ADVERTISEMENT

Eno Benjamin & Calloway...

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
Iowa cancelled these kids Official visit this weekend because Ferentz is upset they are visiting other stchools while committed to the Hawks. This is coming from a very good friend of mine that follows the Hawks closely. He thinks it could be more that the kick off is at 11 and could be tough to get in from Texas but according to him a Rivals moderator said it was Kirk putting his foot down? Eno has been a big recruiter for Iowa, if they lose that kid they could lose a lot more than just him. Damian Daniels is supposed to be in Iowa City this weekend as well, but I wonder if that changes if the word is true that Calloway is not going anymore? Intereseting nugget to think about and pay attention to.

Where to start?

Damion Daniels isn't visiting this weekend. His dad says he wants to decide by December 1. They will still try to get to Iowa but it's not looking promising for the Hawks.

Word is that Chevin wants to come to Iowa but his parents are pushing really hard for him to stay closer to home. Arkansas, Texas, Ole Miss. His official visit is scheduled for January and wasn't visiting this weekend.

Eno too visits to Missouri and ASU but didn't tell the coaches. That apparently rubbed them the wrong way and they told him not to visit Iowa City until he was done with other visits. Same was told to Calloway. Eno is tweeting that he is all in for Iowa and did an interview yesterday saying everything is now well with the coaches and he isn't visiting anywhere else.

Iowa has a strong no visits once you are committed policy. It's even written on the official offer letter that commits get. This is the same thing that happened with Noah Fant last year if you guys remember that story.

Benjamin cleared things up in an interview with HN Monday morning.

“I’m not sure where that came from, but everything will be good. We’re working on fixing things with the relationship. (The coaches) weren’t too happy about the visits, but we have spoken on the subject and I’m still a Hawkeye,” Benjamin told HN.

Benjamin said this week’s Iowa official visit was canceled because of logistics.

“Everything just didn’t work. We couldn’t coordinate certain stuff,” he said.

With the high school season winding down, Benjamin hasn’t rescheduled his Iowa visit yet.

“Things are about to get very tricky heading into playoffs in a few weeks, so I am honestly not sure when I’ll take it,” he said.

On thing is for sure, Iowa will be the only school he visits, Benjamin said.

http://hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/appears-well-eno-iowa

I don't think Iowa has much to worry about with Eno.

Calloway though... That may be a different story.

I don't think Iowa has much to worry about with Eno.

Calloway though... That may be a different story.
Ya. The Iowa rivals people don't feel good about it. Meaning his parents are probably going to get their way. Calloway visited this summer but I don't know if his parents came. Hopefully, he can visit in January and his parents can come and see what he loves about Iowa. He is a huge recruit as his videos are so physical. Total lockdown defender.

Thanks for the info guys.... I like to talk to my buddy about recruiting and it's always good to hear from other people as well. Good stuff, Eno looks like a stud. I haven't seen any film on Calloway but I will take a look.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Ferentz specifically tells them to NOT commit if they aren't done pretty simple you hold a place for them and pass over other recruits . We need an early signing period bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT