ADVERTISEMENT

Ed Morrow Jr Transferring

With the news...I do wish he fired Miles. Hindsight 20/20 but bad move by Eichorst hitching his wagon to Miles. Who by the way...is another failed hire by our former AD.
Agree. Miles and Boehm should be boxing shit up. Eichorst soon if he keeps listening to the bitching about axing Osborne hires.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Really? Why? If it was anybody else who hired him, you wouldn't be saying that. He bears absolutely no blame whatsoever for hiring him?

Why because TO is no longer the AD. Second it's Eichorst job to find the next Head Coach after 3 losing seasons and finishing in the last 4 every year in conference play.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
The whole "I told you so" comes from the people who saw the crap coming out of PBA a mile away but were blasted for it by the super fans. The excuses for Nebrasketball get old very quickly. The program is crap. Hopefully, when Miles is canned next year we take it seriously this go around.

I agree. I'm not a Nebrasketball super fan, but I do know that my previous thought to retain Miles was a good thing was misguided. I was on the fence about it just because I don't know who else wants to come coach here. It's a freaking debacle of the quick coaching wheel here. But now that we are the literal worst D-1, Power 5 school in college basketball history—like you said—the time for excuses is over. Craig Smith was the mastermind behind the puppet.

I feel terrible
I'm sure you do. Sidenote: Which double play is your username in reference of?

Reactions: scarletred
OK-I'm not going to sit here and tell you that this isn't bad. But come on-some of you are losing your freakin' minds over this. You would think Ed Morrow, Jr. is the greatesr athlete to ever walk the Nebraska campus in any sport the way people are going nutso over this. For the record, I was OK with firing Miles myself, but come on people.

OK-I'm not going to sit here and tell you that this isn't bad. But come on-some of you are losing your freakin' minds over this. You would think Ed Morrow, Jr. is the greatesr athlete to ever walk the Nebraska campus in any sport the way people are going nutso over this. For the record, I was OK with firing Miles myself, but come on people.

You have to admit this is the biggest loss of all the transfers and a big piece to the rebounding puzzle on both ends for next years team.

No. He was just 1/2 of the most talented players on the roster who hasn't been developed for shit his entire time at Nebraska. Now, heading into his junior year, he is going to play for someone else leaving us an inside presence of dog shit...so dead man walking Miles can get another year.

I figured Watson would be first. Still think he might go. Horne and Fuller were no brainers.
The thing that scares me is that NU has thrown out a bunch of offers to guards in the last week or two. A few are jucos. Does that mean we are losing Watson too? The coaches knew months ago they needed more guards, but all of a sudden decided a week ago to start carpet bombing the guard market?

You have to admit this is the biggest loss of all the transfers and a big piece to the rebounding puzzle on both ends for next years team.
Didn't say it wasn't a big loss, but this idea that we should reverse course and go ahead and fire Miles now is ridiculous. You're going to let the decision of a player to transfer determine a coach's job? I'm sure that would make other potential coaches really want to come here-knowing that their job security could be decided by the whims of a player.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The thing that scares me is that NU has thrown out a bunch of offers to guards in the last week or two. A few are jucos. Does that mean we are losing Watson too? The coaches knew months ago they needed more guards, but all of a sudden decided a week ago to start carpet bombing the guard market?
Noticed that too. We are super-thin at guard even WITH Watson.

Reactions: sparky62
You would think Ed Morrow, Jr. is the greatesr athlete to ever walk the Nebraska campus in any sport.

True, Morrow has limited offensive skills and his foot injury issues seem somewhat chronic. But the team went 1-6 in his absence, and he's part of that greatest-assembly-of-young-talent-in-program-history that the Miles honks keep telling us about. So, why wouldn't we view him as a big loss?

Noticed that too. We are super-thin at guard even WITH Watson.
Either Watson is transferring or they missed on a couple guys they thought they had. It's unfortunate that Thurman won't be eligible immediately or they could put a full court press on him too. Kind of a head scratcher that he transferred for his senior year without being immediately eligible. I'm not sure how his game compares to Morrow.

Reactions: sparky62
True, Morrow has limited offensive skills and his foot injury issues seem somewhat chronic. But the team went 1-6 in his absence, and he's part of that greatest-assembly-of-young-talent-in-program-history that the Miles honks keep telling us about. So, why wouldn't we view him as a big loss?
Again, I never said he wasn't a big loss. But the crying and wailing over this is just ridiculous and over the top-and that's saying a lot for a board that seems to hang on and look for every piece of bad news in any sport.

Reactions: dinglefritz
When Morrow was at his peak this season, the team was at its peak. I wonder if his foot problem and how Miles handled it had anything to do with it. Morrow had lots of PT next season, plus he was a legacy and considers Nebraska his home, so something seriously upsetting must have happened.

Looks like this leaves an opening for Roby or Copeland to move in, although neither seem beefy enough to play PF much. PG Watson, SG Taylor/Palmer, SF McVeigh/Roby, PF Jacobson/Copeland, C Jordy?

Morrow's upside is limited due to his size and the position he played. He was going to have to be able to learn to put the ball on the deck without losing it and needed to expand his game to 15-17 feet. That being said, he's a big loss because he brought energy to the floor and wasn't afraid to do the dirty work. Anytime you lose a starter that goes for 10 and 7 every night is a loss. It's a kick in the nuts to me.

Didn't say it wasn't a big loss, but this idea that we should reverse course and go ahead and fire Miles now is ridiculous. You're going to let the decision of a player to transfer determine a coach's job? I'm sure that would make other potential coaches really want to come here-knowing that their job security could be decided by the whims of a player.
Agree it would be very hard to can Miles now, unless Eichorst could pull a Bo Ryan or someone similar out of his hat. But this seems like the perfect time to finally rid the athletic department of Boehm, who's supposedly overseeing two programs that have pretty much hit rock bottom.

Agree it would be very hard to can Miles now, unless Eichorst could pull a Bo Ryan or someone similar out of his hat. But this seems like the perfect time to finally rid the athletic department of Boehm, who's supposedly overseeing two programs that have pretty much hit rock bottom.

Boehm should have been gone years ago...

I know this thread is about Morrow Jr, but it's making more and more sense as to why AW3 transferred as well.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I know this thread is about Morrow Jr, but it's making more and more sense as to why AW3 transferred as well.
That doesn't mean that there weren't other issues and he(and his family) shouldn't bear some blame too.

Well, Miles already has an excuse for next year's losing season

SE is going to have man up and fire Miles. Bet SE uses the excuse that it is too late in the process, it will hurt recruiting, blah blah and keeps Miles anyway. This just pushes back the inevitable to a later date. Nebraska basketball is doomed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT