ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Walker: Man He Could Play

Dec 9, 2017
Not sure what tripped in my head, but I'm still amazed to this day how a deaf guy could be such a beast.

"Play to the whistle and even an echo after". Some would say.

Greatest thing about Kenny is I don't recall him ever getting a penalty for jumping offsides, playing after the whistle, or any kind of hooliganism.

Kenny, just flat played. And played amazingly well. He even got a shot with the Denver Broncos in the NFL. A truly special player.

What a great & inspiring player. I still get a little emotional thinking about his senior day and Memorial Stadium responding to his intro with the deaf cheer.

On campus at the time, and the football players would roll into the Rec Center and plays hoops quite a bit.

Kenny was a monster. He'd just flat foot rise and dunk all day. Impossible for white boy Nebraska kid to block out or even try to get a rebound. They'd hold court as long as Kenny would want to play and stay.

He was 6'4" Shaq. You couldn't move him, and he was just so big and physical that his space was his space and 3 feet around him at all times.

And such a good dude. Everybody loved Kenny.

Reactions: TFrazier
Not sure what tripped in my head, but I'm still amazed to this day how a deaf guy could be such a beast.

"Play to the whistle and even an echo after". Some would say.

Greatest thing about Kenny is I don't recall him ever getting a penalty for jumping offsides, playing after the whistle, or any kind of hooliganism.

Kenny, just flat played. And played amazingly well. He even got a shot with the Denver Broncos in the NFL. A truly special player.

One of my favorite Huskers ever. Always wondered how great Walker could've been had he got to play in that 4-3 that our great REs like Trev, Wistrom, Rucker, VandenBosch, etc got to play in.

Granted he was still great but had he came along in like 93 I wonder what kinda sack numbers he puts up.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT