ADVERTISEMENT

For the hire Frost now crew??

If Riley wins the west and beats Wisconsin or OSU do you REALLY think he will be fired at seasons end? And how miserable would you be??
Time will tell. Maybe Riley will shock the world and win 7 games, but I doubt it. We played the worst two and possibly three teams in a row on our schedule and didn't look very good in the process. The offense is going to have a very tough time in the upcoming weeks and we will find out how good our defense really is.

Reactions: Wasker77
Hire Frost now? I've been looking for people like this but can't find them.
tenor.gif

Can't speak for all but I wouldn't be miserable. I'd be happy as hell if that happened.

But if it doesn't, I think we need Tom to recruit Frost again. TO's 1 for 2 in recruiting him though, so not a sure thing. Ha

If your miserable after your team wins it's division you better stop watching football
You know good and well there are people who would be. Some people don't care one bit about anything except getting their Husker savior here to bring the 90s back, because we all know it's so obvious it's going to happen. They only want the team to win when the "right" coach is here.

If he wins the west, no chance he is fired IMO.
It's a real problem that somebody has to state what should be incredibly obvious and then have to hedge on it a little bit by saying "IMO". To me, that's like saying "winning is good, IMO".

You know good and well there are people who would be. Some people don't care one bit about anything except getting their Husker savior here to bring the 90s back, because we all know it's so obvious it's going to happen. They only want the team to win when the "right" coach is here.
I don't think people expect that. They see how much Frost has improved the product at UCF in two years and wonder what he could do back here. UCF looks like a very good team all the way around. Riley has a soft team with no offensive identity who still makes a lot of mental mistakes. I think people see hope with a guy like a Frost who will bring a physical mentality back to Nebraska on both sides of the ball. We have yet to see it in year three with Riley who took over a a 9 win team. Frost took over a 0 win team and you see vast improvement quickly. Riley will be very lucky to get to 6 wins in year three. It comes back to coaching. Riley hasn't maximized his talent and now we have his guy at qb and we are worse off.

Some people "see the writing on the wall" and Riley winning the division "would only be delaying the inevitable (ala Callahan) and we'd end up missing on "the next Osborne". Literally a real life conversation I had on Facebook.

How miserable would you be if Frost wins 10-11 this year and goes to a Tennessee or UCLA and Riley "does enough" to survive the next year or 2 and then finally get's canned?

Let's stop with hypotheticals that are never happening like NU beating OSU.
Slim to none and slim left about 20 years ago.

Some people "see the writing on the wall" and Riley winning the division "would only be delaying the inevitable (ala Callahan) and we'd end up missing on "the next Osborne". Literally a real life conversation I had on Facebook.
The odds of Riley winning the division in the next two years are probably less than 5 percent. If he gets to 7 wins this year, and gets another year, next year is tougher. What do you do in year four if Riley hasn't competed for a division? In reality he probably will never come in 2nd in the west which is more sad.

Reactions: HudsonValleyHusker
How miserable would you be if Frost wins 10-11 this year and goes to a Tennessee or UCLA and Riley "does enough" to survive the next year or 2 and then finally get's canned?

If Riley does enough to survive the next 2 years, the next coach will be walking into a team loaded with talent and is nationally relevant again.

Reactions: gomerxx
And you're cheering for it too, aren't you? Have you sent away for your Wisconsin gear yet? You might as well because it's clear who you're cheering for.

For the record, If Nebraska can win the games against the non top 25 teams and only lose to OSU, Wisconsin, and Penn St I think he should be retained if he can keep the recruiting class in tack. If Nebraska could win 1 of those top 3 team matchups I would be happy has hell and celebrate it as a move in the right direction. I would be pleased as punch to finish 8-4. However, I don't see it happening. Does that mean I'm rooting for it? No, I'm not. But if what I expect to happen happens then yes we should go after Frost full throttle .

Reactions: WHCSC and Wasker77
"The next Osborne". Wow. I really don't even know how to respond to that.

I don't think people expect that. They see how much Frost has improved the product at UCF in two years and wonder what he could do back here. UCF looks like a very good team all the way around. Riley has a soft team with no offensive identity who still makes a lot of mental mistakes. I think people see hope with a guy like a Frost who will bring a physical mentality back to Nebraska on both sides of the ball. We have yet to see it in year three with Riley who took over a a 9 win team. Frost took over a 0 win team and you see vast improvement quickly. Riley will be very lucky to get to 6 wins in year three. It comes back to coaching. Riley hasn't maximized his talent and now we have his guy at qb and we are worse off.
Frost took over a team that was conference champions in 2010, 2013 and 2014. In 2013 ucf went to a BCS bowl and beat the #6 ranked team. They won 47 games between 2010 and 2014. Yep the program was in terrible dispair.

Miserable? Why should we be miserable about that? Believe it or not, some of us don't think Scott Frost is the only person on this earth who can make this program great again. And there's also no guarantee he succeeds anywhere anyway. Good grief-the guy is 9-7 at UCF, and people are ready to crown him as the biggest sure thing ever. I shudder to think what the hype machine would be like for him if he had a record over his first two seasons like Tom Herman did.

Reactions: Wasker77
If Riley wins the west and beats Wisconsin or OSU do you REALLY think he will be fired at seasons end? And how miserable would you be??

San Diego State seems to be having an easy time against NIU (31-14 at Halftime) and Rutgers got trampled by Ohio State. Teams are different from week to week, but that doesn't bode well for the Huskers in future games.

Speaking only as a fan that thinks Riley is not a good coach; I could care less about bringing Frost back. I hope they hire a thorough search committee and take their recommendations seriously and hire the best candidate. That being said Frost has been an OC at a big time school that enjoyed success during his tenure there (yea yea I know Kelly probably called plays) and is doing well at a mid level school that was abysmal (0-12 right?) before he arrived. So to paint Frost as an unfit HC for a big time program is ridiculous. If Frost continues on this trajectory it will be similar to Herman.

San Diego State seems to be having an easy time against NIU (31-14 at Halftime) and Rutgers got trampled by Ohio State. Teams are different from week to week, but that doesn't bode well for the Huskers in future games.

I think it's fair to say that a while lot of teams improve from week to week, NU has one of the widest gulfs between how bad we were and how good we can be.

Speaking only as a fan that thinks Riley is not a good coach; I could care less about bringing Frost back. I hope they hire a thorough search committee and take their recommendations seriously and hire the best candidate. That being said Frost has been an OC at a big time school that enjoyed success during his tenure there (yea yea I know Kelly probably called plays) and is doing well at a mid level school that was abysmal (0-12 right?) before he arrived. So to paint Frost as an unfit HC for a big time program is ridiculous. If Frost continues on this trajectory it will be similar to Herman.
I don't think he's completely unfit to be a head coach at a big time program. I just don't think he's anywhere near the guaranteed success some people do. And that has nothing to do with him personally. I thought Tom Herman was overhyped too.

I don't think he's completely unfit to be a head coach at a big time program. I just don't think he's anywhere near the guaranteed success some people do. And that has nothing to do with him personally. I thought Tom Herman was overhyped too.

Name one coach who would look at the job who's guaranteed to succeed?
No one can predict that. I'm certainly not saying Frost would be a guaranteed success.

On the other hand hiring a veteran head coach who never had lasting sustained success, that's more of a guarantee to failure IMO

I don't think Riley knew exactly what he signed up for.
I was just thinking about this exact thing today. I was remembering he said on his way to the first Spring Game people were tailgating and throwing footballs around and it looked like a big family picnic. What he didn't understand about all the smiling Nebraska family members is they smile until you bring potato salad to the picnic with too much mayonnaise. Then the whole community turns on you, shuns you, and drives you out. Doesn't make us terrible people, it is just the way we are. The key is to bring good stuff to the picnic.

99.9% probability we lose at least 4 more games? That's ridiculous. Don't let your desire cloud your judgment. I think you're going to be disappointed.

I would say their are decent odds that we lose to Wisconsin OSU PSU and Iowa. 50/50 Northwestern and Minnesota

His dismissal is a done deal. It doesn't matter who he beats or how many wins he gets. The plan is in motion already. I am not some Riley basher, but if you can't read between the lines, you need to learn a bit more on how college athletics work.

His dismissal is a done deal. It doesn't matter who he beats or how many wins he gets. The plan is in motion already. I am not some Riley basher, but if you can't read between the lines, you need to learn a bit more on how college athletics work.
Flat-out lie, proven on another thread.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I agree. I am not on board with Frost being the head coach. However, his team would beat Nebraska by ten points if they played today. They have much better resources than Nebraska, better facilities, more money and....never mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT