Covid 6.0

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by kaz36, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

My side. There you go again, with that nonsense. It’s like your are just trying to be dense. I have told you before I voted for Trump in 16 and have voted for many Republicans, especially on the state level. I’m not the one with an agenda here talking about “you guys” and “your side.” I believe that it is fair to factually discuss things like our response to the outbreak, why are you so married to identity politics that you can’t?

2. yort2000

yort2000 Junior
    Expand Collapse

The FE2+ to FE3+ is the natural way it works in the body. That has nothing to do with what the coronavirus is doing. It really didn't need to be in the blog post. I don't know why you are focusing on that particular item.

FE2+ and FE3+ are just different states of oxidation of iron.

3. NorthwoodHusker

NorthwoodHusker Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

And is why the old guard never fully embraced the religious right. But, over time, they understood this, and have since moved on beyond this.
    Thus the tea party etc.
    Everyone wants a better world, the right knew you can't shove morality down others throats and expect them to be happy,to comply or to change. The left has yet to learn that lesson, as they pretend to hold the higher moral ground.
    I easily put this to the side, knowing this, but in this pandemic, it's those who can't that are stuck, that may cause harm going forwards.

4. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Isn't that what causes the iron load as I stated above?

5. yort2000

yort2000 Junior
    Expand Collapse

No.

"Here’s where COVID-19 comes in. Its glycoproteins bond to the heme, and in doing so that special and toxic oxidative iron ion is “disassociated” (released). It’s basically let out of the cage and now freely roaming around on its own."

6. Lincoln100

Lincoln100 Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

"What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public." So true. D!pshits (and sheep) galore.

2286 Lincoln100, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    John_J_Rambo likes this.
  7. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Thank you, missed that.
    It's plausible, determining the causal effects and amounts. Instead of leftover dead material of typical body processing, poisons through infection, it has other effects as well.
    Interesting

8. tarheelhusker

tarheelhusker Defensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

9. GBRforLife1

GBRforLife1 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Are you trying to say none of your posts have had a leftist slant?

I would say some have.

10. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

I will also add on the note of the Democratic machine destroying the party. One of the reasons I voted for Trump was his grassroots approach (and Hillary being a garbage candidate created by the machine). This has been missing for the Democratic Party (with the exception of Obama, who again did it in spite of the party.) I wouldn’t vote for Sanders, as I simply didn’t believe in his vision, but I appreciated how he understood the need to for grassroots campaigns and actually relating to and hearing his base. If sane candidates with mainstream, common sense views would adopt this approach, politics would be a whole lot more tolerable.

And what do you see as the issues with the right? We have both given plenty of examples of the political failings of the left (I could go on). But you said you see the failings of both sides.

11. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

My worries are, like the old right, where say, insisting on full church attendence will cause harm in todays pandemic, I worry the left too will seek a action through government with the same effects, yet mandated by the government upon us all.

12. litespeedhuskerfan

litespeedhuskerfan Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

13. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

I'm all for an oldstyle democrat, when unions were needed to keep workers from abuse, where they cared about the common man, but they have moved away from this, and the void was filled by Trump.

He may be an a**hole at times, but he's our a**hole.

14. yort2000

yort2000 Junior
    Expand Collapse

The interesting thought to me is that:

1. Do all coronaviruses exhibit this behavior and that this particular one (COVID-19) mutated (in bats possibly) to last longer so that it is now lasting longer against the human immune system and being able to reach this state in a larger percent of people infected?,

2. Or, is it a mutated strain of the coronavirus that is the only one that exhibits this behavior?

It will be interesting to see if we ever find out.

15. jflores

jflores Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

I predicted some years ago during an early deployment to Afghanistan the right would win the abortion fight, the argument for increase military/Intel spending and authorities, and an occasional tax cut. Everything else would drift left.

Nearly 20 years later I don't see anything that leads me to change that prediction. If anything Trump has solidified and sped up the economic drift leftward. He's not PC but that war was won by the left far before he was a candidate.

headcard and tarheelhusker like this.
  16. leodisflowers

leodisflowers Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

Does Killary give it one more go? There is no way the Democratic Party can run Joe Biden, unless they are trying to get his female VP the nod. The guy is, quite sadly, deteriorating before our eyes. It's easy to laugh at the gaffes because it's politics, but man... I just feel bad for the guy. Get him out of there and let the guy go away in peace instead of continually embarrass himself and his family. We are going to look back and ask ourselves why he was allowed to continue.

John_J_Rambo and GBRforLife1 like this.
  17. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

It's simply much more infectious.
    Not just getting it, not as deadly either, but just getting it is the interactions itself.
    Does it grind on ,being so infectious,as it works its way through the body?
    Yes.

18. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

I wouldn't say the economic pov has shifted as much as the understanding of absolutes within the right has.
    There's a time and place for everything, and as we've gone blindly down the path on spending, most are keeping their eye on it.
    A draconian reaction may be needed down the road

We can try before it becomes simply a reality
    All debts are paid

19. litespeedhuskerfan

litespeedhuskerfan Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Listened to him for abut 3-4 minutes yesterday and he sounded better than I've ever heard him and I was quite shocked actually. I couldn't help but wonder if it was an old clip being passed off as new, because I agree with you he's going downhill right before our eyes, but yesterday for a few minutes I was really happy for him. He sounded completely normal.

20. leodisflowers

leodisflowers Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

That might be a first. The little they are putting him on TV has been a train wreck and that is why his campaign started limiting him.

21. jmliehr

jmliehr First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Trump has filled the pro union and common man void? Are you saying he is pro union and middle/lower class?

headcard likes this.
  22. yort2000

yort2000 Junior
    Expand Collapse

No proof this is any more infectious than other coronaviruses or other upper respiratory infections.

"Coronaviruses are important human and animal pathogens. During epidemics, they are the cause of up to one-third of community-acquired upper respiratory tract infections in adults and probably also play a role in severe respiratory infections in both children and adults"

"Seasonality — Community-acquired coronaviruses are ubiquitous; wherever investigators have looked, they have been detected. In temperate climates, coronavirus respiratory infections occur primarily in the winter, although smaller peaks are sometimes seen in the fall or spring, and infections can occur at any time of the year"

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/c...rch=coronavirus&language=en-US&source=preview

"Most people experience an average of 2 respiratory infections each year; these infections can lead to severe disease in high risk populations, which include young children, the elderly, and anyone with weakened or compromised immune systems"

https://www.genmarkdx.com/disease-states/respiratory-infections/

23. jmliehr

Expand Collapse

I’m afraid he’ll be fine for speeches and rehearsed discussions, but open debates and questions will be a train-wreck. Regardless, I am fairly confident Biden will win the popular vote, the only question is if he can pick up the Big Ten states (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan) to tilt the electoral college. Otherwise he needs Florida, North Carolina and Arizona to win.

24. Charlie Marlow

Charlie Marlow Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

25. GBRforLife1

Expand Collapse

26. jflores

jflores Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

As a billionaire I don't really think the Donald really gives two craps about unions. My dad's been in construction 40 years and doesn't enjoy the union run around so I would find it hard to believe the Donald as a construction mogul does either.

However his economic platform contains significant amount of Democrat protectionist policies.

27. John_J_Rambo

John_J_Rambo Junior
    Expand Collapse

no politician cares for anyone but themselves

obviously

WHCSC likes this.
  28. tarheelhusker

Expand Collapse

Joe’s Video from yesterday has been removed from you tube. I got to see it before removal. He was bad, so bad comments & the video are gone.

“ 1 day ago - About: TODAY brings you the latest headlines and expert tips on money, ... Joe Biden: 'We Cannot Delay The November Election' | TODAY ...

29. jmliehr

Expand Collapse

Yeah, that’s pretty bad.

30. jmliehr

Expand Collapse

That is complete and total BS, they care deeply for their donors who give them more money and power.

31. GBRforLife1

Expand Collapse

But only as long as that money keeps coming.

headcard and John_J_Rambo like this.
  32. John_J_Rambo

John_J_Rambo Junior
    Expand Collapse

LOL! perfect post.

jmliehr likes this.
  33. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Sure some do. But does that mean becomes “my side”. That identity politics stuff is silly. I don’t like the way Trump has handled this. I think a person should be able to say this. It doesn’t mean you love Hillary Clinton, or are part of some grand conspiracy to take down the President. You can be a Republican and/or support the President and not throw a fit when someone questions him, we all should at times. That’s why I have fired back over nonsense like accusing posters from one side of being brainwashed, while eating up drivel from shock jocks on the other side. Guess what, extremist on both side suck and push dangerous agendas. We should all look at things through our own lense and not eat up every single word of one part.

John_J_Rambo likes this.
  34. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Look who voted for him, and who is sticking with him. Yes, very apparent

35. jmliehr

Expand Collapse

Got to keep stroking for it to keep coming!

36. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

The numbers alone prove it is.

37. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Look at SARS, its cousin, then the numbers

38. tarheelhusker

Expand Collapse

Exactly why Biden’s family keeps trotting him out, only to be humiliated. $$$$’s

39. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Only if we're stupid enough to place ourselves below them

40. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

He's had to work with unions at every step. Especially out east.
    He knows the workermen.
    He also knows, whats good for them as well, even if the dems buy those who run the unions, while some states mandate where those unions political contributions go, the workermen may think otherwise, if Trump is heping them out.
    So, it's no surprise that union heads vote dem down the line, not so for the workermen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.