ADVERTISEMENT

Ed Morrow Jr Transferring

Morrow can't throw it in the ocean from outside of 5 feet. Morrow can only play the 5 and has nothing to do with Jacobsen other than that Jacobsen is going to have to play more minutes at the 5 with Ed bailing out on his teammates. Jacobsen shot it pretty damned well from outside of 10 feet as a freshman and he can at least make an occasional 3. Ideally hes not the guy you want shooting 3s but if they don't guard him, hell yeah I want him to shoot it.
Of course you want Jacobson to shoot the three, because you're convinced that going 7-for-39 his first two years in the program is just an inexplicable slump and his shots are going to start falling anytime now. Unfortunately they actually keep stats in basketball, so you don't just get to say that [guy you happen to like] can do this well or do that well, when the facts scream otherwise.

And while I agree that Morrow can't shoot, it's interesting to note that as freshmen, Jacobson shot 43% on 2-point jump shots while Morrow made 47%. Jacobson drained a whopping 18% of his 3-point shots, while Morrow had the good sense not to take any. But Jacobson shot the ball pretty damned well as a freshman - because you say so.

And here's a new one: Making an occasional 3 = less than one per month over two seasons

I'll bet opposing coaches are just crapping themselves over how to defend that kind of an offensive weapon.

Last edited:
I would love to see a poll of the other Big Ten coaches with the question being: You need a guy to play power forward and fill in at the 5 in a pinch, and you can have either Michael Jacobson or Ed Morrow. I put the over/under on the number choosing Jacobson at zero.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
NU Hoops...the only team in the nation that gets better as players leave.

NU Hoops...the only team in the nation that has freshmen that will all be so much better the next season...while the other teams freshmen will not get any better.
This.

Eichorst better have a coaching search plan in place, because this program is imploding before our eyes. Anyone who still thinks Miles is going to turn this sinking ship around is delusional. As I have said in the past, I was on the fence about Miles and his future here. I have had serious doubts about whether or not he could turn this around, but I also realize that the coaching carousel is a bad thing. I am on the fence no longer. If he does not make it to the dance this year he should be gone.

IMO this isn't all Miles's fault(trust me I wanted Miles gone in January so I'm not sticking up for him), but from the article Morrow told those close to him & I state "He had hoped to play more at wing or forward in the future to develop his professional prospects instead of continuing to operate inside".

Kids are in this game for themselves now days. TEAM is mostly just a term without meaning for most of these guys.

Spoiler alert...We're not making the dance next year and Miles is a dead man walking who lost his appetite to be here but won't walk away for obvious reasons. Raging sideline lunatic behavior aside, it's Bo part deux, also minus the nasty recording setting fire the building on his way out the door towards the place that made him a multi-millionaire.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
IMO this isn't all Miles's fault(trust me I wanted Miles gone in January so I'm not sticking up for him), but from the article Morrow told those close to him & I state "He had hoped to play more at wing or forward in the future to develop his professional prospects instead of continuing to operate inside".

Kids are in this game for themselves now days. TEAM is mostly just a term without meaning for most of these guys.
Exactly and Ed does not even remotely have the skills to play on the wing and probably never will. I've never seen a forward either that couldn't reasonably put the ball on the floor. His skills are limited.

I was waiting for the "he wasn't a team guy" post...Uh oh
Transfers are always me-first malcontents who just didn't get the playing time or role that they wanted at their old school.

Except for Gill, Palmer and Copeland. They are keys pieces who are going to blend in nicely next year.

Transfers are always me-first malcontents who just didn't get the playing time or role that they wanted at their old school.

Except for Gill, Palmer and Copeland. They are keys pieces who are going to blend in nicely next year.
Ha!!! Well played!

It's a fact of life in college basketball in particular. Guys leave and try to find a better fit and more playing time. What you hope is that the guy's "me" is something that can help your team. Copeland's basketball skills are >>>> than Ed's. We'll see how it all works out.

Ed Morrow was the 52nd ranked player by ESPN coming out of High School. You think this kid wasn't told that he could be an NBA player? He had plenty of opportunities at other schools that have had no problem recruiting the 5 spot. I highly doubt Miles told Morrow that he was coming in to be a 5. 100% Miles fault.

Ed Morrow was the 52nd ranked player by ESPN coming out of High School. You think this kid wasn't told that he could be an NBA player? He had plenty of opportunities at other schools that have had no problem recruiting the 5 spot. I highly doubt Miles told Morrow that he was coming in to be a 5. 100% Miles fault.
Everything is Miles's fault. Ed can't shoot from outside. Ed can't dribble. Hell Ed's foot injury I'm sure was caused by Miles. The Miles lynch mob is out in full force. IF Ed is in so much demand, I'm sure he'll land at KU or Kentucky.

Everything is Miles's fault. Ed can't shoot from outside. Ed can't dribble. Hell Ed's foot injury I'm sure was caused by Miles. The Miles lynch mob is out in full force. IF Ed is in so much demand, I'm sure he'll land at KU or Kentucky.
West Virginia...I could also see Butler or Marquette...

Reactions: Suvey101885

It's been a VERY rough three years for you and your South Dakotan brother. With another miserable year on the basketball court an another key transfer I don't think I will be getting blasted as much this offseason for my thoughts on Miles inability to lead this program.

So it is still March how many more will transfer? Is Watson next? I was a Miles supporter till the last 7 games and that is now out of my system. There is one poster that will support him forever and just about everyone else is off the train.

I bought season tickets in the mid 80"s right after I got out of UNL keep them till Danny;s last two years gave them up till we hired Miles. I will not renew them for next year I have seen enough bad offence and no defense to save the 2 hour drive and $. The only way it appears to get rid of miles is to let him coach in an empty arena.

Oh and who can we get?????? It would seem that to not try is just giving up might as well let anyone else try and lose ( or hopefully win ) as what we have seen to end the last 3 seasons.

I agree to an extent with what you are saying, but if there were any thoughts that this team will be decent next year with Miles staying, I think he'd stay.

It's been a VERY rough three years for you and your South Dakotan brother. With another miserable year on the basketball court an another key transfer I don't think I will be getting blasted as much this offseason for my thoughts on Miles inability to lead this program.
Well we'll see now won't we. Your disdain for Miles has been evident for over a year now. IMO it's sink of swim for Miles this year and Ed bailing out isn't going to help. We needed him to provide some minutes in the paint. Hopefully Copeland helps or else you'll get your wish, Miles will be gone and you can gloat even more vociferously. Then we'll start all over with another "up and comer" cuz no established coach would ever come to this coaching graveyard.

Morrow leaving only concerns me from a standpoint of his work ethic, energy and him being the son of alums. Ed was a guy without a position. He's undersized for a big, struggles at the line, can't dribble and can't shoot from outside of 5 feet. He gets abused on defense by opposing bigs and the necessity of having to help on his guy ALL the time, in some part contributed to our terrible perimeter defense. Hopefully Jordy and a newcomer can take up the slack but from a purely basketball standpoint, I don't think he's as big of a loss as some think. It appeared to me that we struggled on both ends late in the season when he was in the game. He should be a role player off the bench in limited minutes in the B1G. IF Miles told him that his minutes were going to be tougher to come by (as they should be) then I can see why he might want to leave. I know this will ruffle some feathers, but that's the way I see it. People want to bring up 6-7 guys that played in the paint in the NBA, but those guys could all shoot the ball. Ed can't or at least hasn't shown that he can. Fire away. I call it like I see it.

So how did we beat Maryland and Indiana with Morrow playing 35+ minutes? Then, when Morrow gets hurt, we lose to nearly everyone?

Well we'll see now won't we. Your disdain for Miles has been evident for over a year now. IMO it's sink of swim for Miles this year and Ed bailing out isn't going to help. We needed him to provide some minutes in the paint. Hopefully Copeland helps or else you'll get your wish, Miles will be gone and you can gloat even more vociferously. Then we'll start all over with another "up and comer" cuz no established coach would ever come to this coaching graveyard.

Unfortunately, Miles only continues to prove me right over and over again. Hopefully something clicks in the offseason as I don't know if I can take another year of bad basketball and a rocky offseason.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It's a fact of life in college basketball in particular. Guys leave and try to find a better fit and more playing time. What you hope is that the guy's "me" is something that can help your team. Copeland's basketball skills are >>>> than Ed's. We'll see how it all works out.

Morrow 9 points, 7 boards vs Maryland. 12 points 10 boards vs Indiana. 2 points (on 1 of 3 shooting in 23 minutes) 13 boards against Creighton. He gets hurt, season goes to hell. Oh he's no good. Laughing

Yes guys transfer all the time. Most if the time it is guys who were not getting to play. Miles in the last two years has lost his #1 scorer and a guy who can potentially get double doubles. Apples and oranges!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Unfortunately, Miles only continues to prove me right over and over again. Hopefully something clicks in the offseason as I don't know if I can take another year of bad basketball and a rocky offseason.
I'm surprised you used the word "unfortunately" because my impression the whole season has been that you've been rooting for Miles to fail. When NU beat Purdue, Maryland and Indiana did Miles prove you right too?

Sink or swim for Miles next year? RollingLaugh

Lets see, we have a coach, who just had a huge PR hit yesterday, and will not have his contract extended for a 2nd straight year. Next season will be like Star Wars Episode 3. We know what the end result will be, we just aren't exactly sure how we will get there.

Petteway sat his first year at NU. He was averaging I think under 2 points a game at TTech(?) when he left there. I would say he got better. He was still just a volume shooter and good defender but he was all we had. I'll worry about negative hypotheticals IF they happen. I doubt that a guy that has been told that we need him to play a ton of minutes and step up his scoring is going anywhere.

No kidding he sat as a transfer. Was he a better player in his second year of eligibility playing on the court for the University of Nebraska? No. He saw he was on a sinking ship and bailed.

Morrow 9 points, 7 boards vs Maryland. 12 points 10 boards vs Indiana. 2 points (on 1 of 3 shooting in 23 minutes) 13 boards against Creighton. He gets hurt, season goes to hell. Oh he's no good. Laughing

Yes guys transfer all the time. Most if the time it is guys who were not getting to play. Miles in the last two years has lost his #1 scorer and a guy who can potentially get double doubles. Apples and oranges!
He's an energy rebounder and that's about it. Can't defend better bigs and can't shoot free throws. 1 of 3 shooting against Creighton in 23 minutes...ouch. BTW, he came back from injury and the season slipped deeper. A more skilled player is going to take his minutes.

Exactly and Ed does not even remotely have the skills to play on the wing and probably never will. I've never seen a forward either that couldn't reasonably put the ball on the floor. His skills are limited.

It is funny how a lot of player's skills are limited in the Nebraska offense.

Lol at the delusional Miles supporters who were SO SO SO worried about losing players if Miles was canned. Newsflash...Miles is the problem!
I may finally be jumping on board your hate train. This is unacceptable. Morrow is one of those players that Nebraska could not afford to lose

No kidding he sat as a transfer. Was he a better player in his second year of eligibility playing on the court for the University of Nebraska? No. He saw he was on a sinking ship and bailed.
He bailed because he wanted to get paid. His biological clock was ticking and he wanted to get paid before he turned 40. Thought he might stick with the Hawks which frankly surprised me at the time.

He's an energy rebounder and that's about it. Can't defend better bigs and can't shoot free throws. 1 of 3 shooting against Creighton in 23 minutes...ouch. BTW, he came back from injury and the season slipped deeper. A more skilled player is going to take his minutes.

Keep repeating that, and maybe someone besides you will believe that.

He bailed because he wanted to get paid. His biological clock was ticking and he wanted to get paid before he turned 40. Thought he might stick with the Hawks which frankly surprised me at the time.

And because he was not stupid and saw absolutely no upside to staying here.

Our offense has nothing to do with a guy that has middle school dribbling and shooting ability.

It absolutely does. Nebraska's offense makes players look like $#&%. If you can't see that then I don't know what the hell you have been looking at for the past 5 seasons.
Like I've said about Watson, if I were him, I'd get the hell out of town too, because he'd be twice the player he is now if he were at a place like Creighton.

I'm surprised you used the word "unfortunately" because my impression the whole season has been that you've been rooting for Miles to fail. When NU beat Purdue, Maryland and Indiana did Miles prove you right too?

Actually, I would much rather have Miles work out and build a winner. It has zero to do with Miles and everything to do with his shitty results. And no, beating Purdue/Maryland/Indiana didn't prove me right....did those wins get us into the Big Dance? No? Oh, probably because even after those wins we were 11-19 against D-1 competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT