ADVERTISEMENT

Updated roster- position changes

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven

— Nebraska’s updated roster also includes players who have signed, but are not yet on campus and won’t go through spring ball. When those players are factored into the mix, the Husker roster sits at 149 players.
— Redshirt freshman Jason Maciejczak is listed as an offensive lineman on the current roster update, while redshirt freshman lineman Mason Goldman is listed on the defensive side of the ball.
— Veteran Nebraska guard Ethan Piper is no longer listed on the roster. Piper suffered a serious season-ending knee injury in the win over Northwestern and was seen on the sidelines toward the end of the regular season in a wheelchair watching his teammates going through warmups.
— Nebraska made official the move of former defensive lineman Ru’Quan Buckley from the defensive side of the ball to the offensive side of the ball.
Rhule said in November that he believes Buckley “is going to be a dynamic guard.”

— Nebraska redshirt freshmen Jeremiah Charles and Brice Turner are both listed as defensive backs. Charles and Turner spent time on both sides of the ball before transitioning over to defensive back late in the season in 2023. Defensive backs coach Evan Cooper and wide receivers coach Garret McGuire had been vocal in the fall with claiming both of the players for their respective side of the ball.

— Senior wide receiver Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda remains on the roster after suffering a season-ending knee injury last year against Minnesota.

Not really a position change, but it appears Kaine Williams is gone and Piper is no longer listed on the roster. As some predicted the roster churn continues as time goes on. Worry about the 85 is kinda dumb.

Agree. I think the worry about 85 is always overblown. IDK why we are so worried about having too many scholarship players every year.

Agree. I think the worry about 85 is always overblown. IDK why we are so worried about having too many scholarship players every year.
I honestly think there's only 1, maybe 2 on here who "worry" about getting to 85.

I(and a few others I assume) do know that Nebraska has to cut some players to get to 85 though, and I am somewhat interested in who those guys are.

Reactions: bigREDuglies
I honestly think there's only 1, maybe 2 on here who "worry" about getting to 85.

I(and a few others I assume) do know that Nebraska has to cut some players to get to 85 though, and I am somewhat interested in who those guys are.
Oh I'm for sure interested in who. I'll take all the off season info I can. And you might be right that most are probably not really worried. But always seems some are, and I'll never understand that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT