ADVERTISEMENT

Frost and staff to coach the bowl game

The "exposer" thing is probably not AS big of a deal as we would like, when Bo did the same exact thing people acted like it would be amazing having our new coach coaching/winning the natty...I don't think it impacted recruiting all that much.

That’s because Bo sucked at recruiting. He also didn’t take advantage of Suh’s exposure.

We are paying him $5 mill to drop his Christmas tree on his front lawn (ala Jimbo) and fly to Lincoln. But instead, he’s making the same mistake Bo did, by coaching the bowl game. I sound so greedy, but that’s because I’m a Huskers first guy.

Reactions: huskerfire
One last roll in the hay with the old girlfriend. The fiancée won't mind.
giphy.gif

My take; Frost will be in Nebraska recruiting for us until the dead period. Walters will handle the day to day at UCF during that period.

Frost then to game plan and coach the Peach Bowl.

I could be wrong.
It sounds like Walters will handle game preparation duties and Frost will just return to coach in the bowl game.

I wiil shocked if he coaches UCF in Peach Bowl. He works for us now. That's 30 more off season days.

If he is going to do this, he needs to keep 2-3 current assistants here recruiting full-time. We can't afford a month lull in recruiting.
Maybe that's what the reports were about keeping multiple current assistants here? I hope he cleans house by the time it's all said and done.

This is not good for Nebraska. Don’t waste time trying to spin it.

Yeah it is good for Nebraska.

We don’t know exactly what happened but I’ll bet one of Frosts stipulations was that he finish out this great season with his team he cares about.

So if we didn’t like that, we could be sitting here with no Frost and talking about some other lesser candidate still.

This is fine guys. One month isn’t the end of the world. His phone still can call people, he will be in Central Florida, his name will be in the news, especially if he goes undefeated. Recruits will notice if he took a winless team, stuck with his guys, and finished undefeated.

Everyone calm your panties.

Once the dead period hits...he can actually recruit the UCF football roster while preparing for the ball game. Time to get some transfers. Winking

If I’m a recruit, I don’t want to talk to an assistant. I want the HC! Learn about who I could be potentially playing for.
You do realize assistant coaches do the majority of the recruiting. They are the coaches these recruits are playing for as the assistant coaches spend the most time with those players. HC is usually more of a closure for recruits.

Couple things - as a UCF grad and fan wanted to extend congrats to Nebraska for getting a great head coach. He’s your guy and we get it - appreciate what he’s done for us, cant say thank you enough. That being said UCF’s program is still up and coming - we don’t get many opportunities like this to go undefeated (never actually) and play in a big time bowl (once before) so its great that coach Frost is staying to see this through - not just for the school but for the athletes who played hard for him.

Charge on! Coach Frost will always be welcomed in Orlando.

If he retains a few former coaches from Riley's staff, it works out great. It's not like they'll be coaching the bowl. I hope he keeps Keith Williams. That'll help us a ton.

Then talk to the coach. I’m sure UCF isn’t canceling his cell phone.
It’s just not the same. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame him for wanting to coach the bowl game. It may have been a stipulation and if that’s the case then I’m ok with it. I just want to salvage our recruiting class. What’s left of it

why is anybody upset with this? he made a commitment to the kids and is seeing this through alongside them. it shows the kind of man he is. my opinion is that it looks great for us as a whole. we obviously hired a great coach but we hired an even better man. if recruits and our own fans cant respect that then youre not what nebraska needs.

I don’t know if many of you read the stories in the KC Star or elsewhere about Kansas getting Jim Harbaugh as their HC back when Mangino was ousted. There was an agreement that he would take the Kansas job but wanted to coach the bowl game for Stanford. The athletic director at the time was Lew Perkins and he said No Bueno on the bowl game. Harbaugh told him to basically f’off and Kansas hired Turner Gill instead.

The moral of the story is not to mess with a good thing. If Frost wants to coach in the bowl game, let him coach in his bowl game. He will do recruiting for Nebraska up until the dead period.

I think its ok for us - I am surprised the AD at UCF is allowing this. What if some players at UCF feel separation anxiety and want to follow him

Personally, I view it as a win win situation Frosty coaches the ny6 bowl.

Think of all the good PR that both teams will get. Home town kid going to rescue his alma mater. Unstoppable UCF program, new HC to takeover where Frosty left off with Hiesman capable QB for two more years. I expect our recruiting profile to get a bounce from this publicity, and the de-commit list to be very small.

Commitment? He's the Nebraska head coach now, his obligations are to the University of Nebraska, not Central Florida.
He went undefeated this season and is the best young coach in the game. He can do whatever we wants.

Commitment? He's the Nebraska head coach now, his obligations are to the University of Nebraska, not Central Florida.
He doesn't have a check yet and he is committed to those kids. He will be the same when he comes to Nebraska. If you listened to his presser you could tell how passionate he is towards those kids. He gets 1 more game if he wants it. He has earned that right.

After hearing their AD speak, he is going to help with the transition, and some of the game-planning. It is still "up in the air" if he is actually on the sideline. That is AD-Speak for "my guy will be on the sideline". Assistant coaches have to stay though, they can't replace that many guys and still prepare for a beast of a team which is waiting for them. If we forced the assistants to leave the team I would hope frost would back out and stay at UCF, then we could have Bielema for an extra 30 days!

Reactions: Sinomatic
Couple things - as a UCF grad and fan wanted to extend congrats to Nebraska for getting a great head coach. He’s your guy and we get it - appreciate what he’s done for us, cant say thank you enough. That being said UCF’s program is still up and coming - we don’t get many opportunities like this to go undefeated (never actually) and play in a big time bowl (once before) so its great that coach Frost is staying to see this through - not just for the school but for the athletes who played hard for him.

Charge on! Coach Frost will always be welcomed in Orlando.
You're a lot classier than some of our "fans". Congratulations on a great season and good luck in the future.

Some "fans" and local media here will never be happy. All the speculation and guessing is over and he has been announced as our next head coach and that still isn't good enough for some. Our recruiting class will not hurt any more than it is already has been if he coaches the bowl game, if anything this shows his commitment and loyalty as not only a coach but a man and kids will notice that. He has one more game of an undefeated and conference winning season, let the man go out on his terms with the kids he gave his word to at the beginning and let him stay to finish a great season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT