ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches getting fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
I realize the odds are slim on Riley getting fired this year. Is there any chance assistants could get fired? Something needs to change. We have too much talent and look to horrible on all sides of the bask to chalk this up to anything but poor coaching

I realize the odds are slim on Riley getting fired this year. Is there any chance assistants could get fired? Something needs to change. We have too much talent and look to horrible on all sides of the bask to chalk this up to anything but poor coaching
Riley had his chance to cut some of the dead weight when he left Oregon state, he will not fire any of his long time buddies. What you see is what we are stuck with for the near future. The only coaches that might leave our some of the first year guys he has not worked with before.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Not a chance. We are stuck with them a few more bad to mediocre years. Just have to hope they kick tail in recruiting for the next coach.

So Nebraska has become the school that lets the HC bring in under qualified buddies. Am I wrong? What other school does this happen at?

No, the main reason Riley left Oregon State was because he didn't want to have to fire Banker. We are stuck with this staff for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: ExxHusker
So you all think if we lose out there is zero chance of any kind of change? The negativity around this program is at the highest I have ever seen. Even last year when all hated bo. I just can't believe a 3-9 record wouldn't force some sort of change.

Too much talent?? You lost me there.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Eichorst is the one I'm most disgusted with. He could have opened the checkbook and made a homerun hire, but instead peed down his leg. He has to go.

So you all think if we lose out there is zero chance of any kind of change? The negativity around this program is at the highest I have ever seen. Even last year when all hated bo. I just can't believe a 3-9 record wouldn't force some sort of change.

There's a pretty high likelihood that we have the same staff regardless of W's at the end of the year.

SE is not going to put NU on a carousel where he keeps changing assistants/coordinators and schemes, until whoever players happens to be around dominates year 1. After year 2, I think we'll see serious evaluations and changes as necessary.

Too much talent?? You lost me there.[/QUOTE
Besides Abdullah who did we lose from the 9-4 team last year to potentially be a 3-9 team this year. Basically the same team.that points to coaching not talent

No, the main reason Riley left Oregon State was because he didn't want to have to fire Banker. We are stuck with this staff for the foreseeable future.
I think the foreseeable future should be at the end of the year. Why not? I was willing to see what he could with better facilities and athletes, but he has done a resounding nothing!! He is too old to rebuild the program, so why not cut our loses after the season? I mean Einchorst included in that purge of the football program.

I think the foreseeable future should be at the end of the year. Why not? I was willing to see what he could with better facilities and athletes, but he has done a resounding nothing!! He is too old to rebuild the program, so why not cut our loses after the season? I mean Einchorst included in that purge of the football program.
Bye bye Riley. Recruiting is no different. On the field is even worse than before. Mr. Rogers neighborhood coaching is what it is. Round peg in square hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT