ADVERTISEMENT

Donny got a raise and extension

I didn't narc you to the board mods but the FBI knows who you are now!! RollingLaugh
@dinglefritz literally posted this week that I was the UNLV shooter

While he had me on ignore, no less

There’s rent free and then there's….. that

Tell him to send me his preferred method of money transfer. I want to send him $100 despite all that

(literally not a single person here would do the same. The very definition of character)

Apparently Trev likes him as well. I think they know more about evaluating an O line coach than you.
I would dam hope so. I shouldn’t be their competition. FFS. That’s there line of business. But just because they know it better than me doesn’t mean they know it better than other FBS coaches. It’s yet to be seen.

Reactions: king_kong_
Well earned. Stud O line class class coming N and steady improvement on the beat-up O line. Haters can suck it!!
Donny to the haters who wanted him run early!! HBK style!!
source.gif
e801d2c2a6a9ff14b31769afc26925d71d3ceb13_hq.gif

I guess it’s smart to keep him. I am skeptical.

If we arent decent on offense in 2024, he and Satt need to go.

@dinglefritz

Me: you know, I sure don’t really like my general practitioner. He doesn’t seem to solve my problems

@dinglefritz: you know him and his chief know way more about medicine then you, so you need to stay with him. You aren’t qualified like they are to make that judgment

Me: you know, my car keeps making a funny sound but I keep taking it to my mechanic but nothing ever gets fixed and the sounds getting louder and louder

@dinglefritz: you know your mechanic and his supervisor know way more about cars then you, so you need to stay with him. You aren’t qualified like they are to make that judgment

This is the typical Yes man, fall in line type of attitude you put off. I see why you defend Donny

You’re going to hold your breath until August ‘24??

Wow

Somebody call the Guinness book of world records!

Proud of you, friend! And let me be the first to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
Ok that was pretty funny. 🤣

Hand up.

I was wrong in thinking and posting that he’d be fired this offseason.

Those who said he’d be retained were right.

@dinglefritz even though you accused me of being a domestic terrorist earlier this week, I owe you $100 because of this and will gladly pay up if you provide me your preferred method of receipt.

(Takes a big person to publicly admit this. Most here would never.)

Also - just a 1 year extension?
Interesting. Admitting you were wrong, but deftly working in a compliment for yourself in the process.👍

I think people need to remember that legend Milt Tenopir also had OL's that started off the season slow some years and it took them to mid-season to reach their stride.
Not many. I can't think of any right off hand.

Reactions: Yantzeee
Normally assistants only get one-year deals. Kicking Raiola's deal down the road is standard procedure. All it really means is that he will be here next year. Coaching consistency counts for something, too. Don't you think maybe the reason we have sucked balls for 20 years is the revolving door of coaches?

What is customary for position coaches in regards to contracts? Is it 1 year? 2 years?
I believe Rhule gave the other assistants 3 year contracts when he hired them . Uncle Donnie got a 1year last year and only not got a 1year again.

not ol expert. seems like a big turnaround mid season. penalties and a little better blocking with 2 new starters. hats off to the raise and continued progress.
The turnaround was almost entirely the result of Corcoran getting injured. There was plenty of prior evidence to suggest he couldn't play Tackle and he was worse than ever this year. Rolling with him at LT in year 2 is inexcusable.

The turnaround was almost entirely the result of Corcoran getting injured. There was plenty of prior evidence to suggest he couldn't play Tackle and he was worse than ever this year. Rolling with him at LT in year 2 is inexcusable.
So a guy who was starting get hurts and it automatically makes everyone else better? Now there is some logic.

There seems to be a lot of revisionist history in this thread about Raiola. He goes from the worst ever to really getting it done and deserves a big fat raise. Oh and he couldn't recruit either. Guess I will just let Rhule do his job which is to evaluate his coaches. Shoot, maybe he even knows what he is doing.

Who would you like to see as our lead back, Pennsy?

My hope - as I’ve posted for years and years and years - is we no longer rely on the QB run game because it limits the overall ceiling of the team.

Look no further than the playoff teams (this year and every year) as proof
I hope he's not even on the roster yet. I'd like to go after Trayanum and Chaney. There's so much portal talent at that position it's ridiculous. In the on3 database, I see at least the top 30 RBs as better than anything on our roster. We'd be foolish not to go after one.

Normally assistants only get one-year deals. Kicking Raiola's deal down the road is standard procedure. All it really means is that he will be here next year. Coaching consistency counts for something, too. Don't you think maybe the reason we have sucked balls for 20 years is the revolving door of coaches?
The reason we have sucked has much more to do with embracing and rewarding failure. Saban has to find a way to replace half his staff every single year, and yet every single year they're in contention for the playoff.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
So a guy who was starting get hurts and it automatically makes everyone else better? Now there is some logic.

There seems to be a lot of revisionist history in this thread about Raiola. He goes from the worst ever to really getting it done and deserves a big fat raise. Oh and he couldn't recruit either. Guess I will just let Rhule do his job which is to evaluate his coaches. Shoot, maybe he even knows what he is doing.
He didn't recruit properly which is why we had Corcoran's worthless ass starting at LT in the first place. Yes, Corcoran getting hurt made the whole line look better, because Corcoran is just that awful of a player. Yet the injury bailed Donnie boy out or Corcoran would have likely started the entire year and the line would have sucked all year. If it were up to me, I'm not going to reward a guy based on pure luck.

• Haha
He didn't recruit properly which is why we had Corcoran's worthless ass starting at LT in the first place. Yes, Corcoran getting hurt made the whole line look better, because Corcoran is just that awful of a player. Yet the injury bailed Donnie boy out or Corcoran would have likely started the entire year and the line would have sucked all year. If it were up to me, I'm not going to reward a guy based on pure luck.
Amazing how coaches start the worst players at so many positions.

Who would you like to see as our lead back, Pennsy?

My hope - as I’ve posted for years and years and years - is we no longer rely on the QB run game because it limits the overall ceiling of the team.

Look no further than the playoff teams (this year and every year) as proof
I really liked what I saw from Emmet Johnson. I also think we need to pick up someone in the portal. Not sure how durable Ervin or Rahmir are.

Teddy wasn't ready and he made it through a season for what, the first time in his 3 years on campus? So that plan worked. I also don't blame Raiola for Rouse switching to OU over money.

I don't know if Corcoran would have started at the end of the year but Rhule said before fall camp that Fidone and Teddy would be eased in. And he did recruit a replacement, Rouse, who got bought out by OU. That's not Raiola's fault.

Teddy wasn't ready and he made it through a season for what, the first time in his 3 years on campus? So that plan worked. I also don't blame Raiola for Rouse switching to OU over money.
The plan was to get Corcoran injured? Because that's the only way he was ever coming out and he was obviously a coach's favorite. And Rouse was the only guy in the entire country that was a possibility huh? I'm sure there were at least 50 in the portal who would have been better than Corcoran. https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/industry/football/2023/

The plan was to get Corcoran injured? Because that's the only way he was ever coming out and he was obviously a coach's favorite. And Rouse was the only guy in the entire country that was a possibility huh? I'm sure there were at least 50 in the portal who would have been better than Corcoran. https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/industry/football/2023/
A person has to try to be this obtuse ^^. But anything to advance the narrative.

Last edited:
Rouse was on-campus and doing interviews with the newspapers before OU gave him the bag as the kids say. I'm sure in 1 day Donny could pull another LT out of the portal. Super easy.

No idea if Teddy was going to play over Turner. But I know Teddy didn't have another season ending injury.

I think it's two years. According to the article linked below, Raiola's initial contract was signed in December 2021 for two years and was scheduled to expire at the end of 2023. It was extended through 2024 so that it would match the timeframe of Rhule's other assistant coaches. His salary was increased to $500,000 effective August 1, 2023.

Raiola contract extension.
I am not 100% certain but in the past it was customary at unl to give assistants 1 year renewables. This changed some over the last few years to get people to come here despite the HC's hot seat status at the time. But again not 100% sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT