ADVERTISEMENT

Donny got a raise and extension

Hand up.

I was wrong in thinking and posting that he’d be fired this offseason.

Those who said he’d be retained were right.

@dinglefritz even though you accused me of being a domestic terrorist earlier this week, I owe you $100 because of this and will gladly pay up if you provide me your preferred method of receipt.

(Takes a big person to publicly admit this. Most here would never.)

Also - just a 1 year extension?

Last edited:
Did the week vacation make you more of a sensible calm poster? Time will tell.Winking
No. These posts are par for the course for me. I always own up when I’m wrong, contrary to the many haters/losers’ beliefs.

But good news for Kong Derangement sufferers everywhere - I have business in Northern Europe this week so won’t be posting much.

These raises are coming a little earlier than some years, usually happen in January as I recall. But I think earlier is a good thing to help prevent poaching of assistant coaches as the head coach carousel spins.

This does support the theory that our OL got better. QBs and possibly young/injured receivers were the cause of sacks. Obviously, it was not a dominant line but it was a G5 level competent OL. Gotta keep getting better. Hopefully we have a competent qb next year. I don't care if it's HH, Purdy, Or some portal guy. Just please be able to consistently make an eight-yard pass.

Good for him. I was skeptical at times . Progress hasn’t been linear and it can be harder to tell with o-line as a position group in general (mixed in with some continuing mind-numbingly stupid plays by certain longtime starters), but they definitely seemed to improve overall over the season.

Reactions: Laner2
I'm neither happy or sad about it.
Bored Fallon Tonight GIF by reactionseditor

Reactions: king_kong_
No. These posts are par for the course for me. I always own up when I’m wrong, contrary to the many haters/losers’ beliefs.

But good news for Kong Derangement sufferers everywhere - I have business in Northern Europe this week so won’t be posting much.
I’ll hold my breath until HH doesn’t start next year. When you’re not tooting your own horn about being right, you’re tooting your own horn about how much of a man you are about being wrong. Just insufferable.

I’ll hold my breath until HH doesn’t start next year. When you’re not tooting your own horn about being right, you’re tooting your own horn about how much of a man you are about being wrong. Just insufferable.
You’re going to hold your breath until August ‘24??

Wow

Somebody call the Guinness book of world records!

Proud of you, friend! And let me be the first to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

I like this. And I wager that our running game will look much better when defenses have to respect that we have a QB who can throw it five yards downfield without wetting themselves.
Who would you like to see as our lead back, Pennsy?

My hope - as I’ve posted for years and years and years - is we no longer rely on the QB run game because it limits the overall ceiling of the team.

Look no further than the playoff teams (this year and every year) as proof

I did think the blocking improved. The penalties that cost us drives were frustrating AF

All penalties are frustrating, but we were pretty good in that department as a team. #22 nationally in fewest penalty yards per game.

Good for him. I was skeptical at times . Progress hasn’t been linear and it can be harder to tell with o-line as a position group in general (mixed in with some continuing mind-numbingly stupid plays by certain longtime starters), but they definitely seemed to improve overall over the season.
Alberts knows what the hell is going on in the trenches and he approved this new contract. Some of our board O line experts need to hush.

Last edited:
Well deserved. I was pissed at the stupid penalties this season but the line actually got better under the replacements came in due to injury. Good news.
Every team has stupid penalties. We got better as the season went.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Albert’s knows what the hell is going on in the trenches and he approved this new contract. Some of our board O line experts need to hush.
A 12 month extension when you consider the recruits, who surely won’t play for years, is interesting

Even more interesting to make a guy continuously dance for his food while you sit back on an 8-year deal

But, alas

Send me privately the best way to settle up. Just like owning up to my wrongs, I always pay my debts.

I think people need to remember that legend Milt Tenopir also had OL's that started off the season slow some years and it took them to mid-season to reach their stride.
I think it was Brendan Stai that said in an interview that it usually took 3-4 games for their O lines to gel and play well together. That was every year in college and the NFL.

This does support the theory that our OL got better. QBs and possibly young/injured receivers were the cause of sacks. Obviously, it was not a dominant line but it was a G5 level competent OL. Gotta keep getting better. Hopefully we have a competent qb next year. I don't care if it's HH, Purdy, Or some portal guy. Just please be able to consistently make an eight-yard pass.
Not having a QB who is good at passing severely limits our offense. That's why I am willing to give Satterfield a chance to see what he can do with a QB who isn't one dimensional.

Hand up.

I was wrong in thinking and posting that he’d be fired this offseason.

Those who said he’d be retained were right.

@dinglefritz even though you accused me of being a domestic terrorist earlier this week, I owe you $100 because of this and will gladly pay up if you provide me your preferred method of receipt.

(Takes a big person to publicly admit this. Most here would never.)

Also - just a 1 year extension?
Somebody please do me a favor and quote this post with @dinglefritz in the body so he can see it

I think it's two years. According to the article linked below, Raiola's initial contract was signed in December 2021 for two years and was scheduled to expire at the end of 2023. It was extended through 2024 so that it would match the timeframe of Rhule's other assistant coaches. His salary was increased to $500,000 effective August 1, 2023.

Raiola contract extension.

Wonder if his nephew is now a silent commit who’s going to flip from Georgia on signing day
Very doubtful that he flips at this time. He choose Georgia for their QB coaching to prepare him for an NFL career. If those circumstances change or he eventually gets beat out for the starting position down the road, then yes. But not at this time.

I think it's two years. According to the article linked below, Raiola's initial contract was signed in December 2021 for two years and was scheduled to expire at the end of 2023. It was extended through 2024 so that it would match the timeframe of Rhule's other assistant coaches. His salary was increased to $500,000 effective August 1, 2023.

makes sense

One year simply can’t be the norm, logically speaking.

Personally I like making your underlings dance annually while your guaranteed 8 year deal stares them in the face

Alpha move by Rhule/Trev. I respect it.

I mean Donny is a “Yes” Man. Why wouldn’t he be retained? let’s ignore the fact that the offense was a complete dumpster fire. Let’s ignore the fact we didn’t have a 500 yard rusher, 500 yard receiver, or a QB to throw for 1,000 yards. This staff inherited a dumpster fire from the prior staff, geeze (let’s ignore that he was prior staff, obviously!!!) cause his unit showed promise at the end of the season!!! Gave it the real old college try and showed much improvement (even if we didn’t score 20 or more in any of our 5 last games).

We are Nebraska dam it!!! There’s always someone else to blame. There is no ownership here on the leadership. When we do well (defense) we praise the staff!!! When we do bad (offense) we blame the players. And then we can’t understand why players don’t want to come here.

And of course Donny deserves half a million. Rhule likes him. Rhule needs guys he feels “comfortable” around like Donny. Not guys that challenge Matt or god forbid are as smart as him and definitely never anyone smarter then him. That would be bad.

I mean Donny is a “Yes” Man. Why wouldn’t he be retained? let’s ignore the fact that the offense was a complete dumpster fire. Let’s ignore the fact we didn’t have a 500 yard rusher, 500 yard receiver, or a QB to throw for 1,000 yards. This staff inherited a dumpster fire from the prior staff, geeze (let’s ignore that he was prior staff, obviously!!!) cause his unit showed promise at the end of the season!!! Gave it the real old college try and showed much improvement (even if we didn’t score 20 or more in any of our 5 last games).

We are Nebraska dam it!!! There’s always someone else to blame. There is no ownership here on the leadership. When we do well (defense) we praise the staff!!! When we do bad (offense) we blame the players. And then we can’t understand why players don’t want to come here.

And of course Donny deserves half a million. Rhule likes him. Rhule needs guys he feels “comfortable” around likr Donny. Not guys that challenge Matt or god forbid are as smart as him and definitely never anyone smarter then him. That would be bad.
I don’t think these kinds of thoughts are allowed here

Sorry

You’re not a fan now

And you're probably a domestic terrorist

Used to be one year but its probably changed.

And of course Donny deserves half a million. Rhule likes him. Rhule needs guys he feels “comfortable” around like Donny. Not guys that challenge Matt or god forbid are as smart as him and definitely never anyone smarter then him. That would be bad.
Apparently Trev likes him as well. I think they know more about evaluating an O line coach than you.

What a delusional bunch you guys are. Braindead AD wants to blow up the stadium and lessen the capacity by quite a bit and you bobblehead it.
What team and what offense did you watch just tread water all year leading up to a 4 game losing streak? All games they should have won or could have won. Only once all season did they exceed 20 lousy points against a P5 team. One fricken time.
We weren't able to lean on anyone.
Yet, the AD continues foolish plundering of resources so everyone can get rich and he won't have to do anything.

What a delusional bunch you guys are. Braindead AD wants to blow up the stadium and lessen the capacity by quite a bit and you bobblehead it.
What team and what offense did you watch just tread water all year leading up to a 4 game losing streak? All games they should have won or could have won. Only once all season did they exceed 20 lousy points against a P5 team. One fricken time.
We weren't able to lean on anyone.
Yet, the AD continues foolish plundering of resources so everyone can get rich and he won't have to do anything.
Careful

A few more posts like this @dinglefritz will accuse you of domestic terrorism

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT