ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look who voted for him, and who is sticking with him. Yes, very apparent

I mean...no.

I do agree that he won that group in 2016, but I vehemently disagree that he is “pro union” His trade policies certainly have won some union leaders to his side in hopes of keeping/returning jobs. But at the same time policies have been directed at limiting union power, especially amongst government workers and has also rolled back worker protections.

I mean...no.

I do agree that he won that group in 2016, but I vehemently disagree that he is “pro union” His trade policies certainly have won some union leaders to his side in hopes of keeping/returning jobs. But at the same time policies have been directed at limiting union power, especially amongst government workers and has also rolled back worker protections.
So, should government workers have unions?
If the government runs down those currently in government unions, and we, the people suffer because of bad workers only taking up bad jobs because our elected officials crapped on those jobs, how long before it shows up at the ballot box?

As for the other unions, creating maufacturing is a huge given going forwards, unless of course, youve lost you voice with a certain constituency,and sing the praises of the competition, china?

When the dems left folks behind, tell them coal plants are moot, coal industry is moot, mining industry is moot, energy industry as known today is moot, that instead, no new manufacturing, your alternative is to code, with certainty, I know Trump continues to hod favor with union folk, not their leaders.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Rivals removed my archived link, or it linked the original article and won't let me link the archive.

Here is blog post:

Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret.

libertymavenstock

Apr 5 · 8 min read
In the last 3–5 days, a mountain of anecdotal evidence has come out of NYC, Italy, Spain, etc. about COVID-19 and characteristics of patients who get seriously ill. It’s not only piling up but now leading to a general field-level consensus backed up by a few previously little-known studies that we’ve had it all wrong the whole time. Well, a few had some things eerily correct (cough Trump cough), especially with Hydroxychloroquine with Azithromicin, but we’ll get to that in a minute.

There is no ‘pneumonia’ nor ARDS. At least not the ARDS with established treatment protocols and procedures we’re familiar with. Ventilators are not only the wrong solution, but high pressure intubation can actually wind up causing more damage than without, not to mention complications from tracheal scarring and ulcers given the duration of intubation often required… They may still have a use in the immediate future for patients too far to bring back with this newfound knowledge, but moving forward a new treatment protocol needs to be established so we stop treating patients for the wrong disease.

The past 48 hours or so have seen a huge revelation: COVID-19 causes prolonged and progressive hypoxia (starving your body of oxygen) by binding to the heme groups in hemoglobin in your red blood cells. People are simply desaturating (losing o2 in their blood), and that’s what eventually leads to organ failures that kill them, not any form of ARDS or pneumonia. All the damage to the lungs you see in CT scans are from the release of oxidative iron from the hemes, this overwhelms the natural defenses against pulmonary oxidative stress and causes that nice, always-bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs. Patients returning for re-hospitalization days or weeks after recovery suffering from apparent delayed post-hypoxic leukoencephalopathy strengthen the notion COVID-19 patients are suffering from hypoxia despite no signs of respiratory ‘tire out’ or fatigue.

Here’s the breakdown of the whole process, including some ELI5-level cliff notes. Much has been simplified just to keep it digestible and layman-friendly.

Your red blood cells carry oxygen from your lungs to all your organs and the rest of your body. Red blood cells can do this thanks to hemoglobin, which is a protein consisting of four “hemes”. Hemes have a special kind of iron ion, which is normally quite toxic in its free form, locked away in its center with a porphyrin acting as it’s ‘container’. In this way, the iron ion can be ‘caged’ and carried around safely by the hemoglobin, but used to bind to oxygen when it gets to your lungs.

When the red blood cell gets to the alveoli, or the little sacs in your lungs where all the gas exchange happens, that special little iron ion can flip between FE2+ and FE3+ states with electron exchange and bond to some oxygen, then it goes off on its little merry way to deliver o2 elsewhere.

Here’s where COVID-19 comes in. Its glycoproteins bond to the heme, and in doing so that special and toxic oxidative iron ion is “disassociated” (released). It’s basically let out of the cage and now freely roaming around on its own. This is bad for two reasons:

1) Without the iron ion, hemoglobin can no longer bind to oxygen. Once all the hemoglobin is impaired, the red blood cell is essentially turned into a Freightliner truck cab with no trailer and no ability to store its cargo.. it is useless and just running around with COVID-19 virus attached to its porphyrin. All these useless trucks running around not delivering oxygen is what starts to lead to desaturation, or watching the patient’s spo2 levels drop. It is INCORRECT to assume traditional ARDS and in doing so, you’re treating the WRONG DISEASE. Think of it a lot like carbon monoxide poisoning, in which CO is bound to the hemoglobin, making it unable to carry oxygen. In those cases, ventilators aren’t treating the root cause; the patient’s lungs aren’t ‘tiring out’, they’re pumping just fine. The red blood cells just can’t carry o2, end of story. Only in this case, unlike CO poisoning in which eventually the CO can break off, the affected hemoglobin is permanently stripped of its ability to carry o2 because it has lost its iron ion. The body compensates for this lack of o2 carrying capacity and deliveries by having your kidneys release hormones like erythropoietin, which tell your bone marrow factories to ramp up production on new red blood cells with freshly made and fully functioning hemoglobin. This is the reason you find elevated hemoglobin and decreased blood oxygen saturation as one of the 3 primary indicators of whether the shit is about to hit the fan for a particular patient or not.

2) That little iron ion, along with millions of its friends released from other hemes, are now floating through your blood freely. As I mentioned before, this type of iron ion is highly reactive and causes oxidative damage. It turns out that this happens to a limited extent naturally in our bodies and we have cleanup & defense mechanisms to keep the balance. The lungs, in particular, have 3 primary defenses to maintain “iron homeostasis”, 2 of which are in the alveoli, those little sacs in your lungs we talked about earlier. The first of the two are little macrophages that roam around and scavenge up any free radicals like this oxidative iron. The second is a lining on the walls (called the epithelial surface) which has a thin layer of fluid packed with high levels of antioxidant molecules.. things like abscorbic acid (AKA Vitamin C) among others. Well, this is usually good enough for naturally occurring rogue iron ions but with COVID-19 running rampant your body is now basically like a progressive state letting out all the prisoners out of the prisons… it’s just too much iron and it begins to overwhelm your lungs’ countermeasures, and thus begins the process of pulmonary oxidative stress. This leads to damage and inflammation, which leads to all that nasty stuff and damage you see in CT scans of COVID-19 patient lungs. Ever noticed how it’s always bilateral? (both lungs at the same time) Pneumonia rarely ever does that, but COVID-19 does… EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

— — — — — — — — — — — — -

Once your body is now running out of control, with all your oxygen trucks running around without any freight, and tons of this toxic form of iron floating around in your bloodstream, other defenses kick in. While your lungs are busy with all this oxidative stress they can’t handle, and your organs are being starved of o2 without their constant stream of deliveries from red blood cell’s hemoglobin, and your liver is attempting to do its best to remove the iron and store it in its ‘iron vault’. Only its getting overwhelmed too. It’s starved for oxygen and fighting a losing battle from all your hemoglobin letting its iron free, and starts crying out “help, I’m taking damage!” by releasing an enzyme called alanine aminotransferase (ALT). BOOM, there is your second of 3 primary indicators of whether the shit is about to hit the fan for a particular patient or not.

Eventually, if the patient’s immune system doesn’t fight off the virus in time before their blood oxygen saturation drops too low, ventilator or no ventilator, organs start shutting down. No fuel, no work. The only way to even try to keep them going is max oxygen, even a hyperbaric chamber if one is available on 100% oxygen at multiple atmospheres of pressure, just to give what’s left of their functioning hemoglobin a chance to carry enough o2 to the organs and keep them alive. Yeah we don’t have nearly enough of those chambers, so some fresh red blood cells with normal hemoglobin in the form of a transfusion will have to do.

The core point being, treating patients with the iron ions stripped from their hemoglobin (rendering it abnormally nonfunctional) with ventilator intubation is futile, unless you’re just hoping the patient’s immune system will work its magic in time. The root of the illness needs to be addressed.

Best case scenario? Treatment regimen early, before symptoms progress too far. Hydroxychloroquine (more on that in a minute, I promise) with Azithromicin has shown fantastic, albeit critics keep mentioning ‘anecdotal’ to describe the mountain, promise and I’ll explain why it does so well next. But forget straight-up plasma with antibodies, that might work early but if the patient is too far gone they’ll need more. They’ll need all the blood: antibodies and red blood cells. No help in sending over a detachment of ammunition to a soldier already unconscious and bleeding out on the battlefield, you need to send that ammo along with some hemoglobin-stimulant-magic so that he can wake up and fire those shots at the enemy.

The story with Hydroxychloroquine
All that hilariously misguided and counterproductive criticism the media piled on chloroquine (purely for political reasons) as a viable treatment will now go down as the biggest Fake News blunder to rule them all. The media actively engaged their activism to fight ‘bad orange man’ at the cost of thousands of lives. Shame on them.

How does chloroquine work? Same way as it does for malaria. You see, malaria is this little parasite that enters the red blood cells and starts eating hemoglobin as its food source. The reason chloroquine works for malaria is the same reason it works for COVID-19 — while not fully understood, it is suspected to bind to DNA and interfere with the ability to work magic on hemoglobin. The same mechanism that stops malaria from getting its hands on hemoglobin and gobbling it up seems to do the same to COVID-19 (essentially little snippets of DNA in an envelope) from binding to it. On top of that, Hydroxychloroquine (an advanced descendant of regular old chloroquine) lowers the pH which can interfere with the replication of the virus. Again, while the full details are not known, the entire premise of this potentially ‘game changing’ treatment is to prevent hemoglobin from being interfered with, whether due to malaria or COVID-19.

No longer can the media and armchair pseudo-physicians sit in their little ivory towers, proclaiming “DUR so stoopid, malaria is bacteria, COVID-19 is virus, anti-bacteria drug no work on virus!”. They never got the memo that a drug doesn’t need to directly act on the pathogen to be effective. Sometimes it’s enough just to stop it from doing what it does to hemoglobin, regardless of the means it uses to do so.

Anyway, enough of the rant. What’s the end result here? First, the ventilator emergency needs to be re-examined. If you’re putting a patient on a ventilator because they’re going into a coma and need mechanical breathing to stay alive, okay we get it. Give ’em time for their immune systems to pull through. But if they’re conscious, alert, compliant — keep them on O2. Max it if you have to. If you HAVE to inevitably ventilate, do it at low pressure but max O2. Don’t tear up their lungs with max PEEP, you’re doing more harm to the patient because you’re treating the wrong disease.

Ideally, some form of treatment needs to happen to:

1. Inhibit viral growth and replication. Here plays CHQ+ZPAK+ZINC or other retroviral therapies being studies. Less virus, less hemoglobin losing its iron, less severity and damage.
  2. Therapies used for anyone with abnormal hemoglobin or malfunctioning red blood cells. Blood transfusions. Whatever, I don’t know the full breadth and scope because I’m not a physician. But think along those lines, and treat the real disease. If you’re thinking about giving them plasma with antibodies, maybe if they’re already in bad shape think again and give them BLOOD with antibodies, or at least blood followed by plasma with antibodies.
  3. Now that we know more about how this virus works and affects our bodies, a whole range of options should open up.
  4. Don’t trust China. China is ASSHOE. (disclaimer: not talking about the people, just talking about the regime). They covered this up and have caused all kinds of death and carnage, both literal and economic. The ripples of this pandemic will be felt for decades.
Fini.
This shit could be right, hell I don't know.

But some contradictions in his own "blog" post for such I'm guessing smart guy?

Covid-19 has RNA, not DNA

Says correctly at one point that Malaria is caused by a parasite, but then in his Durp rant says Malaria bacterial, covid viral...........

Again, just stating its hard to take this kind of stuff seriously when the political crap is thrown in, and there are a few mistakes that a guy with barely a minor in biology can spot.

This shit could be right, hell I don't know.

But some contradictions in his own "blog" post for such I'm guessing smart guy?

Covid-19 has RNA, not DNA

Says correctly at one point that Malaria is caused by a parasite, but then in his Durp rant says Malaria bacterial, covid viral...........

Again, just stating its hard to take this kind of stuff seriously when the political crap is thrown in, and there are a few mistakes that a guy with barely a minor in biology can spot.

I posted the blog post because it was a more palatable version (somewhat in laymen's terms) of the paper posted by Solona

I posted the blog post because it was a more palatable version (somewhat in laymen's terms) of the paper posted by Solona
So, what other effects of infectious diseases leave molecular change within the body?
And, are some even more serious a problem than stated regarding the lungs?

If it's truly unique, it likely complicates and further deteriorates a positive oxygen distribution.
But, is it unique? To what known level are these effects? Etc?

What will be an interesting look back will be the average number of deaths per day/week/month in NYC from say the last four years through end of 2019 (might need to look at it as a percentage of population to take out impact of changes in population overall) vs. the number of deaths per day/week/month and for the year 2020. I have read (not surprisingly) that there is a sharp drop in the number of deaths in NYC from influenza and heart disease, because if someone was tested (or even if merely suspected to have had COVID, it goes as a COVID death and not a flue or heart disease death. No doubt, there will be some spike, because there are those for whom COVID was the cause of death. But, my ignorant/naïve guess is that we will see that many of the numbers attributed to COVID are numbers that one would otherwise have expected to see from a purely statistical standpoint had COVID never found its way to our shores.

What will be an interesting look back will be the average number of deaths per day/week/month in NYC from say the last four years through end of 2019 (might need to look at it as a percentage of population to take out impact of changes in population overall) vs. the number of deaths per day/week/month and for the year 2020. I have read (not surprisingly) that there is a sharp drop in the number of deaths in NYC from influenza and heart disease, because if someone was tested (or even if merely suspected to have had COVID, it goes as a COVID death and not a flue or heart disease death. No doubt, there will be some spike, because there are those for whom COVID was the cause of death. But, my ignorant/naïve guess is that we will see that many of the numbers attributed to COVID are numbers that one would otherwise have expected to see from a purely statistical standpoint had COVID never found its way to our shores.
Add into that, little traffic,less wrecks, less people working dangerous jobs etc. That will distort the numbers as well, not as to more, but less, creating an even higher percentage for wuhan deaths overall as well.

Interesting analysis here, discussing a lot of the common talking points we’ve gone over. It’s a long ass Twitter thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1247727105867210756.html

Particularly of interest...

“4. The economic damage we’re causing with COVID-containment lockdowns is a cure worse than the disease, and will lead to a lot of human suffering. So we should end the lockdowns soon.”
I’m sympathetic to this argument, in part because a lot of people freak out if you even mention the economic cost. This isn’t about dollar worship or stock prices—a lot of conservatives are genuinely worried about the anxiety, stress, and death that comes with a severe recession.
That said, one big problem with this argument is that it overstates how much of the “lockdown” has come from policymakers.
The Ohio governor closed restaurants at 9pm on March 15. Here’s the foot traffic data from OpenTable for Ohio, March 15 through March 5 (compared to the same days in 2019). This is not business as usual:
EVDSrkYXgAE0Y3_.jpg

On March 17, Bloomberg ran an article about the UK’s approach to herd immunity, making it seem as if London was operating normally.
But that same OpenTable data suggested restaurant traffic was down on March 17 by 89 percent, and had been down substantially the weeks prior. Again, this was *before* the UK government closed restaurants and bars.
Some have pointed to Sweden’s laissez-faire approach to the virus as a model to emulate. Set to the side whether that’s accurate (it’s incomplete at best), Swedish economic forecasts are grim.
The most recent estimate I’ve seen from Swedbank is a 4 percent 2020 contraction. Goldman’s late March estimate for the US was a 3.8 percent contraction (they’ve since further adjusted down to 6.2 percent for the US).
In other words, a lot of the social distancing appears organic, and independent of the policy response. That doesn’t mean good policy can’t help (or bad policy hurt), but the idea that our economy just hums along absent lockdown orders from the president and various governors...
...is implausible. It turns out that people get freaked out about catching a deadly disease and adjust their behavior accordingly.
The real question: What has changed that is particularly bad for society? People are cooking dinners at home. People are spending time with their families, people are exercising. Kids need to go to school, farmers need support to grow and transport food, scientists need labs to work...but how much of our lives is simply doing things that aren't particularly healthy. Eating and drinking out is incredibly inefficient, unhealthy but provides jobs. Running the rat race and having your kids do 5 sports a year, play 3 musical instruments, and do dance is great but almost nobody becomes a professional in these areas. How many jobs are not essential? And how can we make the things we do everyday more essential for health and happiness after this situation. Are we only doing things because we have to support an economy, are we only consuming because we are told to consume. Can America survive if its populace slows down, spends less, lives healthier?

Reactions: Seascout3
The point should be that it be allowed for everyone
everyone votes by mail in CO. not sure when it started or whether it skewed results one way or another in terms of parties.

denver very left-leaning, colorado springs & most of rural CO very right-leaning. still very much a purple state.

The point should be that it be allowed for everyone
Why rush to a very poor solution?
If, as some say, this is to last 18 months, it's high time we figure out how to do things under such a scenario.
Voting won't be the first, nor the last, no reason once again to change convention with an assumed or poorer choice.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The real question: What has changed that is particularly bad for society? People are cooking dinners at home. People are spending time with their families, people are exercising. Kids need to go to school, farmers need support to grow and transport food, scientists need labs to work...but how much of our lives is simply doing things that aren't particularly healthy. Eating and drinking out is incredibly inefficient, unhealthy but provides jobs. Running the rat race and having your kids do 5 sports a year, play 3 musical instruments, and do dance is great but almost nobody becomes a professional in these areas. How many jobs are not essential? And how can we make the things we do everyday more essential for health and happiness after this situation. Are we only doing things because we have to support an economy, are we only consuming because we are told to consume. Can America survive if its populace slows down, spends less, lives healthier?
Society may hate you, whats wrong with that? Should we let them? Society hates these very thoughts, theres their motive to hate you.
People are different than you, don't think like you, don't expect them to be, and you can't stop them either.

I will try against others who hate these ideals, though, I'm opposed to them.

What has changed that is particularly bad for society?

You mean besides more than 40% of kids aren’t attending online school and it is projected that many will need to repeat grade levels creating impacts for years to come?

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ent-done-online-learning-since-schools-closed

And colleges may be closing permanently, while college students who are trying to work their way through college are hit particularly hard (job loss, no unemployment protection, no stimulus checks if a dependent).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...ently-as-the-coronavirus-hits-hard-2020-03-12

https://www.seattletimes.com/educat...-through-college-are-hard-hit-by-coronavirus/

How many jobs are not essential?

Must be a few.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...arly-april-as-record-layoffs-mount-2020-04-08

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...-has-lost-job-or-income-to-coronavirus-survey

You mean besides more than 40% of kids aren’t attending online school and it is projected that many will need to repeat grade levels creating impacts for years to come?

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ent-done-online-learning-since-schools-closed

And colleges may be closing permanently, while college students who are trying to work their way through college are hit particularly hard (job loss, no unemployment protection, no stimulus checks if a dependent).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...ently-as-the-coronavirus-hits-hard-2020-03-12

https://www.seattletimes.com/educat...-through-college-are-hard-hit-by-coronavirus/

Must be a few.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...arly-april-as-record-layoffs-mount-2020-04-08

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...-has-lost-job-or-income-to-coronavirus-survey
I could try, but I can't defend it against this.

Well, it looks like in the cases that the immune system doesn't fight of the virus fast enough or possible other underlying conditions that the coronavirus inhibits the blood's ability to deliver oxygen. Thus, ventilators do not do any good as they are delivering oxygen to lungs that are delivering it to blood that can't transport it.

Archived copy of blog post:

This blog post has subsequently been removed. Probably too close to the truth. Malpractice?

No wonder states have been sending back their requested ventilators to the federal stockpile.

https://www.politico.com/states/cal...entilators-back-to-national-stockpile-1272393

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wa...help-other-states/QC3FCYFH7FHMLN44BL6Q5RVI7Y/

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavi...v-kate-brown-we-are-all-in-this-together.html
With any serious disease process the key to successful treatment usually lies in early intervention. In the case of the Wuhan virus, if you haven't slowed the viremia down by the time the patient gets to the point of needed a ventilator, you're odds of winning aren't great. I also wonder IF some of the high mortality rate with vent patients right now might be due to questionable equipment AND the probability that there are under qualified people attempting to manage them. Having enough skilled nurses and Dr.s healthy enough to care for the patients was more of a concern for me than the number of ventilators available.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
The real question: What has changed that is particularly bad for society?

Alcohol sales are thru the roof (that is a fact. not opinion), not everyone can handle that. Many a men will get plowed and beat the shit out of their significant other that otherwise might not have, perverted psycho's with nowhere to go will sexually abuse the kid(s) more because they're all home. Jobs will be lost and that will destroy a lot of credit ratings. Wages will be stagnant at best, most will decline because corporate America rolled back a lot of salaries, and won't be near as fast to give it back when things get better. Thousands of small business's who's owners sunk their entire savings is will go broke. People who's hours got cut will lose their insurance and we know what two days in the hospital will do to their finances.

That's just the top of my head. That's why you don't let something with a fraction of a percent for a fatality rate wipe out the entire economy.

Must be a few.

I said kids need to go to school. And this shutdown has illuminated why public schools exist in the first place. MANY Parents can't, won't, or shouldn't be educating kids...humans need assistance in learning. If they are self-motivated and successful in school it is because of years of investment and if they aren't able to learn on their own they need the system to help them. College is a different beast because it is a failed private entity and corrupt at almost every level. It should be public, it should be free, and it should be an extension of the public school system...with select private entities that mirror the private sector for primary and secondary schools. Why post-secondary has become purely private, for profit is beyond my comprehension.

I honestly cannot even watch that train wreck it makes me so uncomfortable but it does beg the question...who would actually be running the country if Biden win? Because we know it won't be Biden.

Well it could be Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, Lizzie Warren, and any other major female contenders as that is what Biden committed to.

Well, it looks like in the cases that the immune system doesn't fight of the virus fast enough or possible other underlying conditions that the coronavirus inhibits the blood's ability to deliver oxygen. Thus, ventilators do not do any good as they are delivering oxygen to lungs that are delivering it to blood that can't transport it.

Archived copy of blog post:

This blog post has subsequently been removed. Probably too close to the truth. Malpractice?

No wonder states have been sending back their requested ventilators to the federal stockpile.

https://www.politico.com/states/cal...entilators-back-to-national-stockpile-1272393

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wa...help-other-states/QC3FCYFH7FHMLN44BL6Q5RVI7Y/

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavi...v-kate-brown-we-are-all-in-this-together.html
A poorly managed ventilator or a faulty ventilator is worse than no ventilator at all for a viral pneumonia JMO.

Well it could be Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, Lizzie Warren, and any other major female contenders as that is what Biden committed to.
He SHOULD pick Gabbard as his VP and then immediately resign it he won. Of course I was hoping Trump would get tired of being President and resign too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT