Covid 6.0

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by kaz36, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmliehr

jmliehr First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

I mean...no.

I do agree that he won that group in 2016, but I vehemently disagree that he is “pro union” His trade policies certainly have won some union leaders to his side in hopes of keeping/returning jobs. But at the same time policies have been directed at limiting union power, especially amongst government workers and has also rolled back worker protections.

2. NorthwoodHusker

NorthwoodHusker Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

There's more reasons than that

3. redwine65

redwine65 All-American
    Expand Collapse

4. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

So, should government workers have unions?
    If the government runs down those currently in government unions, and we, the people suffer because of bad workers only taking up bad jobs because our elected officials crapped on those jobs, how long before it shows up at the ballot box?

As for the other unions, creating maufacturing is a huge given going forwards, unless of course, youve lost you voice with a certain constituency,and sing the praises of the competition, china?

When the dems left folks behind, tell them coal plants are moot, coal industry is moot, mining industry is moot, energy industry as known today is moot, that instead, no new manufacturing, your alternative is to code, with certainty, I know Trump continues to hod favor with union folk, not their leaders.

OzzyLvr likes this.
  5. bleedhuskerred

bleedhuskerred Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

6. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

7. SeaOfRed75

SeaOfRed75 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

This shit could be right, hell I don't know.

But some contradictions in his own "blog" post for such I'm guessing smart guy?

Covid-19 has RNA, not DNA

Says correctly at one point that Malaria is caused by a parasite, but then in his Durp rant says Malaria bacterial, covid viral...........

Again, just stating its hard to take this kind of stuff seriously when the political crap is thrown in, and there are a few mistakes that a guy with barely a minor in biology can spot.

John_J_Rambo and NorthwoodHusker like this.
  8. yort2000

yort2000 Junior
    Expand Collapse

I posted the blog post because it was a more palatable version (somewhat in laymen's terms) of the paper posted by Solona

9. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

So, what other effects of infectious diseases leave molecular change within the body?
    And, are some even more serious a problem than stated regarding the lungs?

If it's truly unique, it likely complicates and further deteriorates a positive oxygen distribution.
    But, is it unique? To what known level are these effects? Etc?

10. tro80

tro80 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

What will be an interesting look back will be the average number of deaths per day/week/month in NYC from say the last four years through end of 2019 (might need to look at it as a percentage of population to take out impact of changes in population overall) vs. the number of deaths per day/week/month and for the year 2020. I have read (not surprisingly) that there is a sharp drop in the number of deaths in NYC from influenza and heart disease, because if someone was tested (or even if merely suspected to have had COVID, it goes as a COVID death and not a flue or heart disease death. No doubt, there will be some spike, because there are those for whom COVID was the cause of death. But, my ignorant/naïve guess is that we will see that many of the numbers attributed to COVID are numbers that one would otherwise have expected to see from a purely statistical standpoint had COVID never found its way to our shores.

11. mwulf

mwulf All-American
    Expand Collapse

PeliniTheCrutch likes this.
  12. mwulf

mwulf All-American
    Expand Collapse

didn't know pandemic insurance was a thing

headcard and John_J_Rambo like this.
  13. GBRforLife1

GBRforLife1 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

More do as I say, not as I do politicians.

I hope he wins. Laughing

OzzyLvr likes this.
  14. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Add into that, little traffic,less wrecks, less people working dangerous jobs etc. That will distort the numbers as well, not as to more, but less, creating an even higher percentage for wuhan deaths overall as well.

15. GBRforLife1

Expand Collapse

Listen sir, this is a family friendly message board. Keep your dirty thoughts to yourself. Now where is this yoga pants thread?

jmliehr likes this.
  16. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

I love it.
    Now, is this allowed by the military? Other politicians or representatives abroad?
    Don't think too hard nbc

17. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

OzzyLvr and bluenrg like this.
  18. litespeedhuskerfan

litespeedhuskerfan Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

bluenrg likes this.
  19. mwulf

mwulf All-American
    Expand Collapse

The point should be that it be allowed for everyone

20. litespeedhuskerfan

Expand Collapse

Why did everyone stop calling it the China virus?

Because it's impossible to blame Trump for something that starts with the word China

21. Solana Beach Husker

Solana Beach Husker Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

The real question: What has changed that is particularly bad for society? People are cooking dinners at home. People are spending time with their families, people are exercising. Kids need to go to school, farmers need support to grow and transport food, scientists need labs to work...but how much of our lives is simply doing things that aren't particularly healthy. Eating and drinking out is incredibly inefficient, unhealthy but provides jobs. Running the rat race and having your kids do 5 sports a year, play 3 musical instruments, and do dance is great but almost nobody becomes a professional in these areas. How many jobs are not essential? And how can we make the things we do everyday more essential for health and happiness after this situation. Are we only doing things because we have to support an economy, are we only consuming because we are told to consume. Can America survive if its populace slows down, spends less, lives healthier?

Seascout3 likes this.
  22. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

No, that wasn't his point.

23. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

OzzyLvr and bluenrg like this.
  24. John_J_Rambo

John_J_Rambo Junior
    Expand Collapse

everyone votes by mail in CO. not sure when it started or whether it skewed results one way or another in terms of parties.

denver very left-leaning, colorado springs & most of rural CO very right-leaning. still very much a purple state.

25. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Why rush to a very poor solution?
    If, as some say, this is to last 18 months, it's high time we figure out how to do things under such a scenario.
    Voting won't be the first, nor the last, no reason once again to change convention with an assumed or poorer choice.

OzzyLvr likes this.
  26. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Society may hate you, whats wrong with that? Should we let them? Society hates these very thoughts, theres their motive to hate you.
    People are different than you, don't think like you, don't expect them to be, and you can't stop them either.

I will try against others who hate these ideals, though, I'm opposed to them.

27. kidofSN

kidofSN Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

28. CheeseRunza

CheeseRunza Walk On
    Expand Collapse

What has changed that is particularly bad for society?

You mean besides more than 40% of kids aren’t attending online school and it is projected that many will need to repeat grade levels creating impacts for years to come?

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ent-done-online-learning-since-schools-closed

And colleges may be closing permanently, while college students who are trying to work their way through college are hit particularly hard (job loss, no unemployment protection, no stimulus checks if a dependent).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...ently-as-the-coronavirus-hits-hard-2020-03-12

https://www.seattletimes.com/educat...-through-college-are-hard-hit-by-coronavirus/

How many jobs are not essential?

Must be a few.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...arly-april-as-record-layoffs-mount-2020-04-08

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...-has-lost-job-or-income-to-coronavirus-survey

29. mwulf

mwulf All-American
    Expand Collapse

John_J_Rambo likes this.
  30. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

I could try, but I can't defend it against this.

31. dinglefritz

dinglefritz College Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

With any serious disease process the key to successful treatment usually lies in early intervention. In the case of the Wuhan virus, if you haven't slowed the viremia down by the time the patient gets to the point of needed a ventilator, you're odds of winning aren't great. I also wonder IF some of the high mortality rate with vent patients right now might be due to questionable equipment AND the probability that there are under qualified people attempting to manage them. Having enough skilled nurses and Dr.s healthy enough to care for the patients was more of a concern for me than the number of ventilators available.

NorthwoodHusker likes this.
  32. litespeedhuskerfan

Expand Collapse

Alcohol sales are thru the roof (that is a fact. not opinion), not everyone can handle that. Many a men will get plowed and beat the shit out of their significant other that otherwise might not have, perverted psycho's with nowhere to go will sexually abuse the kid(s) more because they're all home. Jobs will be lost and that will destroy a lot of credit ratings. Wages will be stagnant at best, most will decline because corporate America rolled back a lot of salaries, and won't be near as fast to give it back when things get better. Thousands of small business's who's owners sunk their entire savings is will go broke. People who's hours got cut will lose their insurance and we know what two days in the hospital will do to their finances.

That's just the top of my head. That's why you don't let something with a fraction of a percent for a fatality rate wipe out the entire economy.

OzzyLvr and leodisflowers like this.
  33. GBRforLife1

Expand Collapse

OzzyLvr and tarheelhusker like this.
  34. GBRforLife1

Expand Collapse

Idk... Might not be a big enough number to scare people.

35. Solana Beach Husker

Solana Beach Husker Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

I said kids need to go to school. And this shutdown has illuminated why public schools exist in the first place. MANY Parents can't, won't, or shouldn't be educating kids...humans need assistance in learning. If they are self-motivated and successful in school it is because of years of investment and if they aren't able to learn on their own they need the system to help them. College is a different beast because it is a failed private entity and corrupt at almost every level. It should be public, it should be free, and it should be an extension of the public school system...with select private entities that mirror the private sector for primary and secondary schools. Why post-secondary has become purely private, for profit is beyond my comprehension.

36. GBRforLife1

Expand Collapse

OzzyLvr and NorthwoodHusker like this.
  37. litespeedhuskerfan

Expand Collapse

I honestly cannot even watch that train wreck it makes me so uncomfortable but it does beg the question...who would actually be running the country if Biden win? Because we know it won't be Biden.

OzzyLvr and NorthwoodHusker like this.
  38. leodisflowers

leodisflowers Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

Well it could be Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, Lizzie Warren, and any other major female contenders as that is what Biden committed to.

39. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

A poorly managed ventilator or a faulty ventilator is worse than no ventilator at all for a viral pneumonia JMO.

40. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

He SHOULD pick Gabbard as his VP and then immediately resign it he won. Of course I was hoping Trump would get tired of being President and resign too.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.