ADVERTISEMENT

Come In Peace

jonesyhawk982

Jun 23, 2016
Hi Huskers. Partner in crime and I got a wild hair and decided to get some tickets to the game tomorrow. I am curious what are some outings to check out in Lincoln as it is our first visit there. Best places to park and eat etc? More insight the better. Good luck tomorrow.

There really isn’t a lot of parking right by the stadium. There are some lots, but they are usually taken up by tailgaters. There are some downtown parking garages you can park in and also some othe lots around campus. There are three parking garages in the Haymarket, but I’m not sure how accessible they are on game day. I would hang out in the Haymarket and Railyard area. There are lots of bars and restaurants you can hang out in before the game and it’s close to the stadium.

Reactions: jonesyhawk982
"Partners in crime"
kissinghawkeyes.jpg

Hi Huskers. Partner in crime and I got a wild hair and decided to get some tickets to the game tomorrow. I am curious what are some outings to check out in Lincoln as it is our first visit there. Best places to park and eat etc? More insight the better. Good luck tomorrow.

I appreciate the spontaneity. I would recommend parking downtown (east of the railyard) as the railyard gets a bit congested. There a some really good bars downtown but to be safe given the time constraints of a relatively early game given your drive I recommend going to the railyard. There are some good bars down there that will provide a good pre-game environment of fans, food and beverage. Brewskys, Buzzard Billy's, EndZone (my personal favorite), Gate 25, Longfellows are a few that are worth checking out. From there you can be in your seat at the game in 20-ish minutes. I hope that helps. Have fun.

Thanks to the "best" fans in college football.

We do have some posters that are angry and rightfully so. You seem like a good guy so sorry you are taking the brunt of this. You have all your Iowa poster buddies to thank for the unpleasantness because they come here daily acting like asshats.

We have a couple of Iowa fans that are regulars here and are really good guys. Unfortunately they seem to be the exception to the rule. Most drop by to act like jerks.

Do you have a moustache. I bet you have a moustache. Partner in crime and wild hair?

All Iowa fans are clowns. There is no distinction between Iowa's two schools, in my view. Clowns.

Here is a link to all of the restaurants and bars in the Haymarket district, which is like 3 or 4 blocks to the Southwest of Memorial Stadium.

https://lincolnhaymarket.org/directory/dining

Barry's is sort of a historic pre-game bar, but I enjoy Brewsky's for a decent burger. Buzzard Billy's is similar. I've always liked Lazlo's for food as well. You can tap on each restaurant/bar to find out exactly where it's at.

O Street will offer evening entertainment after the game as well. If you like music, The Zoo Bar is a pretty good blues bar. It's been a while since I spent much time downtown, but there are plenty of bars and eateries in downtown Lincoln (outside of the Haymarket area) as well.

You'll find most people to be very friendly on gameday. Have fun. Welcome to Lincoln.

Last edited:
Runza is god awful. Lincoln is a great time on gameday, however.

Ha. It’s definitely hit or miss for a lot of people. Personally, I never miss it when I come home.

OP- stick to the haymarket and the railyard, great bars and people. There is a Parking garage at 11th and L streets that I recommend, but get there early. Have fun and stay warm today.

Last edited:
Reactions: SC_'sker
Ha. It’s definitely hit or miss for a lot of people. Personally, I never miss it when I come home.

OP- stick to the haymarket and the railyard, great bars and people. Their is a Parking grave at 11th and L streets that I recommend, but get there early. Have fun and stay warm today.
Your final parking place ?

Perfect for a blackbird.

OP- stick to the haymarket and the railyard, great bars and people. Their is a Parking grave at 11th and L streets that I recommend, but get there early. Have fun and stay warm today.
Ugh. Editing now. That’s what I get for posting half asleep. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT