ADVERTISEMENT

Early enrollees get their numbers...

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
Wonder how the eligibility clock will work when there isnt football this fall

You really except all this to continue all spring and summer long and way into the fall? Not I, I’m going to assume the summer at worse (maybe it’s more hoping). And IF that happens, everyone will gain an extra year to make up for what they missed out on. That parts obvious. It won’t count against them if they aren’t even having a season. Their eligibility will start as soon as football starts again.

edited: I think the only way players lose a year without playing a season is IF...that’s a huge IF (meaning if it last over a full year or longer)...IF this goes a full year and makes into next year’s recruiting class and when those players join the team. That would be the only way players would lose a year without playing season. I don’t think they’d have a choice then, they’d have to progress everyone a year in that case (meaning freshmen to sophomores and so on...).

Last edited:
You really except all this to continue all spring and summer long and way into the fall? Not I, I’m going to assume the summer at worse (maybe it’s more hoping). And IF that happens, everyone will gain an extra year to make up for what they missed out on. That parts obvious. It won’t count against them if they aren’t even having a season. Their eligibility will start as soon as football starts again.

edited: I think the only way players lose a year without playing a season is IF...that’s a huge IF (meaning if it last over a full year or longer)...IF this goes a full year and makes into next year’s recruiting class and when those players join the team. That would be the only way players would lose a year without playing season. I don’t think they’d have a choice then, they’d have to progress everyone a year in that case (meaning freshmen to sophomores and so on...).
My fear with this is similar to what happened with the Spanish flu. Slowed way down that summer and blew up even worse late fall and winter the that year. We could see this all die down similar to China, everyone goes back to their lives as normal then it takes off again in the fall winter.

My fear with this is similar to what happened with the Spanish flu. Slowed way down that summer and blew up even worse late fall and winter the that year. We could see this all die down similar to China, everyone goes back to their lives as normal then it takes off again in the fall winter.

man I hope not. Let’s do nothing to jinx it...that’s for sure. If anything, maybe this will help Omar Manning and Zavier Betts to make it...;) i already feel both will since Frost allowed both to sign their letters of intent.

Reactions: husker2612
yeah that would be a major problem.. although I would hope maybe some vaccines would be ready by then.. already some good experimental and treatment drugs

Reactions: husker2612
I dont see how large groups of people will be allowed to be together by Sept. I love college football more than any sport but its the atmosphere that makes it special and there probably wouldnt be fans allowed

I dont see how large groups of people will be allowed to be together by Sept. I love college football more than any sport but its the atmosphere that makes it special and there probably wouldnt be fans allowed
Fans allowed at first nfl game a -240 favorite in Vegas right now

money to be made if you disagree..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT