ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Williams in big time trouble now....

Let's just see how this all plays out before rushing to judgement. Arrested doesn't mean convicted. I could see a plea for a misdemeanor charge and probation. But this is all early in the process. Doesn't have to be the end of the world. Regardless, this is not good news to wake up to. Good grief.

Reactions: HuskerO
He should be fired. Period.

He is a danger to himself and others.

Would any "regular" person be kept on at a job anywhere after a fourth arrest?

Probably not a popular opinion, but what happens if they keep him and arrest number 5 happens to involve a fatality?

Probably not a popular opinion, but what happens if they keep him and arrest number 5 happens to involve a fatality?
Yes...cause most regular people would not have media coverage about it so no one would know.

I hear you but won't happen. I doubt they plead it down with
Yes...cause most regular people would not have media coverage about it so no one would know.

It's called a background check. At my company failure to self report an arrest is automatic grounds for termination.

I hear you but won't happen. I doubt they plead it down with

It's called a background check. At my company failure to self report an arrest is automatic grounds for termination.
So? Your company is not is pulling records for god knows how many employees every day...are they?

I can't see him coaching this season. I really can't see him keeping his job, but for now I think he needs to get started on rehab. I can't see him doing that and full time coaching.

Graduate assistant coaches:
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210175343
"Hardie Buck is in his second season at Nebraska in 2016 and his first year as a graduate assistant coach. Buck will primarily assist wide receivers coach Keith Williams while working with the Husker wideouts."

And probably Tavita Thompson will be the graduate assistant who Riley will promote. I know they really wanted to keep him. I don't think he really fits as a wide receiver coach in the long term, but I expect his role to greatly increase this season.
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209882099

Won't be popular because it is completely reactionary. You really have no information but you want him fired immediately. I'll admit it doesn't look good for him but let's wait until the university has some time to gather facts.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and HuskerO
Won't be popular because it is completely reactionary. You really have no information but you want him fired immediately. I'll admit it doesn't look good for him but let's wait until the university has some time to gather facts.

No information? The public record contains facts, the police report contains facts.

No information? The public record contains facts, the police report contains facts.
There are at least 2 sides to every story. Have you heard anything from 1 of the sides involved in this story? If the university decides to fire him I'm fine with that. If they take some other stance that is in line with existing policy then I'll accept that as well.

Lots of policy's do...we can't have facial hair at my job...

We just hired a dude with a stache

Agreed they are used by lawyers in any suit against the company.

They made 80k employees go through Diversity Training. Day one they guy asks why us the company investing so much time and money into this training. There 4-5 people with standard PC answers. I rose and said the only reason we are here is legal liability. If the company is sued for discrimination they can point to this training as a defense. The guy stood wide eyed but to his credit he said "I hate to agree with this guy but he's right".

Feel bad for the guy, but man I got hyped up about the recruits he was pulling in and all the "savage professionalism" talk. With a 5 star and one of the biggest recruits we've ever had in town he does this? Smdh. Idk how things will turn out but wow did Riley get dealt a crap hand.

There are at least 2 sides to every story. Have you heard anything from 1 of the sides involved in this story? If the university decides to fire him I'm fine with that. If they take some other stance that is in line with existing policy then I'll accept that as well.

True we haven't heard why he crashed while driving a car with a .15.

Agreed they are used by lawyers in any suit against the company.

They made 80k employees go through Diversity Training. Day one they guy asks why us the company investing so much time and money into this training. There 4-5 people with standard PC answers. I rose and said the only reason we are here is legal liability. If the company is sued for discrimination they can point to this training as a defense. The guy stood wide eyed but to his credit he said "I hate to agree with this guy but he's right".
Totally

This falls more into Risk Management and looking to the future than today or the past. The question for the university is can they risk a 4th DUI. I think the answer is clear but others may not.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I am surprised the University approved his hire in the first place, with 2 prior DUIs on his record. Especially after some of the losers Pelini had on staff.

Though it probably explains why such a talented coach was at a program like Tulane.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Well why do we even bother with due process. We should just ask you the right answer to everything huh?

In some cases the evidence becomes public knowledge and one can make an informed OPINION. This board is full of them. P.S. You probably would be better off asking me for the right answer to everything! haha - jk - you made the pitch I HAD to hit it. ;-)

I am surprised the University approved his hire in the first place, with 2 prior DUIs on his record. Especially after some of the losers Pelini had on staff.

Though it probably explains why such a talented coach was at a program like Tulane.
Man I don't think it's fair to hold something over someone's heads forever especially if his last one was 10 years ago.

*Queue someone questioning me if I would hire a murderer.

You can imagine how management likes me. Yet to my surprise some appreciate those willing to question authority.
Man I don't think it's fair to hold something over someone's heads forever especially if his last one was 10 years ago.

*Queue someone questioning me if I would hire a murderer.

The past DUIs are certainly relevant to any consideration of the current charges.

Then who coaches the TEs?

Reggie Davis coached TE in the NFL and Brasfield is around and coached RB for Riley at OSU.

All purely speculation but there are people in Lincoln that could be turned to immediately if need be I believe.

You can imagine how management likes me. Yet to my surprise some appreciate those willing to question authority.

The past DUIs are certainly relevant to any consideration of the current charges.
Never said it shouldn't be taken into consideration.

How dumb do you have to be? Uber, Lyft, City Taxi, whole coaching staff of buddies. Buddies outside of work. Walk. Stay. Stay Sober. Just a few good choices there.
But no, dumbass who teaches our young men how to catch 1-handed decides he "drives better when he's shiitefaced." So tired of everyone putting one individual or a whole coaching staff in front of NEBRASKA FOOTBALL the pride of our state.

Fire him & whoever vouched for him. Yeah, lookin' at you Smiley & that phony lawyer AD.

I feel sorry for Riley. Poor guy probably wonders when he is going to catch a break here. Just when momentum and optimism are building ... Thud. A kick in the groin.

Coach Williams needs help. Football is secondary now. He cannot get treatment, and coach at the same time. That is impossible from a treatment perspective, and at the very least he will be mandated to rigorous treatment.

How dumb do you have to be? Uber, Lyft, City Taxi, whole coaching staff of buddies. Buddies outside of work. Walk. Stay. Stay Sober. Just a few good choices there.
But no, dumbass who teaches our young men how to catch 1-handed decides he "drives better when he's shiitefaced." So tired of everyone putting one individual or a whole coaching staff in front of NEBRASKA FOOTBALL the pride of our state.

Fire him & whoever vouched for him. Yeah, lookin' at you Smiley & that phony lawyer AD.
Yes, fire everyone. Seems reasonable.

Did the HC know he had two priors? You would think that would be well known and there would be something in place, some monitoring as a condition of employment.

In this day in age, everyone does a background check and this would have shown up. My guess is he would also need to disclose it depending on how the application is written at Nebraska. The university had to know he had these in the past. Despite his ability to coach at a high level, he has obvious problems with decision making. It also is not like he has been at the University for 10 or 20 years as well and earned some wiggle room. It is not uncommon for a business to bring someone in and speak to them about their background check and it is at this time that conditions for employment can be set. I am NOT saying that happened in this case - I am just saying what I have seen happen in the past at colleges.

I am so mad right now. Everything was starting to really turn around, and then THIS setback. When is this program going to catch a break?

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, and I think Coach Williams will likely lose his job over this. Which is too bad, because he was our second best recruiter and really putting us on the map for WR's.

Now what?

Reactions: HuskerO

Overreact much?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT