ADVERTISEMENT

Florio's comments about Mahomes??

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Seems pretty tone deaf to blatantly suggest you trade a 15 yard penalty to try and intentionally go the extta mile to hurt him. Yikes.

Best part of Florio’s quote was suggesting they do it inside the 5 yard line because then it would only cost SF 2 yards.

So this wasn’t some off the cuff moment of stupid...this was calculated stupidity. Let’s try and put the most exciting player in the league out of the game because he’s good at his job. What a f@$#*ing clown.

Best part of Florio’s quote was suggesting they do it inside the 5 yard line because then it would only cost SF 2 yards.

So this wasn’t some off the cuff moment of stupid...this was calculated stupidity. Let’s try and put the most exciting player in the league out of the game because he’s good at his job. What a f@$#*ing clown.
I guarantee you that the Niner DC will not shed any tears if they manage to knock Mahommes out of the game. They're not supposed to say it anymore, but no doubt that is one of the goals of the defense. It would seem apparent to me that Nebraska's opponents have that goal in mind given some of the cheap shot leg twists Martinez has taken the past 2 years.

Reactions: Can o' corn

I'm not niave enough to think some players don't already think like this, but to advocate it, is basically saying "The ends justifies the means" and right now especially, in the times we currently live in, I freaking hate that kind of thinking...I'd like to think there is a certain level of respect NFL players have for their fellow men in a game that is already violent enough, that you just don't say that....let alone do it.

I guarantee you that the Niner DC will not shed any tears if they manage to knock Mahommes out of the game. They're not supposed to say it anymore, but no doubt that is one of the goals of the defense. It would seem apparent to me that Nebraska's opponents have that goal in mind given some of the cheap shot leg twists Martinez has taken the past 2 years.

No doubt. I am a longtime Chiefs fan and I fully expect the 49ers to try and hit Mahomes—that’s part of the game. My problem is Florio advocates for hitting Mahomes outside the rules with illegal hits in an effort to injure a player. No one should advocate for that and I would hope no player goes on the field hoping to injure another player.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT