ADVERTISEMENT

Flipping the roster

ajehealth

Walk On
Mar 4, 2014
Frost is going to be getting the roster flipped than any person imagined. 7 players have left since Frost came here that were not completing their eligibility last season. And we are still at 84 scholarships tonight and have room for a grad transfer at CB.

Wouldn't surprise me if 65% of the roster going into the 2019 season is all Frost recruits/transfers in.

When Frost was hired the QB room was Lee, POB, Darlington as an emergency, the walk-on, and Gebbia.

By the time the 2019 season arrives the QB room will likely be: Gebbia, Martinez, Vedral, and two 2019 commits.

Major turnover at the RB spot too.

I love it. Get the roster flipped as quickly as possible to it the Frost system.

200.gif

Glad to see it. Major issue I had with Riley. Blame the talent but don't turn your roster over quickly isn't a formula. Gotta choose one.

None of the current player drop off is unexpected. Best of luck to all that depart. I think Frost is handling his business the way it needs to be done in this day and age.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Frost is going to be getting the roster flipped than any person imagined. 7 players have left since Frost came here that were not completing their eligibility last season. And we are still at 84 scholarships tonight and have room for a grad transfer at CB.

Wouldn't surprise me if 65% of the roster going into the 2019 season is all Frost recruits/transfers in.

When Frost was hired the QB room was Lee, POB, Darlington as an emergency, the walk-on, and Gebbia.

By the time the 2019 season arrives the QB room will likely be: Gebbia, Martinez, Vedral, and two 2019 commits.

I love it. Get the roster flipped as quickly as possible to it the Frost system.
Have you ever thought about trying to get a job in the recruiting department at NU?

But was that the case with Ward? He hasn't even played yet.
Don't know if he chose to go or if it was suggested that he go. But I like that they have been open about seeking out talent upgrades ASAP from JUCO and transfers.

The big boys are signing big classes and letting non-contributors go.

To get to 65% frost recruits by 2019 youd need 18 more non frost to leave in the next year. Thats not happening, and you dont want it to....theres gonna be some good players from the 2016 and 17 classes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT