ADVERTISEMENT

For the hire Frost now crew??

It is sad how desperate Nebraska fans have become. Living 20 years in the past and hoping that the coach of an American conference team, UCF, is going to “fix” what they perceive is wrong in Lincoln.

Discussions about coaching changes and wish lists used to involve Saban, Meyer, Stoops and guys of that rarefied air, and now it is the coach with one year experience at a level that is more or less FCS plus level competition and it hasn’t even been that impressive. Said coach if hired here for the 2018 season would fail in Lincoln. Hell, if he had grown up in any other state and played his college ball in that state, there is no one who would even mention him.
So Frost is guaranteed to fail if hired here? What makes you so confident?

I didn't lay on the sarcasm heavy enough.
I think most people got it perfectly. Next time you need to state your complete and utter hatred of Riley and how he's the worst football coach to ever walk this earth for Huskercigar to understand your viewpoint.

It takes five years to do a total overhaul of your roster. We are in the midst of transitioning now and pulling the plug on that now is a total reset with the present state of the roster.

If you can’t see that the primary problem is talent and depth, you don’t really understand the program.

We don’t need a total overhaul. It isn’t like we have the worst talent in the Big Ten. We have middle of the road talent with greatly underachieving coaches.

What we need in Husker Land is some kind of fricking show of improvement. Why can’t you Riley lovers see that? I don’t expect to win a National Championship anytime soon. But in year 3 of any coach I would expect to be better than 1 and 2. And certainly better than the guy that was fired.

Yet none of that is true.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? This guy agrees with you about Riley. What is this a "I hate Riley more than you do" game? I'm just waiting to see how long before Godwin's law comes into play.

Just to be clear to everyone, my hate for Mike Riley as a coach is as tall as the Empire State Building

I find it so ironic how reactionary the Pro-Bo guys still are. Nebraska is 3-2 through 5 games. One game off the expected pace with very clear improvement over that time and yet people are orgasmic over UCFs coach. It shows the bias against Riley that has people wanting to run him out so soon. If those people get their way, they deeeve to see the program deteriorate further as that brings it on.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
If Riley wins the west and beats Wisconsin or OSU do you REALLY think he will be fired at seasons end? And how miserable would you be??
no he would not and should not be fired. I would say if he beats Wisconsin and Iowa ,losses' to Penn st ,and Ohio st and keeps the losses reasonable he should get another year easily .

no he would not and should not be fired. I would say if he beats Wisconsin and Iowa ,losses' to Penn st ,and Ohio st and keeps the losses reasonable he should get another year easily .

If he does that he is the coach of the year and I will recommend a contract extension and a raise.

Sadly.....ain’t gonna happen. We got blowouts coming up folks.

Reactions: Jimmy Frank
Your whole premise is hypocritical and stupid and not worth addressing. You want the current guy fired but ignore the fact that by doing so it sets things back another 5 years. How patient are you going to be with a series of .500 football while The annointed golden boy learns how to actually be a head coach. The answer is that you will be calling for heads at the end of year two like you are now.

The MR hire hasn’t played out on the field but then again only looking at the results on Saturday is what makes so many fools of you all.
You of all people calling other posters stupid.Laughing

Reactions: Bugeater
The screen name was meant to be ironic. My screen name pic says it all.

Riley is an awful coach. I gasped in horror when he was first announced. Regarding SF, I'll have to watch some UCF games to see where this Frost love is coming from.
It takes five years to do a total overhaul of your roster. We are in the midst of transitioning now and pulling the plug on that now is a total reset with the present state of the roster.

If you can’t see that the primary problem is talent and depth, you don’t really understand the program.
Why would we hire a coach who requires a total overhaul of the roster to have any success? Not to mention, we seem to be going backwards instead of making progress. We have more than enough talent and depth to take care of unranked Oregon and NIU, yet we didn't.

I find it so ironic how reactionary the Pro-Bo guys still are. Nebraska is 3-2 through 5 games. One game off the expected pace with very clear improvement over that time and yet people are orgasmic over UCFs coach. It shows the bias against Riley that has people wanting to run him out so soon. If those people get their way, they deeeve to see the program deteriorate further as that brings it on.
Dudes were always around, just out now with the blood in the water. And the thought is that Frost is now ready. He has always been the holy grail for a chunk of the fan base. And he likely will be the next coach, but I would hope Riley gets a chance to win with his own roster.
2018 is a buzz saw of a schedule. I wouldn't say it's an ideal time to turn over a coaching staff unless this season becomes a true dumpster fire.

Reactions: timnsun
Nebraska plays UCF i hoops late November in Orlando ...would be a pretty easy chance to have an informal meeting if the season dictates

I didn’t even take time to read one of above replies, just simply saying Riley deserves 2 years minimum, if we can him after this season, recruiting will take a major blow and those holes that we have that are so glaring this year, will become twice as bad with a new coach and a new rebuild. We desperately need Riley to success because if he doesn’t, and some of you guys get what you want, and he gets canned. Our Huskers will not play for let alone get a conference title for another 5 years if not more. So yes, all for Riley to succeed and get this going and keep it going. And after a few years, I’d like to see him step down and THEN we get Frost (assuming he keeps progressing and continues to build UCF).

Enjoy losing to Troy next year

The Illinois game doesn't change a thing. MR needed to win it, and needs to keep winning if he wants to keep his job. Would love to see him run the table, or at least win the west but I have the same confidence as I did before Friday.

Reactions: nebcountry

We have more talent than NIU. And much more than Rutgers. Yet we lost to one and struggled with the other.

It does not take five years to overhaul a winning program. And if it was gonna take five years, why didn't the AD say that at the time to provide cover for the 63 or whatever year old coach he hired? Because he said we needed to win the games that mattered and we had the talent to win championships and he pointed out where Iowa was in relation to us. Yet, somehow he was plotting a five year overhaul with a coach coming off a 2-13 conference record.

So, you supported hiring a 63 year old coach to implement a five year make over of the program who had lost 13 of his last 15 PAC 12 games and you criticize other people's judgment?

You are either stupid or dishonest. Or both.
Wow.

This is a poor coaching staff by every measure. But, please make excuses. It's hilarious. Because we beat team with a 14 game conference losing streak and a team with 10 true freshmen. Aim High, Nebraska.

If Riley wins the west and beats Wisconsin or OSU do you REALLY think he will be fired at seasons end? And how miserable would you be??

Those are big "Ifs," because most realize it probably isn't going to happen. And why post this? Do you really think people want Riley to do poorly?

I don't care who is coaching for us, as long as they are winning games. I would be delighted if Mike Riley made a turnaround and beat both Wisconsin and Ohio State and took us to the B1G Championship game. But do I believe it will happen, based on what I've seen so far this year? Nope, not at all. We just beat two cellar dwellers in Rutgers and Illinois. I won't let that skew my opinions of this team, because both are really bad teams.

I still don't have a lot of confidence in Tanner Lee. He had wide open receivers he was completing passes to. But he was still making poor decisions, and missed some receivers that he needs to hit on a regular basis. He shouldn't be missing receivers on slant patterns.

If Riley is let go after this year, yes, I would be very pleased with getting Frost as our head coach, because his team plays with toughness, and appears to be very sound on defense. They went from 0-12 to winning 6 games last year, with true freshmen playing at the QB and RB position, and have blown out 3 teams so far this year. I know, 3 teams that aren't considered great, but Maryland still beat Texas, and didn't they beat Minnesota yesterday?

Last edited:
Reactions: otismotis08
I do, it's quite obvious with posts on this very forum.

I can't imagine anyone actually wanting Riley to do poorly. I understand how they may have lost some confidence in he and his staff's abilities to get their team ready. I know I have. Watching Eric Lee and Lamar Jackson bumbling around on the field has me very concerned with big games coming up.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I can't imagine anyone actually wanting Riley to do poorly. I understand how they may have lost some confidence in he and his staff's abilities to get their team ready. I know I have.
That's very nice that you apparently don't want him to do poorly. But come on, don't play stupid and act like nobody wants him to do poorly. It existed with Solich. It existed with Callahan. It existed with Bo. It exists with Riley. It will exist with the next coach, whoever it is.The only thing is hardly anybody has the guts to come right out and admit it. I sometimes think I'd rather some of these people just admit openly that they want the current coach to fail. Better to be seen a jerk than a liar.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
That's very nice that you apparently don't want him to do poorly. But come on, don't play stupid and act like nobody wants him to do poorly. It existed with Solich. It existed with Callahan. It existed with Bo. It exists with Riley. It will exist with the next coach, whoever it is.The only thing is hardly anybody has the guts to come right out and admit it. I sometimes think I'd rather some of these people just admit openly that they want the current coach to fail. Better to be seen a jerk than a liar.

The only reason why I can imagine people wanting him to do poorly is because they have enough evidence of him on film not putting the type of product on the field that they feel confident in being able to compete on a regular basis. It's not difficult to understand why they would want to make a change.

I just want to see how the season finishes out. If we win less than 8, yes, I would want to make a change at the top.

The only reason why I can imagine people wanting him to do poorly is because they have enough evidence of him on film not putting the type of product on the field that they feel confident in being able to compete on a regular basis. It's not difficult to understand why they would want to make a change.

I just want to see how the season finishes out. If we win less than 8, yes, I would want to make a change at the top.
There's never a legitimate reason for wanting your own team to lose. Never. Period. There shouldn't be a need to explain why.

If MR had us undefeated right now, I doubt you'd be seeing these types of messages.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
There's never a legitimate reason for wanting your own team to lose. Never. Period. There shouldn't be a need to explain why.

I disagree. If we get to the end of the year, and our administration is teetering on whether to keep or fire Riley at the end of year 3, a loss may benefit the program in getting a different coach that IMO would move the program forward significantly in his first year as head coach.

I disagree. If we get to the end of the year, and our administration is teetering on whether to keep or fire Riley at the end of year 3, a loss may benefit the program in getting a different coach that IMO would move the program forward significantly in his first year as head coach.

We aren’t making a significant step forward next year with a new head coach. Period.

No, just no. There is literally nothing worse a fan can do than cheer against their own team. It is so throughly revolting and disgusting I even have trouble fathoming how anybody could condone it, much less do it.

We have more talent than NIU. And much more than Rutgers. Yet we lost to one and struggled with the other.

It does not take five years to overhaul a winning program. And if it was gonna take five years, why didn't the AD say that at the time to provide cover for the 63 or whatever year old coach he hired? Because he said we needed to win the games that mattered and we had the talent to win championships and he pointed out where Iowa was in relation to us. Yet, somehow he was plotting a five year overhaul with a coach coming off a 2-13 conference record.

So, you supported hiring a 63 year old coach to implement a five year make over of the program who had lost 13 of his last 15 PAC 12 games and you criticize other people's judgment?

You are either stupid or dishonest. Or both.
Wow.

This is a poor coaching staff by every measure. But, please make excuses. It's hilarious. Because we beat team with a 14 game conference losing streak and a team with 10 true freshmen. Aim High, Nebraska.

There are no disputing these facts, yet the excuses never stop.

He gave two scenarios. Which is it guys? I’m guessing you are now going with the 5 year plan nonsense since the first one didn’t work out

Hopefully by year 5 we are back to Bo’s low point. Talk about a “5 year setback”. Jeez.

We aren’t making a significant step forward next year with a new head coach. Period.

Strongly disagree. People need to watch some film of UCF of what they looked like before Frost got there vs where they are a year and a half later. He instilled a toughness into his team from day 1.

Sorry, you're wrong.
We have such different ideas of being a fan then that we aren't even on the same planet. You sir, do not have anything in common with me. If you can't even agree on something that basic, we have nothing to talk about.

I know. I possess common sense.
Wanting your team to lose is common sense. OK, I've heard it all now. If it's OK to want your team to lose, then what are the rules? Is it OK for a fan to want us to lose the rest of our games? If not why not? Where do you draw the line?

I can't imagine anyone actually wanting Riley to do poorly. I understand how they may have lost some confidence in he and his staff's abilities to get their team ready. I know I have. Watching Eric Lee and Lamar Jackson bumbling around on the field has me very concerned with big games coming up.

I want Riley to either finish out like a coach of the year or fail so bad that he has to go no matter what.

It is the in between that scares me to death. Just enough to keep the Riley lovers on board which sounds like 6-6 (yuck!). And then we head into 2018 with this crap and end up letting him go after another mediocre waste of a year and we are still in the same situation.

What changes then? Does this recruiting that everyone uses as an excuse to keep poor coaches somehow resolve itself? We don’t have a problem keeping recruits then? I really really don’t understand these excuses.

Whenever you let the guy go it is going to be a class you have to salvage.

How would you know? Depends who we get. A significant improvement in coaching will show on the damn field. A lot of our problems, excuse me...damn near all of our problems come from the coaching staff.

Physical toughness, mental toughness, better Xs and Os, and a prepared team wins a lot more games. Probably would be undefeated right now if we had that.

He should be hired immediately
Yep-let's fire Mike Riley tomorrow and tell Scott Frost we want you to come in immediately and coach us this week. I'm sure he'd be on the next plane here. Screw those players at UCF he'd be leaving behind. And screw those players at Nebraska who don't know who the heck he is.I'm sure he can get his offense installed in 5 days, can't he? I mean he's practically God, isn't he?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT