol issues, fact.

Life isn't fair, I know you are aware there are different standards for successful people. I'm sure Frost will get back into coaching but I'd be very surprised if his first job back is as a head coach.
Yes, of course you know a girl that personally witnessed it...could you expand on what she witnessed.

It is amazing how we have had SOOOO many witnesses that have seen our coaches got thrown out of middle school games, have attacked boosters in hotels, have been out getting hammered at bars, passing out at bars, banging girls at bars and so on...yet...not one single picture. I guess all those witnesses did not recognize the HC of the Husker FB team or maybe they all just forgot their cell phones.

You posting the word "Fact" doesn't actually make it a fact.

My favorite (new) one, that Frost and Davison DESTROYED the LCC so badly that the police were ALMOST called but luckily, they talked their way out of it. This is not the 1970's, where all that stuff is covered up and no pictures are taken. There were 5,000 pictures taken of Rhule at the basketball game the other day. But not one of Frost being hammered and slurring his speech in front of a bunch of kids that were there to meet him?

Is there maybe, just maybe, a chance that most of the rumors were not true and/or overblown? Maybe?

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Unfortunately, all it takes is one knob-job on a bbs to start a false rumor. Then this non-existent thing gets repeated and almost institutionalized. I've heard a ton about SF drinking too much or getting girls pregnant, leaving his wife etc. but there is nothing that suggests any of its true. Our coaches are perfect and unquestionable until its determined they aren't Bear Bryant, then the onus is to try and make their lives miserable.
Under Frost, we rarely got our clock cleaned, we were on and edge and seemed to fall to the wrong side a lot.
Just like this past season with a completely different coach.

Unfortunately, all it takes is one knob-job on a bbs to start a false rumor. Then this non-existent thing gets repeated and almost institutionalized. I've heard a ton about SF drinking too much or getting girls pregnant, leaving his wife etc. but there is nothing that suggests any of its true. Our coaches are perfect and unquestionable until its determined they aren't Bear Bryant, then the onus is to try and make their lives miserable.
Under Frost, we rarely got our clock cleaned, we were on and edge and seemed to fall to the wrong side a lot.
I 100% would bet that he drinks, I bet he even get drunk sometimes.

I bet he has seen a hot girl and thought "I would like to bang that"

I bet he has thrown a golf club or sworn before while golfing.

But man, did the Frost haters take these things to new levels and of course they all have "kinds of evidence"

Rarely got our clock cleaned? We got waxxed... A lot by the top teams in the conference and were awful in the Big Ten West which is pretty bad... We lost to a NW team that would not win another game. Frost was horrible here. It wasn't just him, but this is as bad as Nebraska has ever been and it's because of that guy.

Was Tom Landry a good coach? He was fired.
Was Bill Belichick a good coach? He was fired.
Was Jimmy Johnson a good coach? He was fired.
Was Bill Callahan a good coach in the NFL? He was fired.
Was Scott Frost a good coach at Oregon and UCF? He was fired.

Men; any coach has his ups and downs; just like us in life. I sincerely hope Scott Frost gets a head coaching job in Arizona. I hope he does well; real well.
Don't think SF was fired from Oregon or UCF.
Was BC a good NFL coach? Hmmm...

Don't think SF was fired from Oregon or UCF.
Was BC a good NFL coach? Hmmm...
He was saying he was good at Oregon and UCF not fired from there.

Bill was the head coach in a Super Bowl, so I suppose some case could made😁

16-31 at his last job and character issues is a double whammy. If he’s serious about resurrecting his career he needs to swallow his pride and take an OC job. There are plenty of programs who would be willing to take him on in that role.

Well, Frost didn't get the job.
16-31 at his last job and character issues is a double whammy. If he’s serious about resurrecting his career he needs to swallow his pride and take an OC job. There are plenty of programs who would be willing to take him on in that role.
Correct. He won’t get another P5 head coaching job unless he works his way back up through an OC position with a P5 school or as a head coach at a lower level.

But man, did the Frost haters take these things to new levels and of course they all have "kinds of evidence"

I believe some of the things that have been said to have happened actually took place. The drinking, the womanizing that is easy to cover up. Do you honestly think that was the only time Urban Meyer had his hand up a cooch? As far as I know that is the only one that has video evidence.

You are frequently reasonable but you are completely off base on this, Maybe you just don’t follow the Huskers that closely. I have a close relative who is reporter for a big Ten city Newspaper. He told me While Frost was still here in no uncertain terms That frost “was a bad coach”. I have another relative who has a lot of friends who are coeds at UNL. At around that same time She told me frost used to have parties at his place and go after coeds at those parties (she was more direct about what that meant) There is the Brendan Stai hot Mic Deal when he said that Frost was a hound dog when he was coaching here. Then there’s the Mike Se’vere (sp) comments, the McKewon comments that Frost was a mess, etc. I get that some of the other stories are rumors/secondhand, but there’s a lot I know from reliable people, or are in the public record, and I’m sure a number of other people on this board have first hand stories from relatives/friends.

You are frequently reasonable but you are completely off base on this, Maybe you just don’t follow the Huskers that closely. I have a close relative who is reporter for a big Ten city Newspaper. He told me While Frost was still here in no uncertain terms That frost “was a bad coach”. I have another relative who has a lot of friends who are coeds at UNL. At around that same time She told me frost used to have parties at his place and go after coeds at those parties (she was more direct about what that meant) There is the Brendan Stai hot Mic Deal when he said that Frost was a hound dog when he was coaching here. Then there’s the Mike Se’vere (sp) comments, the McKewon comments that Frost was a mess, etc. I get that some of the other stories are rumors/secondhand, but there’s a lot I know from reliable people, or are in the public record, and I’m sure a number of other people on this board have first hand stories from relatives/friends.
The most recognizable person in the state...not one picture.

Here let me play...I have a former student that writes for the LJS and former students at UNL, they all said Frost did not do those things.

Does my info count or only yours?

I believe some of the things that have been said to have happened actually took place. The drinking, the womanizing that is easy to cover up. Do you honestly think that was the only time Urban Meyer had his hand up a cooch? As far as I know that is the only one that has video evidence.
So what though? What does that have to do with Urban coaching?

So what though? What does that have to do with Urban coaching?
Nothing, other than he did not last very long in Jacksonville when he appeared to get sloppy.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post when you were stating that none of the things Frost was accused of were necessarily true because there was no video evidence of those things happening. I countered that with a question about whether or not you thought that was the first time Urban Meyer had his hand in a cooch in public.

Gave a "Like", not so much for Tuco's analysis, more for the use of the word "cooch".

Nothing, other than he did not last very long in Jacksonville when he appeared to get sloppy.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post when you were stating that none of the things Frost was accused of were necessarily true because there was no video evidence of those things happening. I countered that with a question about whether or not you thought that was the first time Urban Meyer had his hand in a cooch in public.
I do believe that is the first time because I never saw him do it another time.

With that said, he sure might have done it a lot! with that said, he really did not do anything, a girl sat on his lap.

It would be hard for Frost to be out in public ALL THE TIME, getting shit faced and hitting on girls and not one picture...

I do believe that is the first time because I never saw him do it another time.

With that said, he sure might have done it a lot! with that said, he really did not do anything, a girl sat on his lap.

It would be hard for Frost to be out in public ALL THE TIME, getting shit faced and hitting on girls and not one picture...
As i said in a different thread a week or so ago, you truly are a left-fielder.

There were stories going around about HOFer Frank Solich and the Pelini's. Pics or not, the attitude has always been "Don't ask, don't tell". I've heard some generic statements from people connected, but they don't really "tell". If they did, connections would wither. If there are pics, posting them would likely wreck on online profile and likely draw lawsuits. Who needs that?

There were stories going around about HOFer Frank Solich and the Pelini's. Pics or not, the attitude has always been "Don't ask, don't tell". I've heard some generic statements from people connected, but they don't really "tell". If they did, connections would wither. If there are pics, posting them would likely wreck on online profile and likely draw lawsuits. Who needs that?
Yeah, that is probably it.

I think he would do pretty well at Arizona and the new B12
Could, if he retracts his head from his rectal cavity. An offense like the one he had at UCF could do some damage in that league.

I don’t dislike Solich, just don’t think he was up to the task for the long haul at NU to follow a legend. Maybe he was starting to turn things around the year he got let go but no way to know that for sure. Solich deserves the HOF.
Probably 9-3 in 2004 with Dailey running the offense and Pelini as DC.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Frost’s approach didn’t work in the B1G after smashing success one year at UCF. The rumors of boozing and skirt chasing are an attempt to explain the incompetence. The alternative is that he just wasn’t up to the task of running a major conference program.

Well, Frost didn't get the job.

Correct. He won’t get another P5 head coaching job unless he works his way back up through an OC position with a P5 school or as a head coach at a lower level.
This is where Scott’s arrogance will kick in . He thinks he is a P5 coach now.

Frost’s approach didn’t work in the B1G after smashing success one year at UCF. The rumors of boozing and skirt chasing are an attempt to explain the incompetence. The alternative is that he just wasn’t up to the task of running a major conference program.
Frost was obviously weak as being a CEO and also was not up mentally for the task of competing and winning out over the head coach on the opposing sideline.

Thank you sir, thank you!

The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

Him getting drunk on a Tuesday night did not force NU to lose a game on Saturday.

Pretty much every college coach (NFL too) gets fired for having a losing record. They are not all drunks and sexual deviants. They are usually just not an awesome coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT