ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Williams in big time trouble now....

3rd offense and almost twice the legal limit. Bye bye.
Were the other 2 while he was at Nebraska? If not, what was the time frame of the other 2 offenses?

Clearly Williams' has a problem and needs help and hopefully he gets / accepts that help.

Were the other 2 while he was at Nebraska? If not, what was the time frame of the other 2 offenses?

Does it matter? 3rd offense is a 3rd offense regardless of where and when. Role model for college kids including #1 WR recruit in the country?

Does it matter? 3rd offense is a 3rd offense regardless of where and when. Role model for college kids including #1 WR recruit in the country?
I think it does matter to a certain extent. Was it his 3rd offense in 20 years or 3rd offense in 2 years?

Chances he's gets fired for this?

Chances we lose commits from this?
I wouldn't be surprised if he is let go. No inside knowledge (no way of telling anyway as it's too soon), but I'm just preparing myself for KW to be let go.

If he's allowed to stay and hopefully he is (as long as he gets / accepts the help needed) then I'd be surprised if we lost any current commits, but it may hurt us with any future commits.

If he gets let go then the odds of us losing current and future commits increases.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is let go. No inside knowledge (no way of telling anyway as it's too soon), but I'm just preparing myself for KW to be let go.

If he's allowed to stay and hopefully he is (as long as he gets / accepts the help needed) then I'd be surprised if we lost any current commits, but it may hurt us with any future commits.

If he gets let go then the odds of us losing current and future commits increases.
Really can't see him being fired because it's the first offense here. Taking a leave of absence, yes.

I don't see how you can have someone getting in car accidents while drinking and driving being a role model for college kids. I mean, you could try the whole "lessons learned" thing, but he clearly doesn't get it.

It may certainly cause parents of recruits who could basically go anywhere to reassess what type of role model their son's position coach is going to be.

I trust the OSU WR coach will have enough class not to pile on in social media but I guarantee it will subtly or not so subtly come up on recruiting visits to competing schools.

This is a big check in the negative column of our current and future WR recruits.

Damn. Damn. Damn. He clearly has problems. I hope he gets the help he needs. As for being fired... That issue is above my pay grade. Does the University have a policy about this?

Damn. Damn. Damn. He clearly has problems. I hope he gets the help he needs. As for being fired... That issue is above my pay grade. Does the University have a policy about this?
The state sure does ...15 will get you jail time I think

Get him help but get him off the team. His mistakes will be easy pickins for other teams recruiting tactics

No, he should not be fired.
I don't know all of the information so I don't have an opinion one way or another yet, but this is his 3rd offense (I do believe it matter to some extent how recent the first 2 are), he crashed into another vehicle (I do believe it was minor) so where do you draw the line?

A 4th DUI? Blow triple the legal limit? Until he seriously injures someone else? Etc...

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
This is crazy, he has one of the best recruits in the country here and he does this... come on man...trying to be as positive as I can here...things were starting to look up...getting some momentum... This will cost us...

come the hell on. He has a problem alright, its a brain problem. He apparently only knows how to use it on the football field. This will be a killer if he doesnt get fired. How awkward would that be to explain to a concerned parent how his coach is going to keep the kid out of trouble when the coach is too intoxicated to monitor them.

Put the bottle down and concentrate on your career and being a role model. How embarassing to this University and its fans. The kids probably dont care too much to be honest.

Not sure how we can fire him...what are we going to do, not have a WR coach this year?

He's got to be suspended at a minimum, what short term options do we have?
I'm starting to think that we're cursed.
come the hell on. He has a problem alright, its a brain problem. He apparently only knows how to use it on the football field. This will be a killer if he doesnt get fired. How awkward would that be to explain to a concerned parent how his coach is going to keep the kid out of trouble when the coach is too intoxicated to monitor them.

Put the bottle down and concentrate on your career and being a role model. How embarassing to this University and its fans. The kids probably dont care too much to be honest.

Kids don't care? Very wrong about that.

Is this decision even in the HC's hands? I would think with a 3rd it would not be and it would go to the AD or higher.

Could be a case where he steered clear of alcohol for a long time, but unfortunately relapsed. I doubt KW is boozed up all the time, but I guess it is possible while he's not on the field.

I hate posts like this though when we don't know all of the facts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT